miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

Default The Star Wars Saga: Introducing Machete Order

Not much smackdown in this thread, besides the order in what you guys think to watch the movies... I have a almost 2 year old, and 7 week old boy. I think I'm going to have them watch it this way, in this order. But I still think I'm going to include Episode 1. I really dig the cliff hangar idea of leaving off at Episode 5.

http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=6834.0

project-blu is offline Former Member
    I'm not here. I'm elsewhere. Don't celebrate, I'm not dead yet.

i don't know how to broach this myself, since there's no way to get to episode 3 without having to view episode 2. you can't view the clone wars (hand drawn or cg) in its place.

cutting out episode 1 leaves a few problems: 1- why Nute Gunray wants to kill Amidala so bad. 2- why Anakin and Padme go to Naboo OR Tatooine. 3- the prophecy and the allusions to it in E2 and E3 are somewhat nonsensical without the origin of them.

ya, i won't be skipping TPM... i'm one of the few and can sit and watch it. i don't mind it.

Plissken99 is online now Member

Personally I think this idea is a stroke of brilliance. The Nute Gunray thing is a moot point, I vaguely recall the name, and couldn't pick the character out of a line up to save my soul right now. Why they go to Naboo is because it's one of their ideas for a safe place(which is retarded since if I were looking to assassinate someone the 1st place I'd check is their home world), and Tatooine because his mother was in trouble, and we've already established Anakin is "that little boy from Tatooine".

I have a Nephew who will be 5 this April, he's already seen Episode one, but a while back, and I'd bet all he remembers is the pod race since he watched that bit over a few time(ugg kids). If we waited a year I doubt he'd even make the connection(hard to get him to sit still during a movie). I'll try and talk my brother into this(who is a bigger SW guy than me), because it really sounds excellent. Next time I go though these I'll be watching in that order for sure! LOL the thought of skipping Episode One makes me smile.
    HT gear: JVC X550r 3D projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo BDP-103(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

There's an edit that I've wanted to see, which was made by Topher Grace. It condensed the prequel trilogy down into a single 85-minute movie.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/topher-grac...5minute-movie/

What makes it sound interesting is how much material, which was central to each movie, is actually unimportant when it comes to advancing the important story of the prequels.

out of curiosity .... has anyone watched it like this lately?