Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 613
  1. #1
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,047

    Default Cuco33's thread of agenda

    Shit thread is still shit, and I didn't start it though..

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Two men enter, one man leaves. These are the rules of Thunderdome.

    One thread for reference, one thread for battle, two contestants for debate, and within this topic bind them.


    I feel it's time to start a thread dedicated to the battle between Cuco and Mich. I'll spend some time this weekend compiling most of the discussions from the past year, and place it within this thread. If someone wants to assist, that will help me greatly. My goal is to try and focus the discussion into one single thread and try to contain it from spreading into others.

    So, perhaps, we can direct all responses to this thread? Thanks.

    CD nailed it..
    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Well, you have basically set up a thread meant to attack a user. You can spin it anyway you want but you know it's pretty much Cuco vs Mich and the rest of his posse.
    Can't believe I went through 20+ pages to get to this, saw a bunch of on topic posts moved here. #rattled

    I laugh how we can't be on topic anymore, how we cherry pick what we can and can't talk about, how posts that are on topic are constantly met with rattled bs and moved here, how made up bs and silliness is OK but posting reality and facts backed by evidence is frowned upon, and how I get warned facing ban even for discussing current relevant on topic shit while derailed off topic fabricated bs continues to go on without issue. No bias here at all, nope! Hell off topic discussions are perfectly A OK with cheeseburger discussions even politics but something on topic?
    Didn't realize we've entered gamefaqs n4g level... shame!

    But congrats folks, bd2.com welcomes you!


    I remember a time when I thought it was a cool feature, and one I openly said I wasnt into, for head tracking with kinect in racers like Forza, and was flacked for it, all while getting chastized for 'imagining the possibilities'. But now sony has a similar (for view, and most likely better) vr tech for an ace combat game and we are to now get hypezed for 'imagine the possibilities'?

    We will just forget that a lot of the vr tech promos are using move controllers altogther though, cuz my guess is its now cool that sony does it

    EDIT: AMAZING TITLE CHANGE! No bias here at all, none whatsoever. This site is a joke of jokes now

    #modabuse
    #straightrattled
    Last edited by cuco33; 10-06-2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!
    #makesmackdowngreatagain

  2. #2
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    I remember a time when I thought it was a cool feature, and one I openly said I wasnt into, for head tracking with kinect in racers like Forza, and was flacked for it, all while getting chastized for 'imagining the possibilities'. But now sony has a similar (for view, and most likely better) vr tech for an ace combat game and we are to now get hypezed for 'imagine the possibilities'?

    We will just forget that a lot of the vr tech promos are using move controllers altogther though, cuz my guess is its now cool that sony does it

    There's not much to imagine with VR, people are already using it.
    I've tried OR several times, however I'm still not impressed.
    Avenging Kinect will be much harder than that
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  3. #3
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    There's not much to imagine with VR, people are already using it.
    I've tried OR several times, however I'm still not impressed.
    Avenging Kinect will be much harder than that
    And people were already using various head tracking tech for racing sims, and kinect head tracking was still chastized regardless of that point and long before it even released.
    But now we are all gung ho to imagine the possibilities!!
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!
    #makesmackdowngreatagain

  4. #4
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    And people were already using various head tracking tech for racing sims, and kinect head tracking was still chastized regardless of that point and long before it even released.
    But now we are all gung ho to imagine the possibilities!!
    So how did Kinect head tracking work out for you......
    Didnt GT5 have head tracking as well?
    Trying too hard
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  5. #5
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    So how did head tracking work out for you......
    Trying too hard
    I said it from the get go I wasn't the biggest fan of wearing head gear or goggles that existing tech at the time did and the best method for better visibility in racers was multiscreening. And when kinect head tracking launched with forza I openly admitted I still wasnt a fan even if it did a pretty decent job at it.

    Not trying hard at all. I know the possibilities then with kinect just as I do now with vr, but you wont see me chastizing one while hyping the other one

    Edit: GT did have head tracking and it wasnt inplimented too well. And still it wasnt championed then, rather downplayed in similar manner. I think only Dave and I actually spoke about either in a positive way. Dat VR doh!
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!
    #makesmackdowngreatagain

  6. #6
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    I said it from the get go I wasn't the biggest fan of wearing head gear or goggles that existing tech at the time did and the best method for better visibility in racers was multiscreening. And when kinect head tracking launched with forza I openly admitted I still wasnt a fan even if it did a pretty decent job at it.

