View Poll Results: I own more movies that are...

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • blu-ray

44 40.37%
  • HD-DVD

59 54.13%
  • Equal amount of both

6 5.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Default Which format do you own the most movies of? Poll - Blue, Red, or Equal

I did a few searches before posting this polled thread, cause I was surprised it hasn't been done yet. This could get similar results to the who owns what player poll, except a lot of the dual supporters may side with one selection over the other.

My vote is for blu-ray... I'm 66 to 16 on blue versus red movies owned.

Edited to Link in some slightly different red vs blue polls I found...

What Format do you Prefer?

HD DVD or Blu-ray. What do you OWN?!!

Blu-ray owners professionals & HD DVD owners students

Who here still thinks this "War" won't end in a stalemate?
    Last edited by javajake; 11-28-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Default Shocked

Because my taste in movies leans so heavily to the blue side, I'm totally shocked at all of these poll results leaning so red!!!

Is it that the blue folks just don't like answering polls?
    251 on HD DVD and 166 on Blu-ray
    Main Theater: Epson Home Cinema 8500UB Projector, 150" screen, Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player, Toshiba HD-XA2 HD DVD Player, Toshiba HD-A35 HD DVD Player, LG BH200 Super Blu HD DVD/Blu-ray Player, Sony PS3 60GB BD Player, JVC HM-DH40000U D-VHS Player, FIOS QIP6416-2 HDDVR, Custom HTPC, Pioneer CLD-V710 LD Karaoke Player, Denon AVR-3808CI HDMI 1.3 130W/ch 7.1, Klipsch RC-25 L/C/R, RB-25 side and rear, RW-12 Subwoofer
    Living Room: Samsung HL-S 6187 1080P DLP RPTV, Panasonic BDP-BD55K Blu-ray Player, Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD Player, FIOS QIP6416-2 HDDVR, Custom HTPC, Onkyo TX-SR607 90W/ch 7.2, Yamaha NS-125FP L/R, NS-SP1600 C/Surrounds/SW
    Bedroom: Sceptre X42GV-Naga 1080P LCD/HDTV, FIOS QIP6416-2 HDDVR, Custom HTPC

My Home Theater

My Movie Collection

Default Switch result order?

Is there a way for me to switch the order or color of the poll results graph? (this is my first poll) It kind of counter intuitive having a blue bar for HD DVD and a red bar for Blue-ray! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by xradman View Post
    251 on HD DVD and 166 on Blu-ray
    Holy smokes BatMan!!! Thats an impressive collection! I'm not worthy!
    I don't think you should include neutral titles, because if you do it basically becomes a, "What format do you buy Warner titles in?" thread.
    I buy HD DVD when there is a choice.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.
    I started off about one year ago with Red and went purple about four months ago.
    So since then I've been 'catching up' on Blu titles that I've been wanting to buy.
    Now I have about 85 or so of each format. Buying Tremors and Omega Man in Red....Blade Runner and Harry Potter in Blu.....
    Then, planning on purchasing : Bourne Ultimatum, Shoot 'em Up, Sunshine, Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
    ...you get the picture.
    And the only reason I have more BR now, is because of the BOGOF. I probably bought over 20 movies in the last month alone because of them. And maybe 3 HDDVD's (Shrek The Third, Old School, and Anchorman).

I still haven't bought a new BR in the last month because I know in a month or so (probably around when Bourne comes out), I will be able to get them all for Half price. It's the only way BR can sell. Please HDDVD camp, make some specials.
    XBOX 360 Games : 75
    PS3 Games : 4
    HD DVD Movies : 145
    Blu-Ray : 240
    DVD's : 350
    Panasonic TH-58PZ700U
    Denon AVR-3808CI, HD-XA2, PS3
    Energy Connoisseur Series (C5 x 2, C-C1 x 1, C-R3 x 4 and S10.2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
    I buy HD DVD when there is a choice.
    I buy only HD DVD. There was one title on Blu-ray that I would have liked to have in high-def (Close Encounters) but after seeing the PQ I thought the BD wouldn't have been worth getting over the standard DVD anyway.
    Visit MidnightWatcher's Blogspot or follow my NEWS feed on Twitter.
    Almost equal in number BUT I count Star Trek Season 1, Heroes and Planet Earth on HDDVD as "1" each so i'm actually pretty tilted red...
    Blu-ray - 214

HDDVD - *47 (Including Planet Earth, Heroes S1 and Star Trek S1) *Soon to be rare collector's items!
    Blu-ray 110
    HD DVD 20

I buy Blu when given the choice (Warner and Paramount prior to September).
    Even though blu-Ray has more titles available 450+ and more movie backing, alot of people prefer HD-DVD titles. I am new to High-Def I got only 16 HD and 2 Blu-ray.
    TV: 65" Toshiba DLP 65HM167- 1080P
    SD DVD's- 250+
    HD: Toshiba HD A-2 (2.7)
    HD DVD- 20
    Blu-Ray- Sony BDP-S300 (3.3) | Blu-Ray- 22
    Receiver- Sony 700W 7.1-Ch. A/V Home Theater Receiver (Model: STR-DG820)
    Speakers-Sony - 8" Bookshelf Speakers (Pair), Sony - 5-1/4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair), Sony Dual 5-1/4" 2-Way Center-Channel Speaker | Sub- JBL 12" Studio L8400P 600-Watt
    Rocketfish Universal Wireless Kit for-
    Sony - 5-1/4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
    Mine is HD-DVD but that's just because I just got a PS3 so the Pendulum may swing...
    I have slightly more BD over HD (13 BD and 11 HD DVD), but that has no bearing on preference, just the choice of movies I have at this time.

I actually have no preference of either format.