Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
    chipvideo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by towergrove View Post
    Me too Chip. He is usually busy around CEDIA but I'm worried that he won't be back.
    There has to be somone on the internet that knows him personally that could shed some light if he is ok.

h0mi is online now Member

He's posted at dvdtalk a few times so he hasn't completely disappeared from the planet.

Last post of his was 8/21 when he posted this

towergrove is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by h0mi View Post
    He's posted at dvdtalk a few times so he hasn't completely disappeared from the planet.

Last post of his was 8/21 when he posted this

Isn't that a post by Sub-zero? The graphic is from Home Media Magazine.
    Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a ladyÖ Now that's a matter of choice.

h0mi is online now Member

Sub Zero = Kosty

(edit) It appears I mistook Sub zero for blueshadow. "Whoops".
    Last edited by h0mi; 09-20-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Several months ago Kosty had a severe infection that hospitalized him. It could be that it has reoccurred. Lets hope nothing bad has happened to him and he can continue on with his life.

Malanthius is offline Member

Wendell, it looks like our worst fears may have come true. It's looking like we may have lost Kosty. Thanks to Gizmo for posting some info over at highdefforums. I don't have the link but it looks like Kosty may have passed on sept 5th from an unknown illness. . Thought you guys here might want to know. Looks like Gizmo may be getting something together if anyone wants to participate.

Mal.
    Roku2, Roku3, Samsung 1600, Insignia BR W/Netflix!
    = 70

silverado is offline Member

Yes Mal, it does look like Kosty has passed away. On Sept 2, but it still has not been confirmed.
    At HDF under subforum High Definition Media, Giz has a thread that has all the details.

Damn......

I'm very sad to hear this news. Even though I only occasionally posted here, I avidly read Kosty's posts. He had a sharp, analytical mind, and I appreciated the way he used data to make his points. And even when things got heated, he remained polite while standing his ground. The Internet would be a better place if there were more Kostys, and we're all poorer for losing him. My sympathies go out to his family.

Bishop_99 is offline Member

I'm shocked by the news. It truly is sad that he passed away at such a young age. I only knew him through the forums, but he was always a very helpful person with any details needed. I'm sad to see that he passed away. My prayers go out to his family.

ack_bak is offline Member

Wow. I rarely check this forum anymore but I had suspected something bad happened to Kosty for sometime now. This is truly tragic and he was a veteran who served this country and has always been nothing but a true gentleman to the forums and those that knew him. He will truly be missed. Somewhere I just know Kosty is watching a Blu-Ray or HD DVD right now in some heavenly home theater system and is still tracking the sales numbers with a positive smile

Kosty, you will be missed my friend and I truly wish your family peace and happiness. You must be a missed very much.

Life is short. For some of us, far shorter than it should be..

Mike171979 is offline Member

This is sad news, I'm very sorry to hear about his passing, all I can do is give my sincerest condolences to his family. He will be greatly missed.
    [SIZE="2"] = 825

55" Panny ST-30 Plasma and
    Panny DMP-BDT360
    Marantz SR6008
    Polk Mains, Center, and Surrounds
    BIC Acoustech PL-200 Subwoofer

Sbert is offline Member

I'll see him later in the house of our lord. I'm sure. This is but a stop gap...
    Cheers to the ever positive Kosty, may you find peace and happiness in the heavens above.
    Kosty's Obituary
    Kosty's Guestbook
    Kosty's HiDefForum Memorial Thread
    Hidefdigest Zyber Blog

chipvideo is offline Member

May you rest in peace Kosty.

Ray Von is offline Member

This is indeed very sad.

The admin at HDF has very kindly extended the guestbook for Kosty at Legacy.com - anyone who wants to pay their respects to Kosty and his family could do so there.

Ray Von

AV_Integrated is offline Forum Member Moderator

It is a shame that this has happened. Kosty was not always loved here, but I think that he brought a certain amount of determined affection to these forums that a lot of people respected and many admired. His weekly charts (CHARTS!!!) were often times amusing to read as he made his case for sales using them over and over again. Impossible to read through almost any thread without one of those charts showing up.

His absence here will be felt by many, myself included.

May he rest in peace.
    AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology consultation during the build and installation process in the Washington DC, Northern VA, and MD area.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast