Closed Thread 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last>>

Thread: Chiller HD

Default Chiller HD

I have directv and am getting the HD package installed, but was wondering; what's the status of Chiller HD? Everywhere I look it says Chiller SD and HD will be available later 2007 (HD). Even the pres release from DTV said late 2007. It's now April 2008 and when I call Directv they have no idea what Chiller HD even is, they keep giving me info for the SD Chiller. I want to see all my favorite classic horror movies in HD. Anyone have any insight on this?
    The only insight I have is that my friend has Chiller and I wasn't very impressed with it due to the fact it wasn't commercial free, but I guess it's better than no horror at all.
    PS3 60 Gig
    Panasonic TC-P60S60
    Directv Genie
    I really liked it, but now they seemed to have put the 'new' classics at unwatchable times. Friday the 13th I think runs during the day when I'm at work, Freddy's Nightmares runs at 8 Sundays. It's the only channel like that though, so I am real interested in knowing when the HD version is out.
    I wish they carried this on comcast since I saw they were showing Freaky Links but they don't.

But I did find a torrent for it and I'm a little bit past the half way mark. Of course if Fox would release it on some sort of dvd I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now.
    add-on.
    Lg-BH200
    Hi-Def Movie Collection
    Well once again the DirecTV installers are late. Last time they were 2.5 hours late, now so far, they are 48 minutes late.
    I have DirectTV and I get Chiller in SD. The picture quality isn't great but it's ok. I haven't heard that it's available in HD until I saw this thread. I know DirectTV doesn't have the HD version.

I do love this channel though and use my DVR to record programs while I'm at work or doing other stuff.

If anyone hears that Chiller becomes available in HD please let us know as I will be one of the first to get it.
    Wow, you actually found Freaky Links online? I have been looking for that for ages. I gotta start looking again.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyHauler View Post
    I wish they carried this on comcast since I saw they were showing Freaky Links but they don't.

But I did find a torrent for it and I'm a little bit past the half way mark. Of course if Fox would release it on some sort of dvd I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now.
    Sharp Aquos 52" LCD TV
    Sony STR-DH810 Receiver
    Yamaha 5.1 Speakers
    LG BH100
    Pioneeer CLD-D703 Laserdisc Player
    Xbox 360
    PS3
    HTPC w/ HD DVD & Blu-ray
    I like the Chiller channel, especially on Friday Horror Classics. It does look pretty crappy on SD so I hope they come up with HD soon.
    Hitachi 42" Plasma HDTV. Model #:P42H401 & Samsung 46 LCD
    Elite
    PS3 40 GB
    Toshiba A3 HD-DVD
    SD DVD's-300+
    -102 Last watched-Dead Silence
    -50Last watched- Zombieland
    Quote Originally Posted by AllSport11 View Post
    Wow, you actually found Freaky Links online? I have been looking for that for ages. I gotta start looking again.
    The last 7.5% is killing me but I'm almost done.
    add-on.
    Lg-BH200
    Hi-Def Movie Collection
    Well I contacted DirecTV and read them their press release stating that they will carry Chiller HD by end-of-year 2007. They still have no idea about it, they were able to find that Universal HD does carry some Chiller shows in HD, mostly movies though, and for short periods. Otherwise, no news on a full blown Chiller HD channel.
    If you are interested in Horror movies in HD you might try Monsters HD on Dish Network. The movies are shown uncut and commercial free!
    I love Monsters HD, just wish they would add some new movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknotfan View Post
    If you are interested in Horror movies in HD you might try Monsters HD on Dish Network. The movies are shown uncut and commercial free!
    Unfortunately I just got my HD DVR, which makes me locked to DirecTV until April 2010.
    So now I hear Oct. 08 for Chiller HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfocussvt View Post
    So now I hear Oct. 08 for Chiller HD.
    Well October isn't that long a wait ... the channel is sure worth it in HD. < Crossing fingers for Oct 8th >