Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Favelle is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    If I still watched a lot of movies, I would want a good 5.1 setup with a nice big display. I just got totally burned out and all-but lost interest. I've tried to go back and watch a few of the "best films of the year", and I just have no real appetite for movies anymore.

I watch TV shows with the wife only as a way to hang out with her. If I was single, all I would do with that time is play games.
    Same here. But I go through phases. We watch a lot of HBO and FX etc series and they all have pretty much killer surround sound. I don't think I'd be as interested in watching anything without the surround sound. The immersion really sucks me in. If I had a soundbar or just a front-loaded sound stage, I'd likely just go back to gaming on the headphones instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    If I still watched a lot of movies, I would want a good 5.1 setup with a nice big display. I just got totally burned out and all-but lost interest. I've tried to go back and watch a few of the "best films of the year", and I just have no real appetite for movies anymore.

I watch TV shows with the wife only as a way to hang out with her. If I was single, all I would do with that time is play games.
    Got to watch the right stuff. I get bored with the Mainstream stuff. It doesn't appease my interest in films. However, I've always worked on a few months films, a few months of books, a few months of games...style of diet for media.

My point is really that there is SO MUCH content at our fingers tips that it's impossible to not find something. It might be work at first, but eventually you'll find it. I recommend Peep Show. Takes a couple of episodes to get a feel for the characters. However, the show is fantastic and worth the effort.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RM
    RM is online now Member

It's not that there isn't good stuff, it's that I would always rather be doing something else with that time. There's plenty of great TV and movies out there. We just watched The Americans and it was solid.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123