Page 24 of 62 << First ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... Last>>
    Congrats Blu-Ray Supporters! It was one hell of a fight, but its time for me to go Blu 100% in this household!
    My Future is
    /BDP-94HD!
    Yay!! Sony has finally succeeded in screwing us all in the ass!!! Hooray!! Let's celebrate!!

Sony must have dropped quite a load of hush hush money on Warner to get them to jump ship without saying a word to anyone...

Warner = Major Sellouts

Yay, time to convert to Beta-Raymax.... I mean Blu-Ray....

Time for first party prices to sky rocket!
    Mitsubishi HC4000 300-Inch 1080p Front Projector
    110 Inch Carada Precision Screen

X-Box 360 Slim 250GB
    Playstation 3 Slim 160GB
    Blu-Rays - #? Need to recount... (Last Purchased: Great Mouse Detective)

Want to trade with me? PM ME!

I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents always taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate...
    *Waits for the inevitable rumors to spread about how much Sony paid Warner to do this*
    Quote Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
    I think msft knows a little bit more about online security than a bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Gorilla View Post
    *Waits for the inevitable rumors to spread about how much Sony paid Warner to do this*
    As if anything else was possible. Everyone has know that Sony was willing to pay anything to get complete control over studio base.
    Mitsubishi HC4000 300-Inch 1080p Front Projector
    110 Inch Carada Precision Screen

X-Box 360 Slim 250GB
    Playstation 3 Slim 160GB
    Blu-Rays - #? Need to recount... (Last Purchased: Great Mouse Detective)

Want to trade with me? PM ME!

I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else, because my parents always taught me to give my used toys to the less fortunate...
    Wow, I was surprised to see this. Just wow!!! Forget HD-DVD, it's now Blu's time to focus on replacing SD-DVD.
    Enjoying life in HD!
    Congratulations on Warner going Blu-ray. Luckily for me I only have 2 Warner titles on HD DVD, Superman Returns & Happy Feet for the Dolby TrueHD soundtracks.

I was happy about the announcement until I read Fox's 1st quarter announcements are going to be MPEG-2. I hope that's a mistake & they'll be released in AVC. If not people should complain to Fox.

As long as all the Blu-ray studios including Warner release in high bitrate video encodes & lossless sound I'm happy.

To me it's all about quality of picture & sound.

Hopefully Warner will take advantage of the extra space on Blu-ray for better audio & video encodes. And hopefully Fox will too.

Now maybe all the animosity between each other about different formats can be turned to the studios to release better video & audio encodes on titles.
    Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)

Pioneer Elite Pro-150FD 60" Kuro Plasma
    Pioneer Elite SC-37 Receiver
    PS3 80G, Sony BDP-CX960 400 Disc Blu-ray Mega Changer, Sony BDP-S570 & Oppo BDP-93
    Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player

Blu-Rays Owned 319
    HD DVDs Owned 2
    *Waits for the inevitable rumors to spread about how much Sony paid for Columbia Tristar and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer to do this*
    There you go again!! Mistaking me for somebody who gives a damn!

High Definition New Zealand
    Well folks, I hereby concede, admit defeat, and raise up the white flag. To my HD-DVD brethren, it was nice while it lasted. I guess David doesn't always win against Goliath, and the honest underdogs sometimes still finish last.

HD-DVD has just lost the format war.

As such, I am trading my HD-DVD add-on to Gamestop today as well as my HD-DVD's. GameStop is paying $60 credit for the drive and I might as well get it in before the news trickles down through the system.

This was the post I was hoping never to make. Oh wells. Guess I'm going to sit this one out, and wait for the next generation. I'm disgusted with all of the downright disgusting and sickly shenanigans surrounding this war (studio hogging, Michael Bay, and shockingly Stephen Speilberg: both of which I have come to lose quite a bit of respect for over the past few months, and now WB who was just applauded for offering descerning consumers a choice!) And I'm not paying 400 billion dollars for a BRD player, espacially not after what has occurred.

Once again it was nice while it lasted, but it appears Sony has finally muscled its own format onto us.

