Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    ippirate is offline Member

Post Michael Bay's Final Stance = HD DVD Good

Here is a quote from Michael Bay on his forum. He just posted this so it's the latest.

Last night at dinner I was having dinner with three blu-ray owners, they were pissed about no Transformers Blu-ray and I drank the kool aid hook line and sinker. So at 1:30 in the morning I posted - nothing good ever comes out of early am posts mind you - I over reacted. I heard where Paramount is coming from and the future of HD and players that will be close to the $200 mark which is the magic number. I like what I heard.

As a director, I'm all about people seeing films in the best quality possible, and I saw and heard firsthand people upset about a corporate decision.

So today I saw 300 on HD, it rocks!

So I think I might be back on to do Transformers 2!

Michael Bay

So there it is. Sorry Blu-Ray fans. Mod's can you make the appropriate adjustments on your home page article? Also, would you mind changing the title while you are at it? It is now misleading.

Here is the URL for the source:

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...pic.php?t=2304
    If Bruce Dickenson wants more HD, I say we give 'em more HD!

Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson

He jumps around doesn't he? First he was mad, now he is okay? It's not okay to make claims like that uneducated and then say nevermind, but I'm just glad people can finally give this a rest.

He mentioned that he heard about $200 players, I guess we know why Paramount decided exclusive would be a good way to go along with the money.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

StarkyLuv is offline Member

I just posted a thread saying this EXACT same thing.

HD DVD is closest to providing an HD player at "impulse buy" price. Period, end of story. HD DVD owners also buy more discs per unit.

The PS3 IS blu-ray right now. Unfortunately, the PS3 is NEVER going to push HD movies to the mainstream because the mainstream doesn't want a videogame system (name a PS2 owner that also doesn't have a dedicated DVD player. Now repeat this process with PS3 and blu-ray)

Bay overreacted and now has listened to reason. He won't be the first.

Volume 11 is offline Banned

Like I said to every BD backer in numerous other posts, but Bay knew damn well he never meant what he said...and the studio always wins...

I'd also suspect Paramount reps let him in on other reasons why they are supporting HD DVD...I'm fully expecting another bombshell announcement right at the start of the holiday season.

Its nice to see he is manning up and admitting his mistake...but the dinner with BD owners was the best...like most people on ths site, you could all do better to lay off the Blurry Ray kool aid.

ChrisInCali is offline Member

Sound like he said what he meant origianlly, but got bitch-slapped by Paramount behind closed doors.

I could care less if he did make Transformers 2 or not...he makes himself sound like without him it can't happen.

juventuz is offline Member

Sounds like Bay on Pearl Harbor... I'm off, no I'm on... No, I'm off again, nope, back on again...
    JVC 52" 1080P
    : juventuz

Custom Blul-ray & HD DVD covers

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInCali View Post
    Sound like he said what he meant origianlly, but got bitch-slapped by Paramount behind closed doors.
    I don't think so..he could still say what he said.. I think they filled him in on the HD DVD group's plans and he is okay with it. He may not be completely happy, but It sounds like he is okay now that he knows what will hopefully do down this year.

Volume 11 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInCali View Post
    Sounds like someone can't accept the huge blo BD was just dealt...

soooo close....sooo close BD.

PIHB is offline Member

JoeSixPack is offline Member

Damage control. I'm sure he didn't expect the sort of wide spread coverage his little comment got and the resulting phone calls he probably got today. Now he's properly in back line saying what his masters want him to say.

But we know what he really thinks.

Haha..obviously Paramount touched him up. However, it says alot that Paramount is showcasing 300 to show Bay what's great about HD DVD.

When Bay asked to be showcased the BD version of 300, they grabbed the sd dvd and said "it's this with better PQ"...

Staffyman is offline Member

Michael Bay's Final Stance = pwned by the people holding his leash.

What a tool!

vooswing is offline Member

Publicists are a good thing.

Whether he is happy or not with the decision for Paramount to go HD DVD only doesn't mean much the next day when you start talking to you agent and thinking about your next million dollar paycheck from a studio. He could be sincere or he could be in damage control mode.

I'm just glad he's not going to let this decision affect the next Transformers.
    Over 400 Blu-rays and growing...

Kimba1970 is offline Member
    Udine - 1 hour from Venice (the one in Italy)

I knew he would have corrected himself as soon as the drunkenness was off : I spent some time on his site today and there was no sign of his "Blu rage" anywhere. Boy it sure does look he was taken to the woodshed...

And how many threads and words were spent today about his fearless Bluray stance? How many people praised his love for Bluray as the paramount (eh!) of his respect for customer and movies viewer? Countless, and they all look quite hollow now on the base of this little speech here.

Plenty of people need to quietly go off line, take a rest, spend a nice evening out with friends and come back here tomorrow with some fresh ideas about this "war".
    HD DVD - 186 disks
    BLU RAY - 160 disk

XBOX 360 + HD DVD Add on - Games 92
    PS3 40 GB - Games 10

50'' Samsung DLP TV SP50L6HX + ONKYO HTX-22HD 5+1

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast