scohen is offline Staff

Default Disney Set to Remove Movies from Netflix and Launch its own Streaming Platform

The studio is planning to end its deal with Netflix.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...platform/39706
    Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records

DanzBorin is offline Founding Member

This is what is going to ruin the streaming model. Not ever single studio and channel can have their own subscription fee. If they do, this will crash. I'm not paying for 57 different services. Disney can shove it up their...

I'll buy my Star Wars and Marvel movies on 4k and they can sit on the rest of their garbage. They may think they will make more by being on their own, but they won't. People want services that have lots of selection, not pigeon holed into one studio. Having 3 major streaming services is already bad enough.
    LG 75UH8500 w/ Tivo Bolt
    Onkyo TX-NR646 w/ Polk Audio RTi8s, RT35i, matching center and Klipsh 10" Reference sub

rmoody is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
    This is what is going to ruin the streaming model. Not ever single studio and channel can have their own subscription fee. If they do, this will crash. I'm not paying for 57 different services. Disney can shove it up their...

I'll buy my Star Wars and Marvel movies on 4k and they can sit on the rest of their garbage. They may think they will make more by being on their own, but they won't. People want services that have lots of selection, not pigeon holed into one studio. Having 3 major streaming services is already bad enough.
    I completely agree. Just like the CBS service, this has fail all over it. The ESPN plan is suck too. I predict both will be well over the price of Netflix, won't have all the titles, have commercials, charge extra for some content on top of the subscription price, won't be available for all platforms, require some type of contract for a minimum of 3 months and more likely 12 months, and fall flat on it's face "forcing" them to remove all of the content from all services except their own service. I would not be surprised in the least if they come out with their own proprietary set top box that is the only device this works on. We already know the ESPN plan won't have all of the ESPN channels. What's the point?

Put the movies/shows on Netflix, put ESPN on Hulu, merge the two companies, and call it a day already. It's time the media companies realize they have lost the cable TV business model, this is just more of the same that will fail just like the cable TV ecosystem. We are sick of bein price gouged to kingdom come.

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

I too agree. Too many choices and removing certain titles from other services - PASS. Before you know it you're back at $80 a month again, and that's for "cutting the cord."
    Just another argument for physical discs again.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

In an F-YOU Disney move, Netflix Lures Shonda Rhimes Away From ABC Studios

"Netflix has signed Shonda Rhimes to a multi-year production deal, ending a 15-year relationship with ABC Studios that yielded hits from "Grey's Anatomy" to "Scandal." "

Full Article here;
    http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/t...tudios-n792311
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"