Default 25 Percent of Netflix Users Stream with the Wii

And we wonder why Netflix doesn't seem concerned with improving their streaming offerings.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/net...consoles-24620
    I don't get your logic. That means 75% of the devices are likely high definition capable.

PC monitors - 1080P or more
    PC to TV - anyone with a HTPC is probably HDTV
    Consoles - most likely HDTV
    Blu-ray players - certainly HDTV
    Connected TV - certainly HDTV

They have stated goals of improving the AV, they believe streaming is their future, 75% of their users are likely HD, and your logic is that they are going to cripple the AV quality for Wii users???
    I actually use the Wii for streaming myself, because my internet connection isn't quite fast enough to get an HD stream. Even on my PS3, the program down-grades the signal to SD anyway. So I use the Wii because I have it connected to my older tube set, which is what I still use for SD content.

I'm actually watching a lot of stuff on it right now, as I'm canceling my membership before the price hike goes into effect.
    That's just sad. And not just for HD video - but also for Surround Sound. Not all Netflix material contains 5.1 Surround Sound - but for the material that has it - you will only hear it on the PS3 console, not the XBox or the Wii. Of the consoles, only the PS3 Netflix client supports 5.1 surround sound. Since that client was upgraded o n the PS3, a few blu-ray players and TVs also support Netflix in 5.1, but not many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorheadache View Post
    I actually use the Wii for streaming myself, because my internet connection isn't quite fast enough to get an HD stream. Even on my PS3, the program down-grades the signal to SD anyway. So I use the Wii because I have it connected to my older tube set, which is what I still use for SD content.
    This. I'm in the same situation. My internet is only 1.5 Mb/s, peak. Streaming Netflix on anything high-def (XBox, PS3, PC) is an absolute joke. It looks like a YouTube video from 2007. Streaming on the Wii to an SD TV is the only way to stream Netflix and not have it be painful to watch. In fact, it's barely distinguishable from a typical TV signal.

Not everyone has super fast internet, High-Def Digest.
    I am guilty as charged. I am using the Wii for my Netflex. For some reason, I can't get it to work with my Samsung BD player.
    The reason why the Wii is 25% of the Netflix streaming is because there are no good games out for it now. There is nothing else worth using the Wii for except Netflix streaming. Nintendo loss 330 million dollars in the last three months. Mostly due to the disaster sales of the 3DS and of course the lack of software for it.
    Is that 25% that use wii exclusively, or among other things? I use wii on my crt in the bedroom to fall asleep to old standard def tv shows, but for most other cases I use my PS3. In all my netflix gets used from ps3, xbox360, wii, win xp, win 7, mac, ipod touch, and iphone. Did I add to this Wii percentage? Im on a 28mbps cable connection so at times im watching in HD from 2 devices at once, and I also pay for blu ray access.

I guess mainly I'm wondering if they are counting everyone that bothered to activate netflix on their Wii, which anyone with Netflix and a Wii probably did even if it was to look at the quality and never use it again, or is this people that actively use Wii as their main device? I mean it is one of the cheapest streaming devices out there, and even if it is a tad more than some, it also plays games.

Also, these same people will likely eventually upgrade to the Wii-U, which will likely support HD Netflix.
    Last edited by Hastor; 08-02-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Blu-Ray: PS3/Panasonic DMP-BDT220
    HD-DVD: Xbox360 HD-DVD Drive
    HD Gaming: PS3, Xbox360, Wii U, PC, PS Vita
    TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55VT50
    Audio: Onkyo TX-NR717
    As already posted a bazillion times, more and more devices carry netflix, people are lemmings, look how many people flocked to aol for their internet service, it's only natural.
    Regarding PQ and AQ, look at how many millions of subscribers Directv has. Their quality is like crap but so many people have it. If I could watch all my favorite tv shows without commercials, annoying channel logos and popup ads advertising other shows and maintain at least Directv quality I'd say sign me up (this household had Directv.)