socalemc is offline Member

hd dvd Any interest in a new HD-DVD Release?

Hello to all! Question for the forum:

Is there interest in a (very) short run of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (2017) on HD-DVD?

The movie has Oscar winners Mickey Rooney (in his final role), Margaret O'Brien (Meet Me in St. Louis), Vernon Wells (The Road Warrior), William McNamara (Copycat, Stealing Home) and others. It's a faithful retelling of the classic novella.

I did a short run of indie films on HD-DVD a few years back to mixed results (I think primarily because some had to be up-sampled to fit the format and weren't HD quality to begin with). And just to clarify, not bootlegs, all licensed or produced by my company.

However, Jekyll and Hyde was shot in 4K, and it is coming soon to VOD, BluRay and DVD. I still have around 75 blank HD-DVD discs and the equipment to manufacture and package them.

It's a long and slow process so I'm trying to gauge interest before I do anything. It'd be great to get some input. Thanks!
    Last edited by socalemc; 02-18-2017 at 12:42 AM.

zelda_n64 is offline Member

Default Indeed from me

It's a big yes from me, but I had already mentioned that 👍

A potential new red in 2017, we have to celebrate 📀

cupboy is online now Member

I would if it is a real HD DVD and not a computer-recorded disk but since it is a computer-recorded I would probably not be interested.

buddytruffles is offline Member

Count me in

RobG is online now Member

I MIGHT be interested, as long as there are English subtitles. Depends on the price, too.
    Rob

Panasonic 58" V10
    Toshiba XA2
    OPPO UPD-203
    DVD - 489

English subtitles will be included.

Limited Edition run will be 2-Disc set (HD-DVD 3X and DVD) would be $35 with shipping and tax (in the US). 100 unit run, hand numbered, shrink wrapped, security strip. HD-DVD is the movie, no menus. DVD has menus, movie, bonus documentary.

There will also be a 45 unit Collector's Edition run - 3 disc set (HD-DVD 3x, HD-DVD (R), DVD; signed and numbered units; 3 framed photos (including an unreleased picture of Mickey Rooney on set with Margaret O'Brien); Digital downloads of Annotated Screenplay and Official study guide (still accessible even if package remains sealed).

Here's what has been put together for anyone interested. All discs are tested, packaging is shrink wrap with security strip, to insure collectibllity for anyone who chooses to keep it sealed. Thanks and hope you enjoy the movie! http://www.koaalohamedia.com/store-2/

digitalbabe is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by socalemc View Post
    Here's what has been put together for anyone interested. All discs are tested, packaging is shrink wrap with security strip, to insure collectibllity for anyone who chooses to keep it sealed. Thanks and hope you enjoy the movie! http://www.koaalohamedia.com/store-2/
    Just ordered the coll ed. Thanks for making this project possible,and good luck with future success!
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Digitalbabe's Woman Cave:
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

560+ |600+
    Onkyo 805|A35|A2|XA2|LG BH200|PS3|Oppo Darbee| Hitachi Projector
    Panasonic 42 & 60" Plasma|Paradigm

HD DVD Social Group

cupboy is online now Member

Interesting how if you click on that link in Firefox the web page is mostly blank on the left side. It displays normally in Chrome though. I wonder what sort of odd technology was used to create the page.

Noibeli is offline Member

A simple "no" from me.

bruceames is offline Member

Like Noibeli, I'm no longer interested in HD DVDs that were created after 2008. I've bought most of those offered thus far, like Aaron's House and Deadlands. I'm glad I supported them at the time but my interest in those types of releases has completely disappeared. Still am just as interested as ever though in any undiscovered HD DVDs from it's colorful past or anything I don't yet have. Good luck on your project.

cuz8190 is offline Member

I would be interested in the collector's edition

usmc30273 is offline Member

They all scooped up already?