Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    kyzer1978 is offline Member

Default PS Now to include PS4 Titles - Coming in 2017

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/...games-in-2017/

As many of you know, PlayStation Now lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games — currently 483 to be exact — to your PS4 and Windows PC.

We’re excited to announce that PS Now’s catalog is set to grow even further, as we’ll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We’ll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we’ll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you’re an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation.

If you’re new to PS Now, the subscription service offers access to a large and ever-expanding library of games. Since PS Now utilizes our cloud streaming technology, you can access the entire catalog of games, select one, and start playing quickly without needing to wait for downloads.

Also, PS Now uses cloud saves, letting you start a game on PS4 and continue playing on another PS4 or even a Windows PC (or vice versa).

If you haven’t given the service a try yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial.

Here’s a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now during February:

• Red Dead Redemption
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • Mortal Kombat
    • WWE 2K15
    • The Last of Us
    • Mafia II
    • Injustice: Gods Among Us
    • NBA 2K14
    • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
    • Batman Arkham Origins
    Well there you go folks. Have at it.
    PSN and Live Gamertag: kyzer1978

RM
    RM is offline Member

Very interesting. This is certainly the opposite of the direction I expected. It will be fun to see how this performs for them.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Vidfreek is offline Member

Since this will always have latency issues, especially with much larger PS4 games that run upwards of 60+ gigs, I will still not be bothering with this, its still way too expensive for what you get, MS and the Game Pass is what will really work well, download once and play all you want without lag, latency, using as much data and its way cheaper per month, I dont know anyone right now that is even using PSNow, people have to be though right because its still around?

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
    I dont know anyone right now that is even using PSNow, people have to be though right because its still around?
    Not really. Sony paid big bucks to buy Gaikai, so they'll probably keep trying to push it until all options are exhausted. I just thought that was the case already.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Good for non-console owners that may want to play exclusives but getting over the latency and graphical sacrifices will remain a challenge for quite some time
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

weasl is offline Member

Competing with MS on the *chirp chirp* front for my dollars.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

hdinred is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Good for non-console owners that may want to play exclusives
    I guess you can play PS4 games on a PC with and Xbox pad, so at least there's that!

The only way this makes sense is if's a great low price, ~$10 a month for access to all games. The $10 Xbox service doesn't interest me either, but at least you're getting full performance and on many 360 games, better performance. If you're already on a PS4 or PC, why would you play a game with more lag and image compression?
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    If you're already on a PS4 or PC, why would you play a game with more lag and image compression?
    That's the part of this that makes no sense. PC gamers don't care about PS4 exclusives, and if they do, they'll just buy the console. They're not so cheap that they would pay for a crappy experience just to avoid the cost of the console.

And if you own a PS4, how does this service make any sense given PSN+ already gives you "free" games? If you're super cheap, you can just buy a used PS4, and yearly subs to PSN for low cost games.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

It's about testing a market for digital rentals. To remove ownership is the end goal.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    It's about testing a market for digital rentals. To remove ownership is the end goal.
    Absolutely.

These guys wet themselves thinking about ending ownership

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    A little bit too "conspiracy theory" for me.

Sony just wants to make money like all other companies. I'm sure the original vision was to reach non-PlayStation owners and extend profits where investment has already been made (the PS3 library).

Now it seems they'll take the "Netflix of games" approach like Microsoft.

Movie/TV watchers don't seem to mind trading in the convenience of streaming for reduced image quality.. I don't know if gamers would though.. especially if they're already using a box capable of playing the game better.

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

A little bit too "conspiracy theory" for me.
    It's absolutely true. Ownership is a money loss for them. Renting is a money maker for them.

Sony just wants to make money like all other companies. I'm sure the original vision was to reach non-PlayStation owners and extend profits where investment has already been made (the PS3 library).

Now it seems they'll take the "Netflix of games" approach like Microsoft.

Movie/TV watchers don't seem to mind trading in the convenience of streaming for reduced image quality.. I don't know if gamers would though.. especially if they're already using a box capable of playing the game better.
    Exactly the average Joe viewer/gamer won't care about loss in quality, they don't care about sub 60fps (see Switch and Zelda).

But hard core gamers/video/audiophiles will stick with physical/etc

Be a shame to stream a shit quality movie on that gorgeous new 65" OLED of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Be a shame to stream a shit quality movie on that gorgeous new 65" OLED of yours
    Ha! Thx.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out. PS4's performance advantage proved to be a big difference this generation, if gamers were sensitive enough to that difference, why would they suddenly be OK with the less-than-perfect results streaming introduces?

Ha! Thx.

I don't know, I guess we'll find out. PS4's performance advantage proved to be a big difference this generation, if gamers were sensitive enough to that difference, why would they suddenly be OK with the less-than-perfect results streaming introduces?
    I guess with streaming they would almost expect the drop in quality, whereas physical/local based games they expected good results? I'm not sure just thinking out loud.

kyzer1978 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I guess with streaming they would almost expect the drop in quality, whereas physical/local based games they expected good results? I'm not sure just thinking out loud.
    I played FFXIII on PSNow a while back and while it wasn't perfect, it definitely didn't hurt the gameplay experience. I imagine it just depends on the game type. I don't see many FPS or fighting games where reflexes are a must being streamed. Then again I wonder if PSNow will move to more of a hybrid system (much in the same way that we play online disc based games now), where most of the big assets will be downloaded to the hard drive as needed so the rest of the content/gameplay can be streamed easily.
    PSN and Live Gamertag: kyzer1978

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast