Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 155
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Nintendo copying Atari and Sega?
    Aren't the Atari and Sega ones licensed and not actually put out by them? I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure they are made by a third party unlike this device.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  2. #17
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Aren't the Atari and Sega ones licensed and not actually put out by them? I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure they are made by a third party unlike this device.
    there's been several iterations of the Atari but you're right, it wasn't produced by Atari (former emplyee though)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Flashback

    it appears ATgames made the Sega and even colecovision unit as well
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  3. #18
    Badger3920's Avatar
    Badger3920 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    23,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I'm off my game today....
    CD didn't know what he was talking about when he was agreeing with what HD was talking about when he was mocking what RRS was talking about
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

  4. #19
    Bane's Avatar
    Bane is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A city of justice, a city of love.
    Posts
    17,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Super C instead of Contra though? WTF.
    Double Dragon 2 instead of the original?!
    Something's up with Contra, it's never appeared on the VC either. Double Dragon is a bit baffling though as it's on both VCs. Castlevania 3 is another big hole in an otherwise great lineup.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    CD didn't know what he was talking about when he was agreeing with what HD was talking about when he was mocking what RRS was talking about
    CD knows what Badger is talking about when he says that CD didn't know what HD was talking about when RRS was talking about something CD knew but didn't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Something's up with Contra, it's never appeared on the VC either. Double Dragon is a bit baffling though as it's on both VCs. Castlevania 3 is another big hole in an otherwise great lineup.
    Yeah, that is indeed a big hole. Castlevania 3 is my favorite of the 3 original NES castlevania's.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  6. #21
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    Pretty cool but a Raspberry Pi setup would be better
    Agreed. You can get a "plug and play" retropie on ebay with almost every nes/snes/genesis/megadrive/atari game installed and 2 snes controllers for $80.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  7. #22
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    Agreed. You can get a "plug and play" retropie on ebay with almost every nes/snes/genesis/megadrive/atari game installed and 2 snes controllers for $80.
    It's also illegal.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    It's also illegal.
    Not in CD land.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  9. #24
    Bane's Avatar
    Bane is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A city of justice, a city of love.
    Posts
    17,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    Agreed. You can get a "plug and play" retropie on ebay with almost every nes/snes/genesis/megadrive/atari game installed and 2 snes controllers for $80.
    Yes, but the people this is targeting don't know or care about any of that.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

  10. #25
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Not in CD land.
    Right.

    Look, we know who this is marketed to. Personally, I think it's neat, and I enjoy opportunities to give money to things that I'd like to support.

    Yes, I emulate, but I try to obtain the originals of things that I like. I'm still the guy that buys Cds, Vinyls and Digital Downloads of music that I like. Piracy requires more work than I care to put in. Granted, this isn't always true. NES emulation and whatnot is rather simple. However, obtaining some of the files for Dolphin is hard and time consuming.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Right.

    Look, we know who this is marketed to. Personally, I think it's neat, and I enjoy opportunities to give money to things that I'd like to support.

    Yes, I emulate, but I try to obtain the originals of things that I like. I'm still the guy that buys Cds, Vinyls and Digital Downloads of music that I like. Piracy requires more work than I care to put in. Granted, this isn't always true. NES emulation and whatnot is rather simple. However, obtaining some of the files for Dolphin is hard and time consuming.
    The word on the street is some despicable lizard in Maine purchased a GPD XD last week and loaded a ton of old games onto it. His impressions, although wretched, were very positive about the device.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  12. #27
    Krawk's Avatar
    Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    10,318

    Default

    Because... Pokemon, we're relaunching a classic system (which by the way does not include any Pokemon games because they were Gameboy or N64 or above based.)
    Like mich says, Sega or Atari, should not sell for more that $50 tops.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

  13. #28
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,046

    Default

    Nintendo has a stronger library.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  14. #29
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,180

    Default

    Goes without saying that to emulate you should buy the games in some form. It may be illegal but isn't immoral.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Goes without saying that to emulate you should buy the games in some form. It may be illegal but isn't immoral.
    I actually know a guy who had his house raided by SWAT because he was playing an illegal rom of Super Mario Bros on his PC. True story.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1