Page 1001 of 1906 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199910001001100210031011105111011501 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 28581

Thread: Forza vs GT

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Above Article
    When it came time to choose an overall winner, Car and Driver gave the edge to GT5 for its all-encompassing depth, calling it "peerlessly comprehensive,"
    Anyone else thoroughly confused? GT5 is the overall winner but Forza 3 is the.... overall winner?

The generation of co-winners confirmed?
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

silverback is offline Member

what's more stunning to me is that forza was even close to gt5.whether it beats it or not is debatable,but i dont know whether gt5 is just a disappointment or forza 3 is actually that good.i really enjoyed playing forza3 and after the years and years of talk around gt5 i didnt think there would be any competition really.personally speaking gt5 could never live upto the hype,the delays or the expectations,they tried there best,but it didnt deliver.
    i got motostorm 2 back

GOULDF1NGER
    S1LVER8ACK

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Forza 3 - The Definitive Racer CONFIRMED
    *puts on mask*
    yeah, but which one sold more?

not sure if i did that right....

Quote Originally Posted by silverback View Post
    what's more stunning to me is that forza was even close to gt5.whether it beats it or not is debatable,but i dont know whether gt5 is just a disappointment or forza 3 is actually that good.i really enjoyed playing forza3 and after the years and years of talk around gt5 i didnt think there would be any competition really.personally speaking gt5 could never live upto the hype,the delays or the expectations,they tried there best,but it didnt deliver.
    lots of people seem to like it, but i still consider GT5 a huge disappointment.
    it's pretty much established that forza 3 is the better racer. *LOOK HERE CUCO*

cuco33 is online now Member

This can't be good for the sdf extreme. Article mentions alot of what I've said already but this whole C&D reviewing games just doesn't sound right. They had an article few months ago already and it was heavily biased for gt5. Ill say now what o said then.. me thinks C&D is desperate for site traffic and magazine purchases.

2 things this article didn't 100% on. Gt5 features licensed series. Nascar being one but forza does have nascar stock cars. You just don't see official teams and tracks. Also, 'all encompassing depth' is telling me they didn't play the game long enogh to experience the grind.
    Im looking forward to what C&D says about the actual driving. They do know how many of the cars feel around a track. Im assuming that gtplanet will go into meltdown mode soon enough.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!
    XBOX ONE X has brought a disturbance to the crony side

Badger3920 is offline Member

I don't foresee any meltdowns (here at least -- I don't frequent gtplanet nor does that place matter all that much for our purposes on this board).

Both came out to be pretty damn good racers and it's good to see that Forza is getting due recognition.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Ergo-Proxy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/game-news-in...iver-road-test

Forza 3 beats GT5 in Car and Driver road test
    Reading that its like reading a review written by some gossip man magazine with gorgeous chick photos but with no understanding of videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    *puts on mask*
    yeah, but which one sold more?

not sure if i did that right....
    Alright, just this once I'm going to give you a lesson in how it's done. Check it....

Forza 3 is the definitive racer huh? Yeah, it Definitively sold less than gt5!!!

*end of free lesson*
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

BBM128 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo-Proxy View Post
    Reading that its like reading a review written by some gossip man magazine with gorgeous chick photos but with no understanding of videogames.
    All that matters is that they preferred Forza over GT. Creds don't matter if you have the right preference.
    +32in Sanyo Vizon
    +: 24 (Now Playing: Various)
    +: 7 (Now Playing: )
    +PSP: 9 (Now playing: )
    +PSN/XBL: Radant128 (When you add me, lemme know you're from HDD)

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:

james is offline Member

When it doesn't fit your biased opinion, of course you would say that. How naive.

Quote Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
    All that matters is that they preferred Forza over GT. Creds don't matter if you have the right preference.
    So, you are saying that Car and Driver Magazine isn't credible...

BBM128 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    When it doesn't fit your biased opinion, of course you would say that. How naive.

So, you are saying that Car and Driver Magazine isn't credible...

I'm saying one source should be weighed on it's merits. Car and Driver may or may not be, and it also depends on how they are judging the games. Given they are not a dedicated gaming mag they may not necessarily have the same eye that a gaming mag might. Likewise, a gaming mag might be looking for different things than they were. It's all in the subtlties, but personally, I'm more partial towards the gaming press as a whole (the same gaming press whose scores, when aggregated, placed Forza 3 higher, might I add).
    +32in Sanyo Vizon
    +: 24 (Now Playing: Various)
    +: 7 (Now Playing: )
    +PSP: 9 (Now playing: )
    +PSN/XBL: Radant128 (When you add me, lemme know you're from HDD)

Next games:
    :
    :
    PSP:

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Biased opinion can go both ways. Now who asked you and what is your problem?

Biased opinion can go both ways. Now who asked you and what is your problem?
    Considering that this is a message board...I would say that you asked him, since you posted your opinion in a public forum. Lighten up dude and go back to your Anime.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by BBM128 View Post
    If you look at my post, and cut out my poor attempt at smackdown, you'll see I don't give much credit to them reviewing a video game, even stating they are desperate for site traffic and magazine sales. I don't think they ever saw so many replies after their initial article on GT5. The only thing I see them as being credible with a racing game is comparison of the physics and car's dynamics from real life vs in game. Car and track selection too. But game features... definitely questionable.

I would be lieing if I didn't want to see what they, as pros who have had access to many of these cars in a racing manner, felt how cars/game's physics/etc are like in comparison. You can have the best physics engine out there but if you never drove a Ferrari F40, you won't know how 'real' it is in a game without actual experience. Sometimes the devs nail it and when a particular car understeers in real life it does it in game; and sometimes they are way off, like a car in real life that oversteers will only induce understeer in game. If C&D's review paints the better picture for Forza3, a meltdown of epic proportions will happen. Maybe not here but certainly on sites like gtplanet and even forzacentral (where sadly it has moments of sdf elite fanboiz hogging up their board). The initial article that a new young C&D writer wrote was heavily biased towards GT and the SDF/GTF held a death grip. I'd love it if C&D nodded the better physics towards FM3 not because of brand loyalty but because I want to laugh at the meltdowns (which won't really happen here).
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count! Until Forza 7!

I came across this on gtplanet and had to post it here... for all intensive smackdown purposes of course... because I remember this once great debate about how FM3's tracks were unrealistic and mentioning even how rumble strips were flat and fake, and GT's were ever so realistic, even though I mentioned some rumble strips in real life are flat while others were raised edges..

Circuit de La Sarthe, aka Le Mans track: GT5

Circuit de La Sarthe, aka Le Mans track: FM3

Do I really care? Not really. Both tracks are great in each game but there was a lot of 'blind biased debate' that happened over reality. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm... :P