View Poll Results: Which HD Service is the best?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cable

19 20.88%
  • Dish

30 32.97%
  • Direct TV

37 40.66%
  • Other

5 5.49%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last>>

Default What is the BEST HD Service? Dish, Cable, or Direct TV?

Hi, I recently went all HDTVs in my House with the Newest edition, my Samsung 1080p LCD 52" HDTV...
    I have had cable for the past 6 years and have been happy with it and am now ready to move into the HD realm...
    the thing is, i have NOO clue what service I should go with. I want the best picture possible,, because the only HD channels I would really want to watch is my local channels, Sports, and Cinemax HD...So i really dont care about amount as long as those are included.
    Thanks for the consolation..
    Ben.
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.
    I picked cable since I live in FL and when it downpours and it usually does every day. The satelite signal goes out and you just get a black screen. If you dont live in a place that has alot of downpours I would probably say dish then since they have the most channels.
    Hope this helps.
    Mischa.
    Xbox 360 & Playstation Network Gamer Tag mischa316
    Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD Player. HD DVD Disks 21.
    Magnavox Blu Ray Player & 80GB PS3 Blu Rays 30.
    42" Philips 1080i w/Ambilight Plasma TV.
    Philips FR 968 Receiver.
    I have Dish and absolutely love it. They have the most HD channels and are adding more all the time.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    My HD list.
    Depends on your cable provider. They may be working on expanding HD selection bigtime very soon, or it might be years off still.
    I think I'm looking at 2009 for my provider to start with SDV.
    I would say OTA or Verizon FiOS right now. Maybe once Direct actually fires up those new channels, they will be #1.

I really hated the new FiOS DVR, so I dropped them, even though the HD picture quality was great!

-John
    I've had dish network and Charter cable. Charters picture is better in my opinion. As far as quality is considered I picked cable and voted for cable. If amount of channels or customer service means anything to you then go Dish. (I've never had Direct so can't comment on them either way). I will say that Dish's picture wasn't that far off and wasn't enough to deter me from enjoying their signal.
    I picked DISH for several reasons. One was the FREE HD dvr (instead of $200 from Direct). Another was the ability to use an external hard drive to expand the space of the dvr (HD takes alot of space on those). The third was they were adding channels faster than directv. I'd had some channels that Direct is only now adding. Dish says they will continue to make sure they provide the most HD channels. Plus, their customer service is awesome, never any really long wait, good people whenever you call, and an excellent broadcast signal. I also love the channel MONSTERS HD, which is exclusive to Dish (they have the VOOM channels, which was a former sat.broadcaster that had their own hd channels, and Dish bought them). Monsters HD shows movies 24/7 in hd (about 70% in true hd) like the old Universal horror, Friday the 13th, Exorcist, Sinbad,ect). They also have Film Festival HD..great for movie classics like Exodus,ect.

Of course that's their HD stuff. On the regular channel side, pretty much the same on Directv and Dish.
    thanks for all the help..I think I will be going with DISHHD
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.
    fios is cheap like sattellite and here in philadelphia i can actually watch basebal, hockey, and basketball on my local comcast sportsnet on there. dish has all of them except philadelphia and no way i'm paying 75 dollars a month for cable without any premiums... i mean they have it for 33 a month with the triple play but its over after 10 months.
    no signature pics allowed here? = lame
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
    thanks for all the help..I think I will be going with DISHHD
    Good choice. Enjoy.
    My HD list.
    Thumbs up for Dish HD
    PS3 60 Gig
    Panasonic TC-P60S60
    Directv Genie
    DirecTV is looking really good right about now...
    I've got two Dish HDDVRs that control my 4 TVs and I can watch something different on each or watch a recording on two at a time at different times or different recordings.I can even get picture in picture. It's amazing! We don't watch live TV anymore!
    If Direct TV doesn't have dual tuners in its DVRs, don't bother calling them. Dish Network Rocks!!
    My Theater:
    Panasonic AE4000U Projector, 100" Elite Screen, Onkyo TX-SR606 Reciever, Klipsch Synergy F1 Towers, C1 Center speaker with B1 bookshelf Surrounds, 2 Boston Acoustics 12" Subs, 1 KLH 10" sub behind my chair (don't knock it till you try it!)
    Sony PS3 60g, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung BD-UP5000, Sony 400 disc BDP-CX960 Blu-Ray changer
    Quote Originally Posted by bujee1 View Post
    Dish Network Rocks!!
    I couldn't have said it better.
    My HD list.
    Quote Originally Posted by bujee1 View Post
    If Direct TV doesn't have dual tuners in its DVRs, don't bother calling them.
    They do have dual tuners.
    - cardpetree
    - cardpetree

I Love It All!

Louisville Cardinals Basketball 2013 National Champions!