View Poll Results: Put up or shut the hell up! Watcha got?

Voters
2035. You may not vote on this poll
  • HD DVD player

906 44.52%
  • Blu-ray player

640 31.45%
  • Both. Hey, I REALLY love HD movies!

489 24.03%
Closed Thread 
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... Last>>

Question HD DVD or Blu-ray. What do you OWN?!!

Not what format you've attached your very emotioinal well-being to. What format do you actually OWN and watch hi-def movies on? I ask because it seems that some here are so emotionally invested....but are they financially? Are they putting their money where their mouths are?

I've own HD DVD for a month and a half and have 30 movies with 6 on pre-order. I LOVE HD movies! So, what are you watching HD movies on?
    Hey, Doby. I think Starky's getting pissed off. He's sounding really angry tonight. Must have had a bad Christmas.
    A Movie Request to Hollywood:
    "The Raid" - based on the book by Benjamin F. Schemmer.
    It is the true story of the U.S. Special Forces raid on the Son Tay prison camp located 23 miles from Hanoi, in an effort to rescue 70 POWs on Nov. 21, 1970.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_tay_raid

The raiders were led by SF legends Col. "Bull" Simons and Maj. Richard Meadows.
    Both men are memorialized with statues at Ft. Bragg, N.C.
    Currently HD DVD owner
    XBox 360 HD DVD add on

11 Movies
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Hey, Doby. I think Starky's getting pissed off. He's sounding really angry tonight. Must have had a bad Christmas.

Whoa, you guys really are "fighting", huh? Is that your goal? To get people "pissed off"? And what exactly would I be "pissed off" about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Ha ha - he's hopeless. A real gem for the HD DVD fanboy community, I can only say that I'm very happy he's on that side.

Current Blu-ray collection - 13 titles
    Quote Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Ha ha - he's hopeless. A real gem for the HD DVD fanboy community, I can only say that I'm very happy he's on that side.

Current Blu-ray collection - 13 titles
    It does feel good to be on the better side
    Quote Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    A Movie Request to Hollywood:
    "The Raid" - based on the book by Benjamin F. Schemmer.
    It is the true story of the U.S. Special Forces raid on the Son Tay prison camp located 23 miles from Hanoi, in an effort to rescue 70 POWs on Nov. 21, 1970.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_tay_raid

The raiders were led by SF legends Col. "Bull" Simons and Maj. Richard Meadows.
    Both men are memorialized with statues at Ft. Bragg, N.C.
    "that side"?

Oh my. this is getting spooky. Seriously. You guys need to get out some. Find a woman. Go get drunk.

Really, decompress.

And when did doby get blu-ray? I though he was using his friend's or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
    "that side"?

Oh my. this is getting spooky. Seriously. You guys need to get out some. Find a woman. Go get drunk.

Really, decompress.

One way they could unwind is to watch a movie. But that will just remind them of HD DVDs superiority
    HD DVD movies: 16

Blu-ray movies: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
    I bought my first title shortly after the PS3 came out. Now I have 13.
    Murch always said you should put your money where your mouth is and started buying titles before he bought a player; I'm doing the same.

Rocky, T Nights, WTC, Into The Blue, Kingdom of Heaven, Black Hawk Down, Underworld 2, Superman Returns, Invincible, Full Metal Jacket, MI:3, Enemy of the State, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

Bung!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
    One way they could unwind is to watch a movie. But that will just remind them of HD DVDs superiority
    Not from where I'm standing.

High Def Digest (77HD/60BD), Home Theatre Spot (106HD/98BD) and DVD Talk (125HD/98BD) review comparison. Last updated 12.29.06
    Code:
    HD DVD	 PQ 	 SQ 	 TOTAL 		Blu-ray	 PQ 	 SQ 	 TOTAL 
    HighDef	 3.90 	 3.68 	 3.79 		HighDef	 3.91 	 3.81 	 3.86 
    HTSpot	 4.02 	 3.92 	 3.97 		HTSpot	 3.78 	 4.18 	 3.98 
    DVDTalk	 3.68 	 3.51 	 3.59 		DVDTalk	 3.40 	 3.66 	 3.53 
    Totals	 3.85 	 3.69 	 3.77 		Totals	 3.66 	 3.90 	 3.78 
    HD DVD is ahead in PQ with 3.85 to 3.66
    Blu-Ray is ahead in SQ with 3.90 to 3.69

I don't know where your standing, but if you open your eyes you'll see the difference
    HD DVD = 10 movies
    Blu Ray= 0

...and I have to import all movies since I live in a latin American Country.
    Last edited by divian; 12-29-2006 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD View Post
    HD DVD is ahead in PQ with 3.85 to 3.66
    Blu-Ray is ahead in SQ with 3.90 to 3.69

I don't know where your standing, but if you open your eyes you'll see the difference

Doby's post and this post just show that the formats are virtually identical. If anyone claims they can see a .19 difference in picture quality or hear a .31 difference in sound quality they are crazy.

I know we all love are numbers but to me these just show the formats are equal in quality.