    Not trying hard at all. I know the possibilities then with kinect just as I do now with vr, but you wont see me chastizing one while hyping the other one
    Example of who is chastising one while hyping the other one?
    The possibilities are indeed unknown, expectations needs to be in check.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  7. #7
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,350

    Default

    Again, I didn't chastize Natal. I was openly and publicly excited for it. cuco fails again. Retry.

    Then it was released and sucked.

    Regardless, they're not close to the same product, so being excited about one but not the other would make sense anyway. Ace Combat with Kinect would mean waving hands around. If not, if was just head tracking, the screen wouldn't turn with you anyway. With VR, the screen DOES turn with you which makes an obvious and huge difference. As for the control scheme, AC would obviously just use the controller, since it's perfect for flight games already. Move is irrelevant.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  8. #8
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,631

    Default

    Cuco's Recipe for Low-Cal, No Substance Hypocrisy


    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    I remember a time when I thought it was a cool feature, and one I openly said I wasnt into, for head tracking with kinect in racers like Forza,
    Step 1: Start with vague assertion about vague position held at vague point in time. "I seem to remember one time when stuff happened."

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    and was flacked for it,
    Step 2: Recite vague reaction - make sure not to mention what was said, the context in which it was said, or who said it. "When that stuff happened, some other things happened."

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    all while getting chastized for 'imagining the possibilities'.
    Step 3: Add a meaningless quantifier without a frame of reference, which is basically the same as saying "and stuff."

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    But now sony has a similar (for view, and most likely better) vr tech for an ace combat game and we are to now get hypezed for 'imagine the possibilities'?
    Step 4: After handwaving in Steps 1-3, drive it all home with an assertion of hypocrisy that doesn't fit (either due to poster, subject matter or context). "But now cuz Sony, totally different."


    Full Assertion: "I seem to remember one time when stuff happened. When that stuff happened, some other things happened, and stuff. But now cuz Sony, totally different."

    It's entirely devoid of specifics, and you're implying a certain poster (here, RRS) on the second stance of the hypocrisy (VR is now cool/hypez cuz Sony), but you haven't specified -anyone- on the initial stance of the hypocrisy. Did RRS initially crap on your headtracking? This doesn't work. Hypocrisy = one poster, same subject, one position initially, opposite position later under the same circumstances. You don't have anything remotely close to that here.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  9. #9
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,350

    Default

    Plus, in any case, it's entirely legitimate to be excited for one product but not another very different product, even if the two share one feature like head tracking. It's not hypocrisy.

    In addition, like you said, there's no evidence of anyone specific pooping on one but not the other. So it's just vague nonsense regardless.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  10. #10
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,047

    Default

    Sure seems like a lot of justifications to me!
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!
    #makesmackdowngreatagain

  11. #11
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Sure seems like a lot of justifications to me!
    It's actually just a single request that you complete your own arguments before hitting post (in other words, don't be lazy).

    Correctly asserting hypocrisy takes some actual effort - if you're feeling lazy, go with something else.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  12. #12
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    It's actually just a single request that you complete your own arguments before hitting post (in other words, don't be lazy).

    Correctly asserting hypocrisy takes some actual effort - if you're feeling lazy, go with something else.
    Are you telling me that no one on here ever spoke negatively about kinect forza head tracking??
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!
    #makesmackdowngreatagain

  13. #13
    weasl's Avatar
    weasl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    10,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Are you telling me that no one on here ever spoke negatively about kinect forza head tracking??
    That sounds stupid. There you go.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

  14. #14
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Are you telling me that no one on here ever spoke negatively about kinect forza head tracking??
    The burden of proof is on you to support your argument, not on others to debunk your unsupported argument. That's how it works.

    Again, additionally, VR is not just head tracking. It's head tracking where the screen moves with your head. That makes it in an obvious way much more immersive. You can look back around your shoulder to see where the enemy missile is... and you'd see it, instead of seeing your room's back wall.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  15. #15
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Maybe you'll be able to provide examples?
    Baseless accusations of hypocrisy are just that
    They arent baseless though...
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!
    #makesmackdowngreatagain

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1