Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Why would pro patches be charged for? Time, effort, certification costs and simply because they can. I'm not saying they will but would anyone really be surprised?

You know it's going to take all 4 of your Xbox One's and possibly more to trade in for a Scorpio over a year from now, right?
    I doubt I'll trade them all in. I'll probably trade in one and then give 3 of them away to friends/family and just buy 4 Scorpio's.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

BStroms is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Damn, you Sony guys aren't upgrading? I'll let you know how it is!

Actually, I'm surprised they are still taking preorders.. maybe not a good sign..
    I won't be. I never cared all that much for graphics in the first place. If down the road a bit, reviews start showing the Pro has better performance in terms of reduced loading time, or the like, I'll consider upgrading and turning my current model system into a Christmas present. Until then, I'm more than happy with my PS4, as is.

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by BStroms View Post
    I won't be. I never cared all that much for graphics in the first place. If down the road a bit, reviews start showing the Pro has better performance in terms of reduced loading time, or the like, I'll consider upgrading and turning my current model system into a Christmas present. Until then, I'm more than happy with my PS4, as is.
    Do you have a 4K TV yet?

All I can say is that Gears 4 & Forza Horizon 3 (both with HDR) look a generation ahead to me, I can only imagine how good some PS Pro games are going to look.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

BStroms is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Do you have a 4K TV yet?

All I can say is that Gears 4 & Forza Horizon 3 (both with HDR) look a generation ahead to me, I can only imagine how good some PS Pro games are going to look.
    No, and I'm in no rush to get one either. To me, ever since gaming started, there's been a diminishing return each generation in how much value the graphical upgrades provided to my entertainment. Now, it's already diminished to the point where it's just a blip on my radar.

A PS4 game that looks like it could have been made on the PS3 might score one point lower out of a 100 then a game that made you wonder how they could get that much out of the PS4 Pro. Graphics are already good enough for me, and it's the gameplay/narrative that determine how much I enjoy the game.

Averry is offline Member

Yikes, Sony is going to kinda half shrug, like, here's a PS4.... That's more powerful.... If you're like.... Into that. That's how it's come off just reading this.

Microsoft will treat Scorpio at about..... 80% the marketing strength and budget of a new console launch.

Its gonna feel wayyyyy different next year.

weasl is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Yikes, Sony is going to kinda half shrug, like, here's a PS4.... That's more powerful.... If you're like.... Into that. That's how it's come off just reading this.

Microsoft will treat Scorpio at about..... 80% the marketing strength and budget of a new console launch.

Its gonna feel wayyyyy different next year.
    A lot of it's going to be kind of irrelevant and filled with fanboy drama. The hardcore Xbots will eat it up though.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Averry is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    A lot of it's going to be kind of irrelevant and filled with fanboy drama. The hardcore Xbots will eat it up though.
    As the corporation goes, the fanboys will follow.

Like I said...if Sony's kind of doing this with a half shrug.......

And next year if Microsoft comes out with a Mountain Dew induced ferver.....
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

Badger3920 is online now Member

I tend to agree with you here -- I think PS4 Pro will basically just be the new PS4 and it will be mostly whatevs. I think they will make a much bigger deal about Scorpio, and I think it will generate more excitement.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

I think in a way Sony is worried about market confusion on a device that arguably a lot of people won't even notice a difference in. Discounting fanboys I think the markets reaction to PS4Pro will probably be a mirror for how well the Scorpio does. Sony basically went the route of trying to demonstrate the power difference, and MS is currently going the route of throwing numbers at us so far.

Averry is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I think in a way Sony is worried about market confusion on a device that arguably a lot of people won't even notice a difference in. Discounting fanboys I think the markets reaction to PS4Pro will probably be a mirror for how well the Scorpio does. Sony basically went the route of trying to demonstrate the power difference, and MS is currently going the route of throwing numbers at us so far.
    Hmmm...maybe, but remember Microsoft announced Scorpio as much as a year and a half out.

Sony technically didn't announce it until 2 months out. Microsoft well have ostensibly 13 MORE months to sella story of why this is better. Including an E3 cycle, and debuting game footage on the thing.

Confusion, maybe, but Sony didn't want to cannibalize sales.... While Microsoft decided it didn't give a shit because it has less to lose.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

While Microsoft decided it didn't give a shit because it has less to lose.
    Yea, MS is in a similar position as they were in for OG Xbox.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Hmmm...maybe, but remember Microsoft announced Scorpio as much as a year and a half out.

Sony technically didn't announce it until 2 months out. Microsoft well have ostensibly 13 MORE months to sella story of why this is better. Including an E3 cycle, and debuting game footage on the thing.

Confusion, maybe, but Sony didn't want to cannibalize sales.... While Microsoft decided it didn't give a shit because it has less to lose.
    Let's be honest. While the Scorpio has been announced, what we know, and what MS has shown has been little more than saber rattling for the hardcore loyalists. We really don't know what MS has planned other then giving console warriors a "great hope" for 2017 and they're still looking at the same issues that Sony is having with the Pro, being able to demonstrate the upgrade to people in a way that's understandable.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

I think it's safe to assume that MS is stepping up their game. They are basically doing a re-launch, and putting a forward compatible mindset into their user base. I think MS is doing a better job than Sony in that front because it's clear MS is seeing it as the next step, and not just some product to boost sales.

So, I prefer MS honest approach to the system relaunch than Sony's tepid approach.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RedRedSuit is online now Member

MS doesn't have any approach yet. What they have is a competitor-trolling announcement given far in advance. It gives the die-hard Xbox people some mental reprieve (look at Twitter... they clearly needed it) and sows doubt into people's minds for those that would buy PS4 Pro. That's not an attack: I would do exactly the same.

But there's no price, the 4K message has been muddled (is it for 4K sets only or not? what about VR?), the games lineup is unknown, and the specs aren't all that certain either. Sure, we can assume they'll put a huge amount of marketing into it compared to Sony, because (a) it's MS, and (b) they want to get their player base back (whereas Sony already has it). But beyond knowing that there will be tons of marketing and guessing as to MS's plans based on their position, there's very little we know about Scorpio -- which makes sense; it's a year+ away.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    MS doesn't have any approach yet. What they have is a competitor-trolling announcement given far in advance. It gives the die-hard Xbox people some mental reprieve (look at Twitter... they clearly needed it) and sows doubt into people's minds for those that would buy PS4 Pro. That's not an attack: I would do exactly the same.

But there's no price, the 4K message has been muddled (is it for 4K sets only or not? what about VR?), the games lineup is unknown, and the specs aren't all that certain either. Sure, we can assume they'll put a huge amount of marketing into it compared to Sony, because (a) it's MS, and (b) they want to get their player base back (whereas Sony already has it). But beyond knowing that there will be tons of marketing and guessing as to MS's plans based on their position, there's very little we know about Scorpio -- which makes sense; it's a year+ away.
    Really not confusing at all.. same business strategy as PS4 Pro, just more powerful to deliver native 4K instead of checkerboard stuff.

And if they trolled Sony, they also trolled themselves, in terms of cannibalizing 2016 sales.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast