Default Who owns blu-ray?

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I really want to know. Some people say Sony, some say Sony and Phillips and some say a mix of different companies. I'd like to know the truth please.
    I can give you this much--I'm pretty sure Blu-ray owns me.
    http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en.html

Welcome to the Blu-ray Disc Association

This is the official web site of the Blu-ray Disc Association, the group of companies dedicated to developing and promoting the Blu-ray Disc format.

Post Who own blu-ray

Also the announcement of the first meeting of the Blu-ray Disc Patent holders:

First Meeting of Blu-ray DiscTM Patent Holders Held
    Progress Made, Input Welcomed in Creation of Joint Patent License
    (Denver, Colorado USA 20 July 2006) MPEG LA announced today that the first meeting of essential
    Blu-ray DiscTM patent owners, consisting of 17 companies, was held in Los Angeles on July 6-7 for the
    purpose of creating a joint license providing fair, reasonable, non-discriminatory access to essential
    patents, as an alternative to negotiating separate licenses. Participating companies included:
    CyberLink Corporation
    Dell Inc.
    Hewlett-Packard Company
    Hitachi Ltd.
    Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.
    LG Electronics Inc.
    Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (Panasonic)
    Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
    Pioneer Corporation
    Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
    Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
    Sharp Corporation
    Sony Corporation
    TDK Corporation
    Victor Company of Japan, Ltd.
    Warner Home Video Inc.
    - credit to Lee Stewart
    It's worth noting that Panasonic holds the most patents in the technology at this time, and it appears that the BDA will adopt Panasonics 3D Blu-ray model, so Panasonic will likely hold more patents in the technology still.

Sony holds the most patents related to the disc design structure which potentially will garner them the highest profits on the technology. Where Panasonic gets paid for every player sold, Sony gets paid for every disc produced. Per unit they get less, but overall they will get more.

At least, this is my understanding after following BD for years.

There are other players in BD as well, for sure, but I'm not sure if any come as close as Panasonic or Sony for patents in the technology.