The lesser format has won.

Take care. I guess there will be no need to visit this site anymore.
    Last edited by DHX; 02-21-2008 at 04:43 AM.

Default WB & Others should come to their senses

I don't get it... I don't get Fox, Disney, Lionsgate and now Warners. I don't get how they turned their backs on HD-DVD. Perhaps if Toshiba had shared with other makers and got more set-tops out there?

But the real reason I am confused and dishearten... Studios are moving into the Sony camp and backing BR. Think about that Fox, Disney & WB. You are going over to get into bead with another company that you COMPETE with. You are now putting $$$ in their pockets. And when you look at the install base... remove the Playstation 3 from the equation.. now tell me who wins?

When you visit stores that sell 'used' why is it they have plenty and I mean plenty of BR but almost no HD-DVDs? I think it's because owners of HD-DVD players want to own their movies and see them in the best manor possible.

Most BR owners are PS3 owners... what else do they have to do but rent BR movies until Sony gets their act together and brings decent games to the PS3.

But still I am shocked... I thought the studios were ruled by beancounters.

HD-DVD (Great Marketing Name) is cheaper and easier to press and now will have the same capacity of BR's. HD-DVD camp is not owned by a competing studio either. With WB joining if Fox and Disney stay with BR then Sony/Columbia wins. Prices go up until the beachhead is intrenched.

So if this is how it is... Xbox please release a BR add-on player that can work next to my Xbox HD player.

Trust me if BR was owned and run like HD there wouldn't be this confusion for me over the studios decisions. I just can't believe Disney et al want to help Sony/Columbia get richer and more controlling.

Of course... I could be all wrong.... not!
    Drinking the Koolaid consisting of Xbox 360, Xbox HD-DVD add-on, PS3 160g, 110 HD-DVDs, 194 Blu-Rays, 39 Criterion Blu or SD, 106 SD DVDs, 103 movies on computer/iPod , HP 47inch 1080p LCD flat-screen, Fios HD-DVR, Pioneer Elite 7.1 and of course the greatest Koolaid flavor: Apple 4 Computers/3 laptops/2 iPhones/2 iPods.
    LOL, why does anyone even care? What's done is done, and that's all that matters. If a company wants to pay that much for a studio let them, don't look at it as evil or anything, they obviously want to win the war more than the HD DVD group.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com
    First Post:

As a true movie lover I went both formats. Have about 30 movies in each.

I guess this day had to come and I guess sooner better than later. Now I just do not know if I should start replacing my hd movies or if I should keep a player that is doomed to fade away.

I admit I thought and still think that HD is better however I will not be buying anymore. I do hope that the rest of the hd studios go blu, or neuteral, soon. I love movies but cannot see myself buying something that made fade away in the next couple of years.
    Awesome news! Thank WB for helping to end this war.

Paramount, you deserve the egg that is all over your face!

Default Crap, crap, crap.

Oh, well. At least I got a good deal on my player.

All told, the player + 10 movies were $200, which isn't that horrible of a disc price.

Now, I wait for the Profile 1.1 Blu-ray players to come down in price.
    Quote Originally Posted by marine92104 View Post
    I was happy about the announcement until I read Fox's 1st quarter announcements are going to be MPEG-2. I hope that's a mistake & they'll be released in AVC. If not people should complain to Fox.
    If I had to guess some of these were probably encoded a long time ago before fox had their previous massive round of delays.

As such I would hope its temporary until the mpeg2 pipe runs dry. Could also be a typo like the Simpsons where the printed the box with mpeg2 on the back,
    "I know I am in danger of being misunderstood by those people, all to numerous, who cannot distinguish a statement of belief in what is the case from an advocay of what ought to be the case" Richard Dawkins
    I can't buy another HD-DVD either. I just got done buying 20 based on WB saying they were neutral through the end of 08. I am very disappointed. At least I was planning on getting a ps3 anyway. Now I get to be jerked around by 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 891651.4, 45651.4568a....
    I ignore people with political signatures because I don't come here for stupid propaganda.