Closed Thread 
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... Last>>

Default Deadlands 1 HD DVD Project - UPDATED - See latest post 11/21/2010

UPDATED - 12/10/2010

DEADLANDS: THE RISING
    Back from the Grave Edition

Now available on Limited Edition HD DVD (500 Copies only), Gary Ugarek's original Zombie opus, makes it way
    over to the long defunct HD DVD Format to join its younger brother... Deadlands 2: Trapped.

This special edition release contains a modified artwork so those that own Deadlands 2: Trapped on HD DVD
    can just slip their disc into the case along with Deadlands 1 and have one keepsake of this very collectible item.

WHAT IS INCLUDED: - This is a 2 Disc Set Manufactured and Sold by WNWR Films

Disc #1: HD DVD-R 15gb Single Layer

Extended Version of the Movie with Alternate Ending
    Original Ending snippet
    Five Years Later: A Look Back
    Behind The Scenes: Talking Shop (On set with Brian Wright and Gary Ugarek)
    Behind The Scenes: Traffic Jam From Hell (A look at the filming if the films largest sequence)
    Behind The Scenes: When Zombies Attack (Gary Ugarek directs the dead)
    Original Deadlands: The Rising Full Length trailer...
    and more

Each Disc will contain a COA that numbers the disc between 1 and 500.

Visit the official website for more details, or make a post and I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

NOTE: ALL DEADLANDS 1 HD DVD SALES are only guaranteed to work in 2nd Generation Toshiba HD
    DVD PLAYERS at the time. (1st and 3rd generation support coming soon) Disc will work in all HD DVD
    Rom Drives (XBOX, Toshiba, HP etc)

2006/2008/2010/2011 WETNWILDRADIO FILMS, LLC

PLEASE NOTE: These Discs are HD DVD-R. Since HD DVD is a defunct format, no authoring or
    pressing facilities support HD DVD at this time. All discs are made on a first come first served basis
    and can take up to 14 days for shipping. Each Disc must be made one at a time, tested, and then
    packed for shipping. The authoring and writing process for each disc takes 1 hour and 22 minutes,
    so please be patient when awaiting the arrival of your order.

__________________________________________________ _________

Hey everyone,

I have worked day and night on this 3rd generation support issue and have only come up with one solution at the moment, and to be honest it is probably going to be our best bet.

I have authored and mastered the film as a 9gb HD DVD aka 3XDVD which uses 9gb DVD+R DL disc. I have uploaded a youtube video showing this working in an A30 Model player, and showing it loading as an HD DVD.

CLICK ME TO SEE 9gb HD DVD TEST

Now this is what I am going to do for all you 3rd generation support folks.

I will make 3 total disc

2 discs will be the 3XDVD 9gb HD DVD which will have all the features you would find on the 15gb version of the disc.
    As you can see from the test video these are HD DVD.

I will also include in the case the 15gb HD DVD Version, this way you get the same disc as everyone else, but you 3rd generation owners get to watch the movie. The content will be identical... Except it will take 2 9gb discs to fit everything. Plus you also get the single layer 15gb disc so your set is accurate.

All discs will contain the same artwork - 3rd generation discs will have a note on the artwork that say - USE For 3rd generation Unit playback (A3, A30, A35)

These 9gb discs also work in the 2nd Generation units.

If you order the film through the official website or eBay and are a 3rd generation player owner... PLEASE INCLUDE IT AS A NOTE WITH YOUR PURCHASE! Whether through eBay or the official website. I need to know the disc I am shipping you is either a single 15gb HD DVD for 2nd Generation support or a 3disc set for 3rd Generation support.

For the official website I will make a separate BUY IT NOW 3rd Generation disc support BUY NOW button, but still remember to include the note in your order, letting me know which 3rd generation model you have.

