Default Price matching at BestBuy

Take your HDdvds (or receipts if you already bought your movies) to the customer service desk at BestBuy and ask them to check Target.com. They will sell you the HDdvd (or refund the difference) at Target's price plus 10% off for finding the deal. I just did this last night and saved a ton money that I used to buy more HDdvds!
    All the details can be found here:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?t...60&id=cat12098
    Exclusions:
    The Best Buy Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match.

What is considered a local retail competitor?
    A retail store located in the same market area as your local Best Buy store.

What is considered "proof" of price?
    If you have already purchased the item, the best way to show proof of price is to bring in your original Best Buy receipt, plus the competitor's current ad. We reserve the right to call the competitor's store to verify the lower price and availability of the item.
    This is what matts82173 took advantage of:

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
    If you made your purchase in a Best Buy store, and you find an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price, plus 10% of the difference. Internet-only retailers are exempt from our price matching program, as well as Web-exclusive offers. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the competitor's store. For purchases made online at BestBuy.com, please refer to the Online Price Guarantee on BestBuy.com.
    I love all High-Def media regardless of format.
    My home theatre:
    HDTV: LG 55" Passive 3D LED HDTV 240Hz
    Receiver/speakers: Yamaha YHT-270 5.1 650 Watts
    Blu-ray player: PlayStation 3 20GB with a 250GB drive installed
    Cable: Comcast Digital Cable with HBO, Showtime & DVR (HD channels 1080i)
    Remote: Logitech Harmony One
    Nice...this is good to know!
    If anyone lives close to Los Angeles/Long Beach there is a place Spin Fusion or Game Play (Not sure of the real name) that is having a sell on the XBOX add-on $100. Here is the number (310) 838-7776 (562) 421-6880
    $100....stolen? lol
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    PSN: Fusion_Id
    It dreams in Blu-ray
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
    $100....stolen? lol
    I don't think so, . I believe that the sale is going to be for only a few days (25th, 31st, 1st) something like that. I'm getting a few.

Default Best Buy Matches Amazon Prices

Hey, I just found out that at Best Buy you can get a pricematch from Amazon.com prices. This goes for anything. Not just HDDVDs. So, now I just go to Best Buy and purchase whatever I want and still get the online price.

I like shopping online, but I got to wait for the shipping. Now I don't have to.

The Best Buy I shop at is in Sausilito, CA.

Has anyone else got this to work at their store?
    I usually print off prices from Target.com and bring it in the store since target and amazon have a partnership for certain online stuff. The prices on amazon.com are the same as they are on target.com
    they might have done it for you but let me tell you their policy so people dont thin they will.

They will match Any "Local" None club competitor on Sale prices only that they have in stock. So if its rebates, Sorry, if its not in stock sorry.

If its Sams Club or Costo, nope. Also, no online retailers like Amazon, or Newegg or Buy.com. They will not and that is their policy. Does that rule get bent? sure but dont expect to go in there with an amazon price and get it
    "PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
    PowerMac G5 + MacBook Air+ Custom Gaming PC + PSPgo +500GB PlayStation 3 (Linux) + Xbox 360 Elite + Harmony 1000 + TiVo Series 3+ XM + Panamax 5100 + Sony 60" SXRD + Denon 2807 + Onkyo 6.1 Surround + AppleTV+ iPhone 3GS
    PSN: Fusion_Id
    It dreams in Blu-ray
    My best buy told me that if my local target has it in stock,then they will accept the target.com price. My local target hasent gotten anything new HD wise, since World trade center.
    Display: Sony 50E2000 LCD 720p
    Receiver: Denon AVR-2307CI
    HDDVD: Toshiba A2 & PS3 BD
    Gaming: X-Box 360 & PS3
    Speakers: PSB all around
    http://live.xbox.com/member/jedi master EJS
    On Amazon you can still get the 10% off too.
    I didn't think so either. The way I found out is because the manager told me. I was matching target. Great prices too. Anyway, when he was authurizing the price he said they just started matching amazon.com prices. I said, "I didn't think you match online stores."

We have to, their huge. They're a competitor.

So, the next time I went I went to check stand and with a add I printed out from the best buy computers from amazon and they the checkout guy didn't think they did it. They called and asked a manager and he authorized.

That was three weeks ago. Since I have went back four times and have not had any problems getting them to match amazon.com's price.

I don't know if this is nationwide, but I will go to the best buy in Santa Rosa and see what happens in a day or two. Hope this helps anyone else out.

Also, if anyone else thinks it will help, I'll get the store to print something for me that says it's a new policy. (don't know, but hopefully) then scan and post on here.
    Thanks for the tip !
    Will try it and post back...I'm in NJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by sentury111 View Post
    Hey, I just found out that at Best Buy you can get a pricematch from Amazon.com prices.
    Someone else found out before you did. Time for a good ol thread merge! Hold on to your post count, this might be a bumpy ride!
    I love all High-Def media regardless of format.
    My home theatre:
    HDTV: LG 55" Passive 3D LED HDTV 240Hz
    Receiver/speakers: Yamaha YHT-270 5.1 650 Watts
    Blu-ray player: PlayStation 3 20GB with a 250GB drive installed
    Cable: Comcast Digital Cable with HBO, Showtime & DVR (HD channels 1080i)
    Remote: Logitech Harmony One