Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 613
  1. #16
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    They arent baseless though...
    without examples, they sure are...
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  2. #17
    Favelle's Avatar
    Favelle is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Victoria, BC - Canada
    Posts
    18,155

    Default

    Samsung VR experiences:

    I Gave My Family A Taste Of VR For Christmas

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sha...mas,30825.html

    If thereís two things I can take away from this experience, itís that VR will succeed. We see regular comments from readers that donít believe that VR will be anything more than a fad, like 3D TVs ended up being, but I have a hard time believing those people have tried VR in any capacity. If an elderly man that has no interest in technology can be so impressed by this, you know it has serious potential.

    After showing more than a dozen family members a brief glimpse of virtual reality, itís easy to see how VR will be here for the long run. Market penetration will be slow at first, but as more and more people share the experience of virtual reality with friends and extended family, the more awareness will spread, and the more desire there will be for VR.

    I also learned that VR, despite what people likely believe, can definitely be a social activity, even with one person closed off in another world. It is genuinely fun to watch people experience virtual reality. I look forward to the coming months and years as VR breaks more and more into the consciousness of the general public. So many people have no idea what wonders await them.
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

  3. #18
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
    Samsung VR experiences:

    I Gave My Family A Taste Of VR For Christmas

    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sha...mas,30825.html
    That article is Wii waggle all over again. Just replace VR with waggle. "Even an old man liked it!" "It can be a socially engaging experience for the whole family!"

    To come full circle, we just need them to start giving these things away on the Ellen show (shit I should go google that to see if its already happened).

    Edit: holy shit, she already did http://www.ellentv.com/page/2015/11/...stagram-day-3/
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  4. #19
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    without examples, they sure are...
    We all know where this will lead... i post a few examples and it will be spun to infinity and beyond, justified why it doesnt actually count.
    I came across some posts already where some folks were smackdowning kinect for being 100 bucks by itself yet psvr is looking to be priced over 400.. and the external power source... i mean how many times have we heard about hddvd addon, power brick, external usb harddrive or any external module as being a bad thing? Kinect's a gimmick, psvr even with movemotes is not. Kinect has some features to extend visibility in games, like vr tech does (even if vr does it better) but somehow 1 is an oprah fad while the other one isnt at all. The list goes on man!

    I will continue to take my stance with vr as i did before with kinect, wii, move, etc. I WILL imagine the possibilities, even if I think vr tech wont take off and be limited to a handful of games that are built specifically for it or implimented to us it
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  5. #20
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    We all know where this will lead... i post a few examples and it will be spun to infinity and beyond, justified why it doesnt actually count.
    Cuco, if you're not willing (or are feeling too lazy) to actually call out hypocrisy along with all of the requisite components - then that's fine, and I doubt anyone is going to have a problem with it. What you can't do, instead then, is just throw out different vagueries and do your best to repackage them to look like hypocrisy.

    Almost all of the stuff in the spoiler below is a perfect example of exactly what doesn't work (you're putting on a clinic in failed assertions of hypocrisy) -- you and one other poster, specifically, have formed a terrible habit of this, this gen.

    Spoiler:
    I came across some posts already where some folks were smackdowning kinect for being 100 bucks by itself yet psvr is looking to be priced over 400.. and the external power source... i mean how many times have we heard about hddvd addon, power brick, external usb harddrive or any external module as being a bad thing? Kinect's a gimmick, psvr even with movemotes is not. Kinect has some features to extend visibility in games, like vr tech does (even if vr does it better) but somehow 1 is an oprah fad while the other one isnt at all. The list goes on man!


    I literally just pulled the Oprah argument, by the way, making this more ironic.

    In any event, if you're going to go through the effort of actually pulling together all the components needed to demonstrate hypocrisy, you need to find a different argument method.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  6. #21
    james's Avatar
    james is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    18,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    We all know where this will lead... i post a few examples and it will be spun to infinity and beyond, justified why it doesnt actually count.
    I came across some posts already where some folks were smackdowning kinect for being 100 bucks by itself yet psvr is looking to be priced over 400.. and the external power source... i mean how many times have we heard about hddvd addon, power brick, external usb harddrive or any external module as being a bad thing? Kinect's a gimmick, psvr even with movemotes is not. Kinect has some features to extend visibility in games, like vr tech does (even if vr does it better) but somehow 1 is an oprah fad while the other one isnt at all. The list goes on man!

