Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    hdinred is offline Member

Default Xbox Scorpio Specs

At the same graphics quality settings as Xbox One, the demo ran at a full 4K resolution, at a perfect 60 frames per second. For Xbox One to do this at a standard HD resolution of 1080p uses about 90 per cent of that console's power. Scorpio was only using 60-70 per cent of its resources to run this demo. The graphics settings were then ramped up to the equivalent of the ultra settings on the PC game Forza Motorsport Apex, and Scorpio still didn't break a sweat.
    From what I've seen so far, there is some evidence that Scorpio's true 4K performance could pose a challenge to the likes of Nvidia's GTX 1070 and AMD's Fury X-class hardware. I've seen Microsoft's new console running a Forza Motorsport 6-level experience locked to 4K60 on the equivalent to PC's ultra settings - cranking up the quality presets to obscene levels was one of the first things developer Turn 10 did when confronted with the sheer amount of headroom it had left after a straight Xbox One port.
    The beast!
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

RM
    RM is offline Member

Bewm. Good job AMD and MS!
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

That is sounding pretty good.

RM
    RM is offline Member

Name and release date yet, or are those E3 announcements?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

I figure it will be a big announcement at E3 then launch in October or November.
    But the big question is How well will it play Red Dead Redemption?

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

With memory being so cheap and this being a next gen console, 12 Gb of ram. Are you fucking kidding me? What scares me is that perhaps it is 16 Gb but 4Gb is designated as video ram or something! How else do you come up with 12?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Name and release date yet, or are those E3 announcements?
    Just the specs. If I recall correctly, PS Pro specs were leaked around this time last year, so MS probably wanted to get ahead of the leaks by letting DF do a full analysis.

1172 MHz is a odd clock-speed for the GPU, they just kept dialing it up until it hit 6TF and done!

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    With memory being so cheap and this being a next gen console, 12 Gb of ram. Are you fucking kidding me? What scares me is that perhaps it is 16 Gb but 4Gb is designated as video ram or something! How else do you come up with 12?
    They are single 1GB units, and it's 8GB for games and 4GB for OS.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    They are single 1GB units, and it's 8GB for games and 4GB for OS.
    Insufficient for even 1080p gaming IMO.

And give a GTX1070 a run for its money? I highly doubt that. Real world performance will reveal this detail. Of course this being a closed system it means the devs only have to work with one configuration and can optimize better. Real world results might sell me. And still a WIN, UHD drive built in (not that I would use a console specifically as a player.)
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Badger3920 is offline Member

The beast!
    Sounds pretty decent -- if they can price it near $300-$350, it should be a homerun.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Insufficient for even 1080p gaming IMO.
    Come on now.. 1080p gaming is pretty great already.. 12GB at that bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Sounds pretty decent -- if they can price it near $300-$350, it should be a homerun.
    $400-$500 is probably more likely.. $400 would be a home run IMO..

thejnc is online now Member

$400-$500 is probably more likely.. $400 would be a home run IMO..
    I agree with this. At $400-500 I'm in. At > $500 though, it becomes a wait and see.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    400 is the absolute minimum given the PS4 Pro pricing unless they're willing to take a very sizable hit. But even then their words suggest it's going to be priced as a 'premium' product, so that suggests 400 or above.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

beefier Xbox One that improves old games sounds great. i'm still out though unless exclusives stop appearing on PC.

"full 4K" means "native 4K"?
    expectations should still be in check, especially when comparisons are being made to a GTX1070.
    a $1000 PC can't play all games at 4K60 and FM series historically makes compromises to maintain its framerate.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast