Page 11 of 1906 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza vs GT

hdinred is online now Member

This video = many Sony fans in this thread.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
    I'm not sure that Forza is using it for a tag line. It sounds more like hype than a tag line.

All I pointed out was that it was a bold claim by the developer to hype their title as the definitive racing game of this console generation. In fact, he even goes on to say later on that GT is not even competition for Forza. But I guess that's also a tag line, too. I'll remain healthily skeptical until it's release.

Anyone claiming to be making the "definitive (genre) game of this generation" deserves skepticism. We will certainly see... If Forza 3 has more cars, more customization options, and equal or better driving, then it disqualifies GT5 from being definitive. If GT5 has more cars, more customization options, and drives equal to or better than Forza 3, then it disqualifies Forza 3.

My metric leaves out a lot of things but really, Forza can't give an inch to GT5, if the developers are really shooting for their game being the racing sim we think back to when we think of the PSWii60 generation. If that's what Polyphony Digital feels about their game, they must do the same thing, too
    wow... look at you. you take the game wars real serious.

you know what dude... there's still not even a GT game out that's full this gen. Forza 2 is what's there, and it's better than anything. 2 Forza's will be out before a final GT. that's piss poor.

you have lot's of if's in your post.

they're just talking some shit and hoping fanboys like you, take it to heart and start to freak out about a race car game.

so now tell me why it isn't bold of GT to claim.. "The real driving sim"

what excludes that from being bold? oh that's right... because it's from the console of your choice.

it's really easy.

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    This video = many Sony fans in this thread.
    LMAO!

quoted for 100% truth.

Raceworx is offline Member

well seeign what PD are putting in GT5 you can keep your forza 1.5 and forza2.3 and turn10's attitude.. because when it comes out all PD has to do is continue with there past trends and it will be the definitive racing game of this generation..

id rather have 1 all encompasing quality product than version 7 of a rushed one..

Quote Originally Posted by Raceworx View Post
    well seeign what PD are putting in GT5 you can keep your forza 1.5 and forza2.3 and turn10's attitude.. because when it comes out all PD has to do is continue with there past trends and it will be the definitive racing game of this generation..

id rather have 1 all encompasing quality product than version 7 of a rushed one..
    /agreed.

LENGTH
    FUCK YA! I'm STRAIGHT EDGE DAWG! You smoke, YOU DIE! You drink, YOU DIE! You jaywalk, YOU DIE! You rip that tag off a mattress that you're not supposed to rip, YOU MOTHER FUCKIN DIE!!!!

BBM128 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    wow... look at you. you take the game wars real serious.

you know what dude... there's still not even a GT game out that's full this gen. Forza 2 is what's there, and it's better than anything. 2 Forza's will be out before a final GT. that's piss poor.

you have lot's of if's in your post.

they're just talking some shit and hoping fanboys like you, take it to heart and start to freak out about a race car game.

so now tell me why it isn't bold of GT to claim.. "The real driving sim"

what excludes that from being bold? oh that's right... because it's from the console of your choice.

it's really easy.
    Calling your game awesome in any form is a claim that we all expect you to back up. GT5 being a real driving simulator certainly is a claim that they'll have to back up with each installment if they're gonna keep putting it on the box.

All I'm citing is my criteria for a game being a contender for the term "definitive". I even stated that GT5 stands equal chance of being disqualified as Forza 3. If one does everything better than the other, then it's possible the game could hold such a title such as "definitive" or "real driving simulator" or really any other term you wish to use. Of course, Forza 3 or GT5 don't become the best of jack shit if another, better, more accurate game in the genre comes out. If me citing what I think would make or break either games' claim to the title Turn 10 created for their game makes me a fanboy, then so be it. Not that important, but frankly, I'd like to draw the line in the sand now, rather than have it redefined later so that one side can spin their game better than the other and engage in revisionist history.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon
    +: 24 (Now Playing: Various)
    +: 7 (Now Playing: )
    +PSP: 9 (Now playing: )
    +PSN/XBL: Radant128 (When you add me, lemme know you're from HDD)

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:

Wulf is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
    Calling your game awesome in any form is a claim that we all expect you to back up. GT5 being a real driving simulator certainly is a claim that they'll have to back up with each installment if they're gonna keep putting it on the box.

All I'm citing is my criteria for a game being a contender for the term "definitive". I even stated that GT5 stands equal chance of being disqualified as Forza 3. If one does everything better than the other, then it's possible the game could hold such a title such as "definitive" or "real driving simulator" or really any other term you wish to use. Of course, Forza 3 or GT5 don't become the best of jack shit if another, better, more accurate game in the genre comes out. If me citing what I think would make or break either games' claim to the title Turn 10 created for their game makes me a fanboy, then so be it. Not that important, but frankly, I'd like to draw the line in the sand now, rather than have it redefined later so that one side can spin their game better than the other and engage in revisionist history.
    I'd say Turn 10 has the right too backed up by this.