    I will continue to take my stance with vr as i did before with kinect, wii, move, etc. I WILL imagine the possibilities, even if I think vr tech wont take off and be limited to a handful of games that are built specifically for it or implimented to us it
    VR could certainly be a fad and fail miserably. It is expensive. It is funky looking. It will probably have slow sales. Having an interest in the technological possibilities doesn't make those statements false. Who is saying these things aren't true and why is this Sony VR versus Kinect? There are plenty of other players in the VR space.

  7. #22
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    VR could certainly be a fad and fail miserably. It is expensive. It is funky looking. It will probably have slow sales. Having an interest in the technological possibilities doesn't make those statements false. Who is saying these things aren't true and why is this Sony VR versus Kinect? There are plenty of other players in the VR space.

    I think a couple people are hoping to use PSVR to avenge Kinect (although, other than both being peripherals, I don't see the connection, and all kinds of players in the market are trying their own VR push so I don't see a "Kinect vs PSVR" being a realistic debate).
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  8. #23
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    VR could certainly be a fad and fail miserably. It is expensive. It is funky looking. It will probably have slow sales. Having an interest in the technological possibilities doesn't make those statements false. Who is saying these things aren't true and why is this Sony VR versus Kinect? There are plenty of other players in the VR space.
    Sony VR with ace combat has good potential due to visability in game. Kinect forza head tracking has similar good visability in game. Kinect was trashed as being an expensive oprah gimmick that isnt accurate nor good for gaming. Sony vr is praised for the awesomeness. For the record, I pointed to existing head tracking for pc sims at the time kinect head tracking was being thrashed. I even admitted I got into kinect for wanting to try it out with forza 4, and was impressed but not my thing.

    I also dont think that occulus will take off just as any vr tech. I could be wrong, and i get that i am imagining the possibilities because i dont have blinders on
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  9. #24
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Sony VR with ace combat has good potential due to visability in game. Kinect forza head tracking has similar good visability in game. Kinect was trashed as being an expensive oprah gimmick that isnt accurate nor good for gaming. Sony vr is praised for the awesomeness.
    Care to explain, or are you going to just settle for the zero points awarded to this one?

    I mean, if you actually spent to the time to make your own argument and look into things, I'd think you might find someone holding somewhat opposing stances -- but you and I supposing that outcome doesn't make it so, and until then, your argument doesn't hold water.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  10. #25
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Care to explain, or are you going to just settle for the zero points awarded to this one?

    I mean, if you actually spent to the time to make your own argument and look into things, I'd think you might find someone holding somewhat opposing stances -- but you and I supposing that outcome doesn't make it so, and until then, your argument doesn't hold water.
    Explain what? PSVR is going to be expensive (min $400), have an external brick required to use, be limited on games it can be used with, have movemotes as a control input for games (not all obviously), have games 'patched' to work or implimented to work with, and many consider it a fad and a gimmick. Sounds a lot like kinect3.0! But i suppose it bearing the Sony brand means its awesomesawce? Cuz damn its like flip flop city yall!

    Yes, I am partaking in smackdown jollies
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Explain what? PSVR is going to be expensive (min $400),
    Assumption.

    have an external brick required to use
    Irrelevant.

    be limited on games it can be used with
    Assumption.

    have movemotes as a control input for games (not all obviously)
    Assumption and/or irrelevant.

    have games 'patched' to work or implimented to work with
    Irrelevant.

    and many consider it a fad and a gimmick.
    Irrelevant.

    Sounds a lot like kinect3.0!
    Jumping to conclusion.

    But i suppose it bearing the Sony brand means its awesomesawce?
    Fanboy statement.

    Cuz damn its like flip flop city yall!
    Baseless accusation.

    Yes, I am partaking in smackdown jollies
    Poorly.
    Great quotes on the internet:

    I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

  12. #27
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Sony VR with ace combat has good potential due to visability in game. Kinect forza head tracking has similar good visability in game. Kinect was trashed as being an expensive oprah gimmick that isnt accurate nor good for gaming. Sony vr is praised for the awesomeness.
    I've already rebutted this, twice, and Badger has from another angle, twice. Here is how you fail.

    1. Kinect with head tracking in Forza IS NOT THE SAME as VR with head tracking in a similar game. As I already posted, twice: If I turn my head 90 degrees with Kinect, the screen doesn't move... so I'll see my left wall. With VR, the screen moves with you, so you see what is to your left in the game. That is a HUGE difference in immersion. One is a small gimmick. The other puts you inside the world of the game.

    So they aren't the same, therefore you cannot claim hypocrisy, as that is idiotic.

    I mean, honestly. Your argument rests on the assertion that Kinect and VR are similar. They're not, cuco. Neither one consists of just "head tracking." Hell, VR is a way different thing than Kinect without even turning your head. You have peripheral vision with VR! So head tracking is not even necessary to make the huge distinction.

    Kinect is a control method.

    VR is a display method.

    Your argument is just, simply, stupid.

    2. The person you are clearly attacking for seeing potential in AC 7 with VR is me, RedRedSuit. I know this because (1) I am the one who actually spoke about that positively, and (2) I am your holy grail, the one you've wanted to bring down with zero success all these years.

    Therefore, to show evidence of hypocrisy, you'd have to show that I also spoke negatively of Kinect head tracking for Forza. You are attacking me for potentially liking AC 7 with VR, so you'd have to find also me doing the opposite with Kinect head tracking in Forza.

    There are two ways in which you will have failed.

    A. I didn't talk shit about Kinect head tracking in Forza; and I was publicly and repeatedly excited about Natal in general, before it was released and turned out to be shit for the Oprah crowd. Even with the latter, I never talked shit about Kinect head tracking in Forza.

    In order to show that I did, you'd have to quote that post.

    B. EVEN IF YOU COULD AND DID find these posts (and you haven't, and you won't), you would still fail, because of point 1 above: head tracking with a stationary screen is a far cry from from head tracking with 360 degree vision with VR.

    You are bad at this.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  13. #28
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    Oh yeah! Indy multiquoted response!!! Totally did not see that coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    Assumption.
    It is an assumption, but one based on what the Sony CEO said just a few months ago that the PSVR will be similarly priced like a new console launch. So $400 min is a realistic assumption, and being Sony and how they handled the Move I could EASILY see this being 'minimum entry costs $400 but if you want the whole experience that we promote then it'll be a lot more expensive'
    Sorry, I keep forgetting that we aren't to trust the words that Sony themselves say....

    Irrelevant.
    How is having a connected box irrelevant? We've been hearing it for years how shitty it is to have power bricks on x360s/XOs, how crappy it was to have the hddvd addon, how poor it is to have a usb external hard drive, and whatever else. Now this is irrelevant?? Ha!!

    Assumption.
    Limited in games it can be used with is an assumption but the worse assumption is that PSVR would work on every game out there. This falls in line with 3D, some games natively supported it or were patched to support it but the bulk of them did not at all. The same will happen with PSVR.


    Assumption and/or irrelevant.
    Using movemotes is an assumption? Then why is Sony promoting PSVR with them? Is this part of the 'we don't believe what Sony themselves say' stance?
    I guess waggle is cool if Sony VRs it?


    Irrelevant.
    Look at 3D last gen. Some games that were out already got the 3D patch. Same can easily apply to PS4 titles that are out already. Resources would be spent to patch them. I recall this being a problem elsewhere but with PSVR it's all good in the hood? Would you rather Sony and devs focus on new games or patch VR in with existing games? Maybe I'm just not a fan of VR in general and most games out now would do nothing to patch VR in so I see it as a complete waste

    Irrelevant.
    Completely relevant broski!! VR is the new thing. It can be a bust and be considered a flop/fad or it can take off and be the next big thing. On this very site we have a mix of this so it isn't irrelevant either. Kinect, Wii fads, but anything that Sony does isn't as per Indy

    Jumping to conclusion.
    I mean VR isn't Kinect 3.0 but there sure are a ton of similarities even if the tech differs greatly!

    Fanboy statement.
    It's got the Sony logo on it, of course it's awesome!!
    #amidoinitright?

    Baseless accusation.
    Well, being that the MS similarities that I already mentioned were slammed, for years even, and PSVR brings them to light with similarities, it's kind of hard to argue against this point cuz Sony does no wrong brah! :P

    Poorly.
    I actually think I did a pretty good job there
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  14. #29
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    I've already rebutted this, twice, and Badger has from another angle, twice. Here is how you fail.