LINK TO BUY 3rd GENERATION DISC: CLICK ME TO BUY 3RD GENERATION DISC

Thanks

Gary
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 12-16-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: UPDATES
    My Next Film "All in the Game" starring Chris Clanton and Micaiah Jones from HBO's The Wire! www.allinthegamemovie.net NOW TAKING HD DVD and BLU-RAY Pre-Orders
    I am up for it (Aren't I always). And having Disc 1 of Deadlands 2 and Deadlands 1 is too much for me to pass on
    HD DVD list (updated 5-14-09)
    www.ormondconsulting.com/hd
    BD List Updated 4-16-2010
    www.ormondconsulting.com/bd

XBL Gamertag Tormond PSN Tormond
    LOL... wouldn't that be something... One thing is i won't be taking pre-orders until I have all my ducks lined up. When i have the masters done and the discs ready... I will then unleash the PRE-ORDER. i am going to try and front most of the costs and the rest should come through an indiegogo.com listing I launched. I am setting a tentative release date of January 17th 2011 to cover my ass... but I think it will be sooner (Late November, early December)

More details will come very very soon.
    My Next Film "All in the Game" starring Chris Clanton and Micaiah Jones from HBO's The Wire! www.allinthegamemovie.net NOW TAKING HD DVD and BLU-RAY Pre-Orders
    I'm in, No. 51 I have, and so looking forward to Deadlands 1 on HD DVD.
    Last edited by zelda_n64; 09-05-2010 at 03:28 PM.
    I'm in too.

I suppose you take international orders.
    Panasonic TX-P50VT20, Vantage HD 8000S, Onkyo TX-SR608, Toshiba HD-XE1, LG BH200, Panasonic DMP-BDT300EG
    HD : 283
    BD : 61
    Count me in aswell please! im on holiday from the the 14th till the 26th of september if you start taking orders than can you hold one aside for me and i can pay straight away when i get back??

thanks
    Viking61, the more the merrier, that's 4 now, not that I'm counting.
    Have a really great holiday!!!
    thanks dude, dont wanna miss out on this one like i did with deadlands 2.
    I;m in.

500 is a bit too much though. Look at Anthem who after 4-5 months still has 100 or so left. I guess if it's profit for you, there is no reason not to, but you might be sitting on some product for a long time. Personally I'd limit it to 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Budweiser_072000 View Post
    thanks dude, dont wanna miss out on this one like i did with deadlands 2.
    Deadlands 2 is still available from the company that did them originally, though some refuse to buy from them. They have a few left or did last week if you want one. Worth having the complete set.
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
    I;m in.

500 is a bit too much though. Look at Anthem who after 4-5 months still has 100 or so left. I guess if it's profit for you, there is no reason not to, but you might be sitting on some product for a long time. Personally I'd limit it to 250.
    true giz, but since it will be a 2 disc case i have to match the number of units out so people can toss away their Anthem case and art and just rest the disc right where it belongs in the dual case. So making 500 would be the right thing to do. Even if I sit on 100 units... they will get sold when people find out what I am about to launch.

Right now I am trying to get a template for the slip cover art.... Yes I want to do a slip cover for the HD DVD case... always bothered me we didn't do one... one of those things I love about new releases... although some titles didn't have them like Zombieland on BR had no slip case and that bummed me out... to me those signify you as a customer got a 1st run pressing as opposed to those without which signifies to me 2nd or 3rd run.
    Well, yeah, except not all 500 copies have been sold and not everyone who bought 1 of the 500 will even know Deadlands 1 HD DVD exists (or even want it). I'm just saying....

It's your money, so do what you want, but I just hate to think that you will sit on hundreds of these. At least start at small with a batch of 200 or so...or offer up discounts to those of us who bought Deadlands 2 on HD DVD and Blu-ray
    Well i suppose they will be very soon... when i found out there was 100 left I went wild on every site that has a thread about the HD DVD and posted a link and update. I am sure those 100 won't last too long. Have faith in me Giz... =)

If I am able to take a $6,000 zombie film and make it as known as it is... I know I can push 100 HD DVD's by saying one simple thing... (Way pay hundreds on eBay when you can get it for $30.00 =)
    Count me in for a copy.
    Video: 70" JVC HD-70G886, Denon 2807, Toshiba HD-A2, Toshiba BDX2000, aTV, SageTV
    Audio: Athena WS-100 (F), WS-60 (C,SL/R), WS-15 (SBL/R), AS-P4100
    The Nightman Cometh "You've got to pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole. You've got to pay the troll toll to get in!"