Page 2 of 1899 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza vs GT

Raceworx is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
    You won't ever know until you play it yourself. In my opinion, Microsoft demo'd it in the worst way possible.

Having said that, I will be buying Forza 3 and GT5.

One thing I need to know: what's a good steering wheel for the PS3. I would really like a first party wheel system like the 360's -- force feedback and everything.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/131&cl=gb,en

nuff said

intheend is offline Banned

from the trailer it looks like it will have alot more cars and tracks. forza won't have rally or nascar. Also in the trailer they show night racing with the mazda and audi r10 which is fucking awesome.

I hope forza has night time racing, who knows maybe they will since they have an announcement that has something to do with le mans. I will be getting forza and nfs shift.

I have forza 2 and race pro and just about every other racing game on 360 and pc. What I want to see is forza 3 being a little more like gtr2 or gtr evolution.

Liqwid is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raceworx View Post
    Geez. That'll break the bank. It looks awesome, but I can't afford that!

What do you think about the Logitech Driving Force GT controller?
    Sony Playstation 3
    Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on
    Movie Collection
    : LiqwidZero

Snadinator is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by viewsonic View Post
    To describe Forza 3 as the definitive racing game of this generation was nothing short of an insult to the intelligence of everyone watching.
    Well GT5 isn't out yet so saying Forza is the leading franchise -this gen- isn't all that hard fetched, hahaha.
    Online name for 360, PSN and Steam - Snadinator

Currently Playing: Witcher 2
    Waiting for the coming of Singularity (Synthesis)! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Dennis M. is offline Member

It has Polyphony Digital's blessing so I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The G25 is the best racing wheel ever created but it's too damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
    It has Polyphony Digital's blessing so I don't think you can go wrong with it.

The G25 is the best racing wheel ever created but it's too damn expensive.
    I don't know the fanatec one looks to be about as good. But it is more expensive and has a long ass wait time. But at least now we have a good wheel for the 360 instead of the crappy ass ms one and with clutch! although many games don't use it. Hopefully forza 3 supports clutch.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new...r-Xbox-360.htm

Raceworx is offline Member

you can get it cheaper on flebay.. but it is the best wheel out there fully suported clutch and full force feedback.. i wish i could afford it..

Vsions is offline Member

You won't ever know until you play it yourself. In my opinion, Microsoft demo'd it in the worst way possible.

One thing I need to know: what's a good steering wheel for the PS3. I would really like a first party wheel system like the 360's -- force feedback and everything.
    logitec g25 is excellent. A bit pricy though but it does have a clutch pedal which is awesome

Liqwid is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by intheend View Post
    I don't know the fanatec one looks to be about as good. But it is more expensive and has a long ass wait time. But at least now we have a good wheel for the 360 instead of the crappy ass ms one and with clutch! although many games don't use it. Hopefully forza 3 supports clutch.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/new...r-Xbox-360.htm
    I wouldn't go out and say that Microsoft's first party wheel is "crappy ass". It actually works very well. I do understand how many don't like how it doesn't have a clutch and only has paddle shifting, but it works fine for me, and the force-feedback on the 360 wheel is great.

I will look into one of these logitech wheels, though.
    Sony Playstation 3
    Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on
    Movie Collection

CaptKain is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
    As long as Polyphony is procrastinating they have every right to do so. But yeah, I fully expect GT5 to raise the bar to unattainable heights for every competitor including Forza 3.
    Forza and GT both have Pros and cons.
    So far there is no "definitive" racing game out this gen. Since Forza has no competition available yet to compare to for the "definitive" race sim title.
    Forza is just the best available completed race sim so far of this gen of consoles.

...and I agree, the "painting" part is not a seller to me. I race, not draw while playing.
    System Specs
    Sony 4K LCD XBR-55X850B/ H/K AVR745/ JPW Sats'99 / Kef Ref Q9C Center/ Klipsch RF-82 Frt's/ JBL Sub PSW1200/ 360 w/HD-DVD/ Xbox One

Fav's
    BSG, SW, LOTR, BOB, Gladiator(Crowe), Harry Potter(The real way FF should be portrayed IMHO)

murphjp is offline Member

I prefer burnout over GT5, and forza 3 so
    Waiting for the day when sales or graphics or reviews matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by murphjp View Post
    I prefer burnout over GT5, and forza 3 so
    that is blasphemy in this topic. Sorry but you are burning in hell for saying that. j/k

Badger3920 is offline Member

I was unimpressed, like you, with the way MS demo'd forza 3 -- it was like car ballet with all sorts of spinning which shed a light on some rather unsavory physics etc. I also was a bit letdown with the graphics.

That said, if I still had my 360, I'd be purchasing -- because the title has me excited.

Hopefully they show PD a thing or two about delivering a great, realistic race-sim on-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    I was unimpressed, like you, with the way MS demo'd forza 3 -- it was like car ballet with all sorts of spinning which shed a light on some rather unsavory physics etc. I also was a bit letdown with the graphics.

That said, if I still had my 360, I'd be purchasing -- because the title has me excited.

Hopefully they show PD a thing or two about delivering a great, realistic race-sim on-time.
    From the Q&A with Sony Matt Levitan

Sony showcased several other exclusives as well, including Uncharted 2, MAG, Gran Turismo 5, and others. Is Sony looking at a blockbuster holiday line-up?

The holiday line-up this year looks great.

For me it starts with Uncharted 2. I had a chance to play three-on-three co-op in an internal demo, and I was blown away. Thatís probably the number one pick for me.

But thereís also MAG, and Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time coming this holiday as well.

As for Gran Turismo 5, we havenít released an official date, but weíre trying to get that out this calendar year, so it could be a holiday game as well.

Some of the other ones are a little further off. God of War III, which was really wowing the audience, has been slated for March 2010.

Last Guardian hasnít been given a date, but that might be my most anticipated game because Shadow of the Colossus [which was made by the same studio, Team Ico] was maybe my favourite PS2 game of all time. I had a chance to see the video we showed here a few months ago, and it was really tough to keep it a secret. It just looks like an incredible gameplay experience.

And then thereís Final Fantasy XIV: Online, which is coming to PS3 exclusively. I only learned about that one a week or two ago, but Iím jazzed. I played Final Fantasy XI for about a year and a half.

So there are tons of great exclusives, four or five of which are set for this holiday season. But we wanted to show some of what will be coming out in 2010 and 2011, and I think we did a great job of that as well.
    so maybe this holiday season?

Badger3920 is offline Member

If it was out this holiday season, then that would be A+