View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

7 58.33%
  • Yes, they’ll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

4 33.33%
  • Yes, they’ll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

1 8.33%
Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1438
    RM
    RM is online now Member

*a wild Indy appears*

Hey man - come back and join us! Your enthusiasm is greatly missed!
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Boston007 is offline Member

Wow Indy returns. Welcome back

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    You guys claiming we are near the end of the console generation, what are you expecting of PS5? Surly, it will just be a more evolved AMD APU with more RAM. Unless they tie it to some kind of gimmick (motion, VR, portable, etc.) isn’t PS5 just going to be another Pro/XBX with different branding?

PS. Had a post lost to admin bug..
    I've been losing posts to the admin bug too.

I'm not expecting a lot more of PS5 than a hardware update, wild marketing push, and slew of launch exclusives. But the titles will be for a new-gen, not necessarily cross-gen support, etc. I understand that the distinction is making less and less of a difference because we aren't really doing new console architectures anymore, but even with that, I'd much rather own the console from the next gen than buy a $500 version of a console at the end of its gen (Nintendo, which seems to be doing its own gens at this point, has already moved on to its next gen kit - Sony probably does so too before too long).

That said, consoles have been training all of us and I've decidedly picked up the lessons.

-Last gen taught me to never want a game at launch. You'll pay the highest price to play the buggiest version of the game, with the least available content.

-This gen taught me to never want want a launch SKU of a next-gen console. That's the complete sucker's console (janitor SKU for max price with shittiest library). You'll do much better to wait a year or two and buy the slim or the refresh - the library most likely wont be compelling until at least then (if not longer) anyway.

The obvious way to do consoles to me now, outside of something being released at launch that you absolutely have to play based on personal impulse, is to buy-in about 2-2.5 years into the gen, getting a better version of the console at a reduced price, and buy the 3 or 4 exclusives in the library that I've missed and are must-play titles.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

hdinred is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    A PS5 wouldn't be tied to an existing console generation, thus meaning it would actually take advantage of its hardware instead of being a current-gen experience that just makes current-gen games look nice(r).
    So, something like a 16 core CPU (and/or other CPU enhancements) that can do AI & simulation not possible on PS4? That might be the right answer in defining a new generation, but it would take guts to cut off from the install base and start over again.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

More posting bugs.. getting really bad..

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

Time to start making posts in a word processor and cutting and pasting into the forum, I guess. Although I haven't been hit with this bug. Yet.

weasl is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    That said, consoles have been training all of us and I've decidedly picked up the lessons.

-Last gen taught me to never want a game at launch. You'll pay the highest price to play the buggiest version of the game, with the least available content.

-This gen taught me to never want want a launch SKU of a next-gen console. That's the complete sucker's console (janitor SKU for max price with shittiest library). You'll do much better to wait a year or two and buy the slim or the refresh - the library most likely wont be compelling until at least then (if not longer) anyway.
    Welcome to the world that PC gamers have always lived in.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

RedRedSuit is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Time to start making posts in a word processor and cutting and pasting into the forum, I guess. Although I haven't been hit with this bug. Yet.
    I don't want to nag, but again, pro-tip:

Before submitting anything to the internet, Ctrl-C it first. It should be an automatic habit.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    I don't want to nag, but again, pro-tip:

Before submitting anything to the internet, Ctrl-C it first. It should be an automatic habit.
    I did that.. trying to repost gave me a duplicate error.. then I made a small change, got the admin bug again!

Makes sense economically, but many people (like me) anticipate games months before they launch.. can't wait for launch day..

Same principle as above. Besides, imagine having bought Titanfall 1 & Destiny 1 on 360.. now what? This rule changes somewhat with a mid-gen refresh due to forward compatibility.

The obvious way to do consoles to me now, outside of something being released at launch that you absolutely have to play based on personal impulse, is to buy-in about 2-2.5 years into the gen, getting a better version of the console at a reduced price, and buy the 3 or 4 exclusives in the library that I've missed and are must-play titles.
    This is only entertainment after all. Some people want to see the new Star Wars at midnight launch, others will see it months later at the dollar show..

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    This is only entertainment after all. Some people want to see the new Star Wars at midnight launch, others will see it months later at the dollar show..
    Ultimately, it does boil down to just this. It's entertainment, not some kind of investment where you have to make sure the return ensures profitability within an acceptable time frame. I don't expect everyone to jump out and buy the latest William Gibson novel when it releases on day one, but I'm a fan, so it's worth it to me. In the same way, I'm sure some people here could not fathom how I could not possibly be excited to dine in one of New York or San Francisco's finest restobars, but for some people, that dining experience is worth any amount of effort and expense, whereas to me, I'm fine with satisfying a craving for a burger at A&W with the root beer in a frosted mug.

We're all going to find different value propositions in what's worth it for our entertainment dollars. I get hdinred and totally understand that enthusiasm for wanting to play a game you've been waiting for the moment it's out. Persona 5 took FOREVER to come out, but when it did, my God, that was worth it to play when it unlocked at midnight. No regrets whatsoever.

Ultimately, it does boil down to just this. It's entertainment, not some kind of investment where you have to make sure the return ensures profitability within an acceptable time frame. I don't expect everyone to jump out and buy the latest William Gibson novel when it releases on day one, but I'm a fan, so it's worth it to me. In the same way, I'm sure some people here could not fathom how I could not possibly be excited to dine in one of New York or San Francisco's finest restobars, but for some people, that dining experience is worth any amount of effort and expense, whereas to me, I'm fine with satisfying a craving for a burger at A&W with the root beer in a frosted mug.

We're all going to find different value propositions in what's worth it for our entertainment dollars. I get hdinred and totally understand that enthusiasm for wanting to play a game you've been waiting for the moment it's out. Persona 5 took FOREVER to come out, but when it did, my God, that was worth it to play when it unlocked at midnight. No regrets whatsoever.
    I think it just boils down to what gives you enjoyment, if gaming isn't a big part of your life obviously you would wait for sales, and not want to jump on new releases. There's really no need to justify your reasons to yourself or to always do the same thing.

I feel a lot of what Badger is saying is just to justify his waning interest in games and blame it on a third party but it does get a bit old. I mean I don't have a spiel about why I stopped watching TV and movies, and I don't feel the need to say everything is shit just because my interest isn't there.

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I feel a lot of what Badger is saying is just to justify his waning interest in games and blame it on a third party but it does get a bit old.
    Or, it's entirely possible that shit just sucks.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Or, it's entirely possible that shit just sucks.
    Or maybe people see things in black and white and only think of phenomenal games as good, and everything else is shit even if they haven't played it. Their are plenty of games that hold value as an experience that people disregard. I mean hell at this point the PS4 already has a comparable number of 80+ games on metacritic as both the PS3 and 360.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Or maybe people see things in black and white and only think of phenomenal games as good, and everything else is shit even if they haven't played it. Their are plenty of games that hold value as an experience that people disregard.
    Yep, I agree. Not trying to crap on Badger, but saying this generation sucks does feel like an excuse for someone who's just losing interest in games. There's more diversity and selection available today than there ever has been - especially for people with decent gaming PCs. No matter what type of games you're into, they're out there on offer if you simply take the time to find them.

If you're sick of the most popular types of games, then it's on you to go step outside of your comfort zone and try something different. I don't know anyone who has done a solid dive into every genre of game out there. People (myself included), tend to stick to what they know.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast