Page 501 of 1906 FirstFirst ... 40145149149950050150250351155160110011501 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 28581

Thread: Forza vs GT

Raceworx is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by chaz_uk View Post
    Could be a 100gb install!

Swapping discs in a racing game is absurd. (I jest, I jest)
    it could be

or it might be a making of Blue ray and GT1/2/3/4 as a collectors edition or somthing to go along with GT5..

but still 3 blu rays is alot of data

Dennis M. is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raceworx View Post
    or it might be a making of Blue ray and GT1/2/3/4 as a collectors edition or somthing to go along with GT5..
    What would be the point in that? It's a sim, of course you will want to play the newest one.
    Nostalgia doesn't really factor in here in my opinion.

yes you would want to play the newest one but there are still people who play the older ones id love to play GT1/2 again but i dont have my PS2 or PS1 anymore. if we go by that then whats the point in releasing PS1 classics on psn when you only want to play the newest one?

yes you would want to play the newest one but there are still people who play the older ones id love to play GT1/2 again but i dont have my PS2 or PS1 anymore. if we go by that then whats the point in releasing PS1 classics on psn when you only want to play the newest one?
    If the game has a good story or unique gameplay you can play it anytime but none of that applies to a racing simulation where the newest version always eclipses the older ones. At least I don't think so.

well i want to play number 1 and number 2 again because it has a selection of cars not featured in the newer games.. plus they all have slightly different feelings.. its a nostalga thing aswell,

and if they come for free with the game whilst it might be stupid in your eyes it would not be a negative on GT5..

well i want to play number 1 and number 2 again because it has a selection of cars not featured in the newer games.. plus they all have slightly different feelings.. its a nostalga thing aswell,

and if they come for free with the game whilst it might be stupid in your eyes it would not be a negative on GT5..
    Not stupid at all, just not much of an incentive. Vouchers for the PSN would actually be a cool idea considering you can play those on the PSP too.
    Anyway, I really doubt they need two additional BRs to fit the old Gran Turismos so they must be using them for something else.

yeah it was just a speculation on my behalf.. who knows what they are.. ill put money one being a HD movie of the history/making of GT though.. as for the other one.. who knows.. might be another super late xmas we love you free paid for DLC disc..

DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post

incredible.

ya.. why would they come out with GT5 right? why would the come out with KillZone 3, or Uncharted 3... or Halo 4... or...

come on man.
    Maybe you should try reading what I actually wrote.

I wasn't asking why PD would want to release GT5.......their reasons are beyond obvious.

I was asking why would YOU want to buy it. Since you think Forza 3 will be the Definitive (tm) racing game of this generation why would you want to waste $60 on what to you will be a lesser game than the one you will already own.

The answer is equally obvious........because you know damn well that GT5 has a feature set that blows Turn 10's pathetic claim to be the Definitive (tm) racing game of this generation clean out of the water.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    The answer is equally obvious........because you know damn well that GT5 has a feature set that blows Turn 10's pathetic claim to be the Definitive (tm) racing game of this generation clean out of the water.
    you better hope it reviews better. you've done a lot of shit talking about that list you got there. i guess we'll see if it matters whenever the game comes out. half year away or so we'll know.

cuco33 is online now Member

Forza comes on 2 discs looks like they have been beeten..

mmm 3 discs and all accessible by everyone!
    3 disks?! if this is the normal configuration than nice! I wonder what's in the other cases. I'm guessing it's a special edition of some sort.

I wonder if this is Mercedes Benz teaming up with PD. I just read on another board I'm on that Audi's dealerships might be getting 360s with a copy of Forza 3 as part of their cross promotion. I doubt it's for every dealership. This is awesome if what I'm thinking is true... 2 major car dealerships + 2 major console racing sim developers in a battle off with competition. I might have to go 'test out' a new RS4 one morning, and then a E55 AMG in the evening
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    Maybe you should try reading what I actually wrote.

I wasn't asking why PD would want to release GT5.......their reasons are beyond obvious.

I was asking why would YOU want to buy it. Since you think Forza 3 will be the Definitive (tm) racing game of this generation why would you want to waste $60 on what to you will be a lesser game than the one you will already own.

Why buy RacePro? NFS Shift? PGR? DiRT? Midnight Club? Burnout? F1? Ferrari Championship? etc etc...

In a same way as if COD4 was the Definitive TM first person shooter of this gen, what's the point in buying BF:BC, KZ2, Halo, etc etc...

All different games offering different features. The quick racing list I typed can offer more realism to more arcadey style, they can offer better single player campaign or a better multiplayer, they can offer more car/race genre specific game or be open world.. list goes on. If you ONLY play a GT or a Forza... you're missing out. A LOT!!!

I see how easily an MS exclusive developer needs to do to get the other camp to consistently talk of their product. Claim being the cream of the crop, the king, definitive, doing things no one else can do, etc. The fanboys go foaming in the mouth
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Why buy RacePro? NFS Shift? PGR? DiRT? Midnight Club? Burnout? F1? Ferrari Championship? etc etc...

In a same way as if COD4 was the Definitive TM first person shooter of this gen, what's the point in buying BF:BC, KZ2, Halo, etc etc...

All different games offering different features. The quick racing list I typed can offer more realism to more arcadey style, they can offer better single player campaign or a better multiplayer, they can offer more car/race genre specific game or be open world.. list goes on. If you ONLY play a GT or a Forza... you're missing out. A LOT!!!
    i think it's a case of only having one console. it's hard to think out side of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    i think it's a case of only having one console. it's hard to think out side of the box.
    Which falls into what I've said all along

DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post

I see how easily an MS exclusive developer needs to do to get the other camp to consistently talk of their product. Claim being the cream of the crop, the king, definitive, doing things no one else can do, etc. The fanboys go foaming in the mouth
    Precisely because those games are not Definitive.......it's taken a few hundred pages but it's nice to see that you are finally starting to understand the point.

If COD 4 was the definitive FPS game of this generation then there would be little point buying other titles that came out and were not as good. But it is not the definitive FPS of this generation.

If Forza 3 was the Definitive (tm) racing game of this generation then there would be little point buying other titles that came out and were not as good. But it is not the Definitive (tm) racing game of this generation.

Forza 3 isn''t going to be that game.......GT5 isn't going to be that game......personally I hope we never see the definitive game and instead see companies continue to push forward with better and better titles.

Turn 10 were idiots to say such a stupid thing in the first place......Midnight is equally wrong to keep repeating it.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

right now, Forza 3 is the definitive racing sim this gen. until GT 5 comes and knocks it off the pedestal.