Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lee Stewart is offline Formerly "HDTV Addict"

Quote Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
    I don't know who is really asking for HD resolution for their 10 inch car screens. The point is that it isn't the "same story" of DVD being good enough, as there are far more people who find DVD good enough for a 10 inch screen than for their big-screen HDTV at home.
    How about just an in-car dash BD player with standard resolution screens so you can take your BDs on the road with you. But that doesn't exist according to Tom Arnold.

cakefoo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post
    How about just an in-car dash BD player with standard resolution screens so you can take your BDs on the road with you. But that doesn't exist according to Tom Arnold.
    I'm not here to debate that. I'm here to point out that there are plenty of people who think DVD is insufficient for the home, and therefore car players and home players are not on the same page. Since you have moved on, I will count this as admitting I have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post
    I'm not here to debate that. I'm here to point out that there are plenty of people who think DVD is insufficient for the home, and therefore car players and home players are not on the same page. Since you have moved on, I will count this as admitting I have a point.
    But I haven't moved on. I'm right here. All you are doing is moving the goal posts to suit your argument. Stay on topic . . in-car BD players. Of course if you can't do that then I will have to count that as admitting that Tom has a very valid point:

We are being told Blu-ray Disc is the format of the present, and that DVD is obsolete. And yet we still canít buy a Blu-ray Disc player for the car; if we want to keep the kids happy during a long road trip, we need to take a step back in time and buy a DVD player.

h0mi is offline Member

How big is the "in car video" market? How many dvd players were sold? That might shed some light.

Quote Originally Posted by h0mi View Post
    How big is the "in car video" market? How many dvd players were sold? That might shed some light.
    Can you offer any stats or sales data?

GizmoDVD is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by h0mi View Post
    Who knows. All the guys here played it up to be huge when the Combo packs came out. Now...who cares. LMAO.

Sbert is offline Member

According to Tom Arnold - there aren't. That was the point of his editorial.
    Yeah, I know. I was just expanding on my experiences in regards to that.
    Cheers to the ever positive Kosty, may you find peace and happiness in the heavens above.
    Kosty's Obituary
    Kosty's Guestbook
    Kosty's HiDefForum Memorial Thread
    Hidefdigest Zyber Blog

h0mi is offline Member

Can you offer any stats or sales data?
    No, hence the question.

kimike2 is offline Member

You got pics of your headrest car dvd player? What kind of dvd you've got? I just bought two 9 inch with Android 2.3 Tablet PC and Car Multimedia System headrest car dvd. They just like tablet pc. Bought from justcardvd. I've bought 3 car dvd there, 1 overhead car dvd, 2 headrest car dvd. All good and went well with my cars.

Ruby1218 is offline Member

I think i don't know about this but i like this

Don't know about other brands and models but I know the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country Limited comes standard with a Blu-ray, DVD and CD player. Single disc only, no option for a changer.

ChrisMoreno is offline Member

i am looking forward to a suitable one for me and hoping to get some apt suggestions in this regard from the fellow members on the board .. and i say a big HELLO to all

JesseD is offline Member

Because even car manufacturers are selling the ability to mount iPads (tablets) to seats instead of screens. That's the end result of Blu-Ray / digital copy discs. My kids have a reasonably high def display in their hands (iPads), in otterboxes, and every disney disc we bought has had digital copy. The kids watch the discs on the big screen (65" TV) and their iPads in the car, plane, et al.

Is that "bad" for Blu-Ray? Not really, you still have to buy the BD to get the digital copy.

silverado is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by JesseD View Post

Is that "bad" for Blu-Ray? Not really, you still have to buy the BD to get the digital copy.
    No you don't. growth of Digital outperforms Blu ray so the two are not binding at all.

Diablo is offline Member

Blue-Ray player is standard on 2015 Cadillac Escalade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12