View Poll Results: Would you buy SOUTH PARK seasons 1 - 11 on Bluray if available?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will only buy season 12 and any future seasons on Blu

11 12.09%
  • I may buy some of the older seasons on Blu if they are released

19 20.88%
  • I will buy all of the previous seasons 1 - 11 on Blu if they were available

20 21.98%
  • I wouldnt buy any season of SOUTH PARK, past, present or future, on Bluray

41 45.05%
Page 2 of 3 << First 1 2 3 Last>>
    I'll take Orgazmo first.
    It would really depend on how good they looked and how much they cost.
    I absolutely LOVE South Park, but I wouldn't buy any of them on BD. I have seasons 1-10 on SDVD and that's good enough.
    I don't see the need for most cartoons on HD.

I enjoy south park, Fun with Weapons HD Bonus Disc looks good as do the HD broadcasts on Comedy Central.
    NetFlix streaming has season 1-9 but the quality is crap. IMHO all south parks needs is a good DVD transfer. But to each their own.
    South Park sucks ass now, but I would buy everything up until the show started sucking last season... this season is even worse.

South Park is dead.
    I am... I am... I am... in Satan's all-perfect love.
    in a heartbeat...and im waiting
    I'm not so sure I will even buy S12 on BD... From what I understand, even though the season was broadcast in SD 4:3 for 2/3 of the season, the BD crops the top and bottom off to make the first two discs 16:9. Then disc 3 contains the episodes in their proper HD 16:9. If I confirm that, I'll be buying S12 on DVD, as I did with 1 through 11. S13 on will be BD for sure, though.

I don't really need to re-buy past seasons either.
    Quote Originally Posted by merch View Post
    I'm not so sure I will even buy S12 on BD... From what I understand, even though the season was broadcast in SD 4:3 for 2/3 of the season, the BD crops the top and bottom off to make the first two discs 16:9. Then disc 3 contains the episodes in their proper HD 16:9. If I confirm that, I'll be buying S12 on DVD, as I did with 1 through 11. S13 on will be BD for sure, though.

I don't really need to re-buy past seasons either.

ahhh, so you went with option #1 in the poll.. That's what I went with.. Mainly because of what you said (cropping/zooming in and losing data on the top and bottom. Maybe a bird flew by in the sky, or there was something on the ground in the 4:3 ratio, but when they zoom in to fill the 16:9, that bird and/or their feet will be cropped off).

Its not only that.. Its the look of the old seasons; they dont compare to the new ones. I am watching an episode from season 6 now, and as funny as it was then, it doesnt have the look to the colors, textures and details that season 12 has. Obviously, their budget went up.
    Pass for me on all the seasons.
    = 236
    The only reason I wouldn't buy any season of South Park on blu is because I rather watch movies...South Park is more casual watching when I am multitasking stuff...I rarely dedicate my full 100% attention to it...if I'm watching a new episode I will still multitask on my pc...
    Toshiba A35, Toshiba A30 HD-DVD players
    PS3 60GB (Main Blu-ray player)
    Xbox 360 Elite 120GB
    Mitsubishi HC5500 - 1080p projector
    Onkyo 705 Receiver
    HSU sub VTF 2 - MK3
    count: 250+ count: 250+
    I own them all on SD and I don't really wanna upgrade cause it's gonna cost some dough.
    Format Neutral
    BD:78 HD:85

Arch-Nemesis: ben1080i

Quote Originally Posted by dannyschmanny View Post
    epic ben1080p.......f***ing ....epic.
    Yea..im that awesome.
    SP is one of thw funnest shows on TV, but I wouldn't buy it on blu ray. The only TV's show I would buy on Blu Ray is Lost & Battlestar Galatica Season 1 + miniseries, everything else so far I would be happy with just DVD copies.

*edit*
    If they did release a best of with 20+ episodes(so more then 1 season) that I liked I may buy that.
    Waiting for the day when sales or graphics or reviews matter again.
    I have never watched an episode.. I just know few characters from the show.. Id buy it when they go down to $10 a pop.. thats in like 2020 ..?
    fucking watch South Park hoosier!

I wouldnt buy them on blu-ray though, this show has no need to be in hd.
    Vizio 32" 720p LCD HDTV
    Hitachi 52" 1080i DLP HDTV
    Sony BDP-S300 Blu-ray Player
    Insignia NS-BDLIVE01 Blu-ray Player

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Add-On
    Lost Count
    I'd buy them on Blu-ray because I'm a completest and don't own them on DVD.