Perhaps the most surprising to me was when a couple developers from Gran Turismo makers Polyphony Digital came by to personally get hands-on with Forza 3, all the while taking careful notes, examining our UI system, shooting photos, and directly asking us some pretty interesting questions. The reason I say I was personally surprised was because PD aren’t generally known as a studio to acknowledge that there are racing games that exist beyond their own. Which could explain why the GT franchise has been so stagnant in the racing genre since GT3. So it seems competition is good for the consumer after all. I know for a fact that Turn 10 will never stop pushing racing games to the next level.
    http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/bl...d-e3-2009.aspx

The fact that PD hasn't looked at other racers in the past speak's volumes. This is a job well done Turn 10 you got PD to look over your shoulder and ask questions. Turn 10 can enjoy this moment and should enjoy it, they've worked hard to pass the GT series. Now, can you (BB) knowledge that they deserve the praise? Midnighter, I think Turn 10 deserves this moment don't you?
    “The wolf has come down from the north and your fat little town is safe no longer!” Dr. Charles Henry Moffet. Airwolf. Oct. 6, 1984.

Wulfer

Elee s is offline Member

Ive always seen GT's tagline as "The 'real driving' simlulator" rather than "The 'real' driving simulator."

BBM128 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I'd say Turn 10 has the right the right too back up by this.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/bl...d-e3-2009.aspx

The fact that PD hasn't looked at other racers in the past speak's volumes. This is a job well done Turn 10 you got PD to look over your shoulder and ask questions. Turn 10 can enjoy this moment and should enjoy it, they've worked hard to pass the GT series. Now, can you (BB) knowledge that they deserve the praise?
    Dude, they're about to launch the third installment of a successful franchise, damn right they deserve praise. But all I'm saying is that we really ought to stand back, take a deep breath, and not write off any competing product untill we can compare and contrast the products before we crown a winner, which is what I've been saying all along.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon
    +: 24 (Now Playing: Various)
    +: 7 (Now Playing: )
    +PSP: 9 (Now playing: )
    +PSN/XBL: Radant128 (When you add me, lemme know you're from HDD)

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:

Coren is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    It's only piss poor from some perspectives. If PD wanted to just release at what level detail they had and put out a game when Forza 2 came out, they certainly could have, and then another when Forza 3 came out, etc. It might make more financial sense for them to do so...

...or since they probably know that GT5 very likely might sell as much as Forza 2 and 3 combined once it's released; they can be anal perfectionists if they want.

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Whatever happened to the phrase "Pride comes before the Fall?"

Politely hype your game, and let the game speak for itself. If Forza 3 is better than GT5, than let that be, but this is getting nasty.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

cuco33 is online now Member

el oh fucking el... i love it... some people are flipping the shit right now and the true fanboysim is coming out. the fuel to the fire is Turn10's cocky yet worthy smackdown towards PD and the defence force is up in arms. all I know is come October, I'll have the 3rd installment of Forza series while Sony only fanboys, most of who don't even care about racing, will continue being up in arms and waiting for a GT came to hit after the last full install

I'm not about Turn10's big ego right now but they are take only a small chapter in Sony and PD's book.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

Coren is offline Member

The whole "Omg, they're flipping the shit and showing their fanboyism!" thing when someone disagrees is getting silly, and is more reflecting on the fanboyism of the person saying it than anything IMO.

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quite a few pots in here handing out the "you're black" labels

cuco33 is online now Member

Don't hate the fact that PD now has some real competition who has done more in a console racing franchise from 1st release than they have ever. GT4 for me was a joke. Slightly better graphics, some more cars, some more tracks... and yet everything that was supposed to come with it, didn't. They gave themselves that black eye and Turn10 is now giving the remaining one.

I'm all about the competition, it makes both games better. PD no longer can go on hyping features that most still haven't seen the light of day when the competition has been doing it since day 1. But I agree... Turn10 is acting way to big headed right now. And everyone who is up in arms about the comments are falling right for the publicity that MS would want. It gets people talking, it gets them noticing, and the word gets spread around faster. I really thought at E3 we'd get a release date... instead we got another hype trailer (a bad ass one at that). I really hope GT5 gets released this year with all the extras they've promised that would be out by now but being a realist I know I have a better chance at getting a 3some with my fiance and Angelina Jolie than GT5 coming out in 2009.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side