Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Time for some rules
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM #1
Time for some rules
Anarchy was nice while it lasted, but several of you have suggested we institute some rules. If you break these rules, you can expect our moderators to take action (scroll to the bottom of this message for instructions on how to report posts that violate our rules).
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, HATE SPEECH, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.
(2) No FORMAT BASHING allowed, except in the HD DVD vs Blu-ray Smackdown forum, which has its own set of additional rules.
(3) Each of our topic-specific boards are intended as a place for substantive discussion of that topic. No OFF-TOPIC posting (including "joke threads") are allowed. If the topic of your thread doesn't fit one of our existing topic areas, you can post it to our "Water Cooler" forum, where nothing is off-topic.
(4) No THREAD HIJACKING. Start another thread if you have a different topic.
(5) No SPAMMING. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator, and the poster will be banned from posting other messages on our forums.
(6) No CURSING in the thread title. It is permitted in the thread body, but please refrain from using excessive profanity.
(7) No BOMBING forums or threads with pointless posts.
(8) No SHOUTING (Posting in all capital letters) Itís hard to read and just plain rude and annoying.
(9) No LINKING or POSTING of pornographic or NSFW material.
(10) Do not post PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members.
(11) Do not IMPERSONATE other individuals or falsely represent yourself. You are only allowed one user name in our forums.
(12) POST to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic being presented. Threads incorrectly placed will be moved or closed.
(13) Do not post MATERIAL where you do not have permission to distribute it electronically or otherwise. This includes posting images directly from a website (Bandwidth Theft) Images are to be hosted personally or by a third party host.
(14) Observe all COPYRIGHT LAWS, TOS's and NDA's when posting copyrighted material. If the material belongs to someone else, credit the original author. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement).
(15) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the Disc Exchange areas. High-Def Digest is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the Disc Exchange forum areas. Caveat Emptor!!
(16) Posting is to be in ENGLISH only. Non-English posts will be closed or removed.
(17) Attacks on a poster's SPELLING, GRAMMAR and/or READING ABILITIES are strictly prohibited. Please respect that while English is the only language allowed on this forum, it is not the first language of all our members.
(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.
(19) ADVERTISING, site pimping, contests or any type of business promotion is not permitted. Soliciting for fraternal organizations, humanitarian causes or personal rewards is prohibited unless approved prior to posting.
(20) Do not abuse BB CODE. It is provided as a benefit to you and its usage can be revoked.
(21) No active graphics, code, format-bashing, profanity or advertising allowed in the SIGNATURE. Sig line is limited to 10 lines total as viewed @ 800 x 600 resolution or no more that 15 words per line.
(22) Any discussion of AD BLOCKING software or instruction for using ad blocking regarding this forum or any other discussion in general of attempting to block advertisement will result in a no questions asked permanent ban on your account. This is not done lightly, rather deliberately to deny access to those who choose to utilize this forum, but not support our sponsors. It takes money to finance the cost of bandwidth, especially a forum of this size and if you don't care enough to support us through our advertisers, then we don't need your business. This will be the only warning with no discussion.
(23) You must respect forum MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATORS and are bound to follow their directions and instructions. Our crew of moderators is a mix of format-supporters from both sides, as well as some dual format supporters. While some of our mods are outspoken about their individual format support on the open boards, each has pledged to set aside any personal biases when it comes to serving their roles as mods, and having members from all sides helps provide us with a system of checks and balances behind the scenes. If you ever suspect a moderator of been biased in their mod duties, please report them (provide examples) and we will investigate. DO NOT under any circumstances personally attack a mod or challenge their moderation decisions on the open boards.
(24) You are allowed one signature per post. A signature section is supplied for that usage. No one wants to see your name on your posts multiple times as it is annoying.
It is currently against the rules for members of this site to misrepresent themselves as another member. We are making changes to our discipline policy to ensure that this does not become a problem.
General Forum Content: If a member is caught misrepresenting themselves as another poster (a sock-puppet), depending on the circumstances, he/she will be punished up to and including being permamanently banned.
This offense includes:
- Creating multiple accounts to make it appear that more people share your point of view.
- Creating a second... third... or more account to avoid receiving multiple infraction points.
- Smackdown Area: Using a sock-puppet in the smackdown area, simply as a means to break the 'Smackdown Area Specific Rules' (attacking other members intentionally).
(26)No more 'Baiting':
All members are free to express their opinion on these boards, and others have a right to disagree. The line is crossed when one member insults another member (intentionally or unintentionally) by posting things like "that post is garbage"... or "what the hell were you thinking".
If you disagree with another person's post, refute it with facts. If you don't like the way they type up their thoughts, don't read them. If you think someone has their head in a dark smelly place, avoid them at all costs.
We are making a change to the way that we handle this issue. Now, not only will members who post directed attacks (any post directed at a person, or group) receive an infraction, so will members who are intentionally baiting them. These 'baiters' are not providing anything to the forums, and are just causing problems.
(27) *NEW* No 'Necro-threading':
Some of you may ask, "What is 'necro-threading, and how do I know if I am doing it?" Well, here is a brief rundown.
Any post, that is made in a 'dead thread' (a thread that has gone without a new post for 1 month or more), with the intent of starting the argument up again, will receive an infraction. There will be no warnings for this, because THIS is your warning. DO NOT use this as a way to flame other members of this site.
(28) *NEW* Affliliate Links
Posting of affiliate links, redirects or links that generate revenue is prohibited. Signatures may include one link to the user's own site.
(29) *NEW* Spoilers
Except when posting in a thread clearly marked as containing "spoilers," you must use spoiler tags when discussing plots twists of story points in a movie or video game.
Breaking any of the above listed forum rules can result in the loss of posting privileges and possible loss of your forum account. High-Def Digest also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason.
Moderators and Administrators will review forum messages for those that are in violation of High-Def Digest's rules. Any messages found to be in violation will be deleted without warning or explanation.
High-Def Digest reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, move or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
All messages posted become the property of High-Def Digest.
High-Def Digest and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the High-Def Digest Forums, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information.
High-Def Digest takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the High-Def Digest Forums nor for the authenticity of its authors.
All opinions and views expressed in the High-Def Digest are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of High-Def Digest, Internet Brands, Inc. or its representatives.
High-Def Digest reserves the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice.
It is the responsibility of the forum member to check this page on a regular basis for any revisions in High-Def Digest Forums rules before making any posts to the forum.
By posting to the High-Def Digest Forums, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.
If you see posted content that breaks either these general rules of our forum or the Smackdown-specific rules, you can easily report it by clicking the "" button that appears above each post. Your report will then be sent to the appropriate mod.
Last edited by Geonosis; 07-17-2009 at 01:44 AM.