Page 2 of 2 << First 1 2

Thread: P2

hmm...I just paid $16 shipped on ebay for p2...I did not see it on Amazon...so how did this title come out all the sudden? I did some research and it was released (officially or unofficially) in Oct. last year? How is that possible when the HD DVD format was dead if this is an official release?
    Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    hmm...I just paid $16 shipped on ebay for p2...I did not see it on Amazon...so how did this title come out all the sudden? I did some research and it was released (officially or unofficially) in Oct. last year? How is that possible when the HD DVD format was dead if this is an official release?
    The open theory is that it was printed and sat on until someone just decided to leak it to an online store (who then sold it). It never hit Amazon at all.

A couple were "leaked" onto Ebay, originally going for VERY high prices.
    Spoiler:

SD DVDs owned: 700+ (includes R1, R2UK, R2J, R3K, all RETAIL)
    owned: 88(Newest = BSG Season 1); on the way (ordered): 0
    owned: 295 (Newest = Rock and Rule), On the way (ordered): 0, Pre-Ordered: 1
    Players used: Venture SDH7000, Xbox 360 Add-on, 250gb
    Ebay Feedback,Cheapassgamer feedback,HD-DVD Collection,Blu Collection,HD-DVD Wishlist,Blu Wishlist
    Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    No, the DVD release date was April 8, 2008, so the HD DVD was probably scheduled day & date. The order was probably already placed & in production when Toshiba threw in the towel, so there was no retail distribution available. They sat until DVA bought up the whole lot, which was around 4,000. Their retail site is DVAspecial.com. They're asking $21.99 for 1-4 copies, $14.00 + shipping if you buy 5+. They have various sales, and also have been selling lots of 25 on Liguidation.com. So folks selling them on eBay are probably buying lots of them; I was selling copies here a few weeks back from a lot of 25 I bought (all mine are sold out). It didn't make it to Amazon, but I do see in Amazon's listing for the DVD someone is trying to sell an HD DVD as "Collectable" for $49.95 - that's against Amazon MarketPlace Seller rules, an item listed has to match the UPC code listing exactly.
    Once again, I bought mine from an Amazon Marketplace seller last week, but I re-checked the price, and it was $11.48 shipped. Amazon did not have an official listing for it though.

Looks like the lowest priced one on the Marketplace now is $16.99 + shipping.