Sbert is offline Member

Default Hiroo Onoda, Japanese soldier who long refused to surrender, dies at 91

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/17/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

I thought this would be appropriate for our forum since we referred to this guy so many times.

RIP.
    Cheers to the ever positive Kosty, may you find peace and happiness in the heavens above.
    Kosty's Obituary
    Kosty's Guestbook
    Kosty's HiDefForum Memorial Thread
    Hidefdigest Zyber Blog

bruceames is offline Member

I don't recall any references. Are you trying to make some sort of statement?

Sbert is offline Member

Oh he was referred to at least 2-3 times in these forums.
    Cheers to the ever positive Kosty, may you find peace and happiness in the heavens above.
    Kosty's Obituary
    Kosty's Guestbook
    Kosty's HiDefForum Memorial Thread
    Hidefdigest Zyber Blog

silverado is offline Member

I thought this was a mispost. Who is Hiroo Onoda??? What did he refuse to surrender to?? Doesn't sound like a reference on this forum, maybe you are mistaken on the forum he was referenced in.

Malanthius is offline Member

No Sbert is right. He was referred to several times in the past when comparing people to him. Maybe not by name. But when accusing them that they must have been stuck on an island somewhere and forgot the format war was over. Haha! That was some good smackdown! Think I used it myself.
    Roku2, Roku3, Samsung 1600, Insignia BR W/Netflix!
    = 70

Quote Originally Posted by Malanthius View Post
    No Sbert is right. He was referred to several times in the past when comparing people to him. Maybe not by name. But when accusing them that they must have been stuck on an island somewhere and forgot the format war was over. Haha! That was some good smackdown! Think I used it myself.
    Must have been around that time that I wasn't frequenting Smackdown. It was getting really nasty in here so I just left for a while. Still, odd to create a whole thread about it, but whatever...

Malanthius is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
    Must have been around that time that I wasn't frequenting Smackdown. It was getting really nasty in here so I just left for a while. Still, odd to create a whole thread about it, but whatever...
    Haha ya it was probably around that time. I know I used it when people kept bringing up HDDVDs failure. I know I compared them to that guy stuck on the island. They didn't like it. But it was appropriate nonetheless.
    Roku2, Roku3, Samsung 1600, Insignia BR W/Netflix!
    = 70

Quote Originally Posted by Malanthius View Post
    Haha ya it was probably around that time. I know I used it when people kept bringing up HDDVDs failure. I know I compared them to that guy stuck on the island. They didn't like it. But it was appropriate nonetheless.
    Lol, now I get it. Ya they must have loved that.

ChrisMoreno is offline Member

Wow!! Some people just refuse to give up..Such courage and passion.

silverado is offline Member

So this soldier did not know the war was over and that was in reference to the people who continually bashed HD DVD….
    Ok, I get this now, but why bring it up again now?? The war is six years over, come out of the jungle…we are now on digital and 4K.

ChrisMoreno is offline Member

there is some confusion i guess as it may not have noticed about the points you are mentioning about or something else