    1. Kinect with head tracking in Forza IS NOT THE SAME as VR with head tracking in a similar game. As I already posted, twice: If I turn my head 90 degrees with Kinect, the screen doesn't move... so I'll see my left wall. With VR, the screen moves with you, so you see what is to your left in the game. That is a HUGE difference in immersion. One is a small gimmick. The other puts you inside the world of the game.

    So they aren't the same, therefore you cannot claim hypocrisy, as that is idiotic.

    I mean, honestly. Your argument rests on the assertion that Kinect and VR are similar. They're not, cuco. Neither one consists of just "head tracking." Hell, VR is a way different thing than Kinect without even turning your head. You have peripheral vision with VR! So head tracking is not even necessary to make the huge distinction.

    Kinect is a control method.

    VR is a display method.

    Your argument is just, simply, stupid.

    2. The person you are clearly attacking for seeing potential in AC 7 with VR is me, RedRedSuit. I know this because (1) I am the one who actually spoke about that positively, and (2) I am your holy grail, the one you've wanted to bring down with zero success all these years.

    Therefore, to show evidence of hypocrisy, you'd have to show that I also spoke negatively of Kinect head tracking for Forza. You are attacking me for potentially liking AC 7 with VR, so you'd have to find also me doing the opposite with Kinect head tracking in Forza.

    There are two ways in which you will have failed.

    A. I didn't talk shit about Kinect head tracking in Forza; and I was publicly and repeatedly excited about Natal in general, before it was released and turned out to be shit for the Oprah crowd. Even with the latter, I never talked shit about Kinect head tracking in Forza.

    In order to show that I did, you'd have to quote that post.

    B. EVEN IF YOU COULD AND DID find these posts (and you haven't, and you won't), you would still fail, because of point 1 above: head tracking with a stationary screen is a far cry from from head tracking with 360 degree vision with VR.

    You are bad at this.
    Hot damn red is shooktzed!!

    1st off I wasn't singling you out over this because similar is true across a couple of you chronez but yes I did use your Ace Combat example as a good one for one of my points. In AC games you have the full cockpit view that VR would work very well with but in racing games like my Kinect head tracking example in Forza you only need to look left and right. Wheel users today cannot view side to side or into a corner because wheels don't have the 2nd analog stick that pad users have. There actually was a need for this, albeit most likely barely used and probably why MS/T10 dropped it altogether. You don't fully turn your head to the right to see the wall on the right in Forza, your input is only a small head turn where your eyes are still focused on the screen. This is a common misconception that many on here think somehow to fully look to the right you have to turn your head fully to the right, but note that this is EXACTLY how the PC sims with head tracking works. So no, you are wrong here.
    The point though is that you are all uber excited over VR with AC because you can have better range of visibility. Let's face it, this is all that VR AC will bring.. and it is the exact same thing with Kinect/Forza was pointed out like I did again and somehow you don't see the connection. I could, but I won't, quote you and mich and badger and many others who continuously thrashed kinect and any argument I made over it, especially over head tracking, and now some of you have mini erections over imagining the possibilities with PSVR. I'm sorry, I keep laughing at this... And I 110% get that the tech is completely different but there are actual similarities, some of which I pointed out already. When Sony does it though... we CAN imagine the possibilities!!

    We get it though, Kinect and Wii are pure fads and oprah gimmicks and PSVR, especially with Move, is totally the tits!

    You are my holy grail? BAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA BRO!!! PLEASE!! Don't flatter yourself.. that is total sig worthy BTW, not gonna lie. I put you in the same box as all the other cronies on here. Maybe a bit different as each of you are your own person and have your own traits but let's not kid ourselves here Mr Holy Grail!!
    Love your point B. that gives you the out ahead of any response I would have made lmao

    I suppose since Sony ain't got no games that PSVR with the waggle is the new 2016 hit!
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  15. #30
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    I could, but I won't, quote you and mich and badger and many others who continuously thrashed kinect and any argument I made over it, especially over head tracking, and now some of you have mini erections over imagining the possibilities with PSVR.
    You'll need to dial it back a bit cuco; I suggest you go look up my obvious stance on VR. Another rule of asserting hypocrisy is that, if you're going to do so, you actually have to know what someone's positions are (hint: I'm not a proponent of PSVR; I've been quite the opposite).

    This sort of laziness, where you just lob anyone and anything you can think of into a paragraph only hurts your the credibility of your argument. It's really just very, very lazy.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1