Thread: 300 error code

Default 300 error code

I know this has been discussed many times before but I just got 300 as part of the BOGO and when I played it I get an error code that has been reported many times before and the movie is unplayable after that point. I have an HD-A2 with all of the available firmware updates. Is this still a problem people are having despite the firmware updates? Is it a disc specific issue that will be resolved if I just replace the disc? And will BB exchange an opened disc that I tell them doesn't work? I had been having such great luck so far after going a whole year with not a single disc having playback problems prior to this.
    Best Buy will defiantly allow you to exchange it for the same item.

Make sure you have "initialized" your firmware updates. I honestly just realized I had to do this to complete the firmware update process.
    Blu-ray - 36 + Band of Brothers

Video - 47" LG 1080P 120hz
    Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-S350
    Reciever- Onkyo TX-SR606
    Speakers- Polk Audio RM6880 5.1
    Gaming - XBOX 360 Premium

XBL/PSN - Giantfoot08
    Only disc I ever had that was somewhat unplayable was Hot Fuzz. Every now and then it wouldn't start up but after a firmware update a few days after its release it was fine. I never had a problem with 300 at all.
    Blu-rays: 104
    3 Recent Purchases: The Professional, Magnolia, Inglourious Basterds
    Favorite Blu-ray: The Dark Knight, The Nightmare Before Christmas
    HD DVDs: 51
    Favorite HD DVD: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    120gb Xbox Live (Last Purchase: BFBC2): WinterShrinkage
    500gb PS3 PSN (Last Purchase: FFXIII): MinimumWageNinja
    Netflix Streamer
    Is there something I need to do to intialize my firmware update? what do I need to do. This is the first problem I have had so even though I have upgraded with every firmware upgrade I guess I would never realize if I hadn't initialized it or not since I never had any problems.
    I do my firmware updates via ethernet, and once it is done, the A2 will power off letting you know that it is complete. Once you turn it back on, you are good to go.

I am not sure if there is a different process when using the update discs.
    Samsung 59D550C1F - 3D
    Sony BDP-S480 - 3D
    Denon AVR-391
    Bose Acoustimass 5.1
    Harmony ONE

2011 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight - Hardtailed, Sedona Orange

Gamertag: Prowler15
    Owner/Founder of StryperForum.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RichGardner View Post
    I do my firmware updates via ethernet, and once it is done, the A2 will power off letting you know that it is complete. Once you turn it back on, you are good to go.

I am not sure if there is a different process when using the update discs.
    Are we sure about this? I read in the Guide for Firmware Updates that you need to intialize after updating. I was having trouble playing Bourne Ultimatum, and once I initalized, the disc worked fine. To intialize, you go under "Maintenance" and it will be under there.

Edit - I also update my firmware through ethernet.
    Blu-ray - 36 + Band of Brothers

Video - 47" LG 1080P 120hz
    Blu-ray Player - Sony BDP-S350
    Reciever- Onkyo TX-SR606
    Speakers- Polk Audio RM6880 5.1
    Gaming - XBOX 360 Premium

XBL/PSN - Giantfoot08
    Try deleting items in your persistant storage - also list the error code - that would help diagnose your issue.

BB will replace the disk without problems as long as it's within the 30 days - if you have the issue on the new disk it's your player. I did the same thing on my Bourne disk - they replaced it same problem. Deleted persistant storage no more problem.