Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Games as a service. They want your ass to continue paying for shit.
    How exactly would that work, given they don't make very many games. If they get rid of the consoles, why would EA, Ubisoft, Take Two, Bethesda, etc. have any further relationship with Sony or Microsoft? And how would that increase Sony/MS profits?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

weasl is online now Member

Games as a service. They want your ass to continue paying for shit.
    That makes jack shit zero sense. As a service past launch you can argue but it's bat shit stupid at launch. You've seriously smoked to much conspiracy theory crack at this point.

Most game companies would LOSE money if it went to a service.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    That makes jack shit zero sense. As a service past launch you can argue but it's bat shit stupid at launch. You've seriously smoked to much conspiracy theory crack at this point.

Most game companies would LOSE money if it went to a service.
    I've watched this idea of his evolve over time: He said many times he wants a Netflix style service for games, so he started pushing this idea that steaming games remotely is the answer. Over time, that's gone from "I'd like to have this option", to "this will be the best option for everyone", to "this is inevitable because Netflix is successful".

It's silly for so many reasons, but if you try to rationally point out why streaming will not replace hardware, and games-as-a-service will not replace ownership, he just put's his fingers in his ears and says "Eventually, this will happen. Might take 30 years, but eventually. You'll see." He doesn't have any real counterpoints - just insistence.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

kyzer1978 is offline Member

Good. I don't wish death on any person. I hope he'll decide to post here again.
    I feel like this message board's days are numbered. There isn't anywhere near as many active users as there used to be. The interface/app is way too dated anyway. They seriously need to upgrade this thing.
    PSN and Live Gamertag: kyzer1978

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
    I feel like this message board's days are numbered. There isn't anywhere near as many active users as there used to be. The interface/app is way too dated anyway. They seriously need to upgrade this thing.
    I'd rather have really great conversation with the handful of people still posting here regularly than be on a larger forum where most of the posts are just a random, one-off thought that doesn't go anywhere. The level of engagement from people here is at a level I've never seen on any other gaming forum.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor

Gotta' say, it's impressive how how the folks that did choose to stick around have REALLY stuck around.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Gotta' say, it's impressive how how the folks that did choose to stick around have REALLY stuck around.
    I actually was going to leave this site the other day. Something put me over the edge but I pulled back and decided to stay. I still find many people on here polite and helpful with gaming/movie questions/discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by kyzer1978 View Post
    Listen, as long as I'm here we will be fine.

Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I actually was going to leave this site the other day. Something put me over the edge but I pulled back and decided to stay. I still find many people on here polite and helpful with gaming/movie questions/discussions.
    Damn, Boston got triggered. Was probably some Sony shit. Damn Weasl.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Damn, Boston got triggered. Was probably some Sony shit. Damn Weasl.
    LOL it was nothing game related. It was on the movies side of these forums. Let's just leave it at that.

Honestly, if you leave I really don't know what we would do - we need our Maine Hipster Lumbersexual.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Yeah, you're not allowed to leave CD. This place would get boring real quick!
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Yeah, you're not allowed to leave CD. This place would get boring real quick!
    He can leave but only if he honors the MAD tradition of a historic flameout or meltdown to make it worth it!
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    He can leave but only if he honors the MAD tradition of a historic flameout or meltdown to make it worth it!
    Sounds like a challenge.....

It would be easy to do, but I've calmed down in my later years on most people except for the rodent, gutterdude, and that other guy that I can never remember his name because it's so inconsequential.

weasl is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Sounds like a challenge.....

It would be easy to do, but I've calmed down in my later years on most people except for the rodent, gutterdude, and that other guy that I can never remember his name because it's so inconsequential.
    Most recent pic of CD since the Xbot purge.

- Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

JAC35 is offline Member

I've heard the service kind of sucks, but that doesn't mean they won't improve it. They cut out the PS3 / TVs / BR Players for a reason. Need to count on a bit more horsepower on the end device. I think the PS3 would still be ok but it would be awkward for PS4 titles to be stream-able on PS3 hardware.

Yikes! $45.00 CDN for 3 months!
    Blu-ray Player w/ Harmony Adapter
    Toshiba HD-A32.5
    + Win7 Home Premium HTPC
    Panasonic Plasma TC-P54G10
    Panasonic SA-BX500 Receiver
    SVS 5.1 inc. SVS PB12-NSD Sub

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast