Palmer is offline Administrator

Default 4K Ultraviolet Headaches: How & Where To Redeem Digital HD Codes in 4K UHD

If you've ever ended up with an HD Digital Copy after trying to redeem your Ultraviolet code from a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, there two possible reasons.

1) the movie isn't availalbe to stream in 4K UHD

or

2) you made a mistake while redeeming your code or haven't linked the right accounts, which means there may be a way to get access to a 4K streaming copy of your movie.

If you're in group two, this latest Home Theater 101 article is for you:

4K Ultraviolet Headaches: How & Where To Redeem Digital HD Codes in 4K UHD

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

If Josh Z is compiling a list of the failures of UHD (like he has done for BD) I hope he adds this. Actually, I'm sure he will!
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Question (or how bout a step by step): When I redeem a code on Universal's site I get 3 choices, which do I use to ensure my online library reflects 4K? Fandango Now, Vudu, Flixster.
    Or does it not really matter because UPHE parses the right parameters to the destination site?

I also notice the absence of LionsGate in the guide. Can I assume my general feeling about them is true, even in 4K? I feel they're not a friendly company that pretty much region locks all their releases. If you have a UV code in the UK and redeem it, it will not parse to your USA account while pretty much all other vendors do. You may have even seen me use the word 'assholes' when describing the practices of that company. So there are no 4K redemptions is what I am trying to say with regards to LionsGate.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Palmer is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Question (or how bout a step by step): When I redeem a code on Universal's site I get 3 choices, which do I use to ensure my online library reflects 4K? Fandango Now, Vudu, Flixster.
    Or does it not really matter because UPHE parses the right parameters to the destination site?
    I personally use VUDU for Warners & Universal titles because they have Dolby Vision HDR. FandangoNOW Universal 4K titles are non-HDR (their Fox titles are, but require that hard drive thing). When you redeem via Universal/VUDU, the title shows up in your Ultraviolet library as: VUDU: SD, HD, UHD.

I'm not sure what happens if you choose Flixster. It should still import into VUDU if those accounts are linked, but I can't guarantee it.