View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

8 61.54%
  • Yes, they’ll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

4 30.77%
  • Yes, they’ll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

1 7.69%
Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Tons of "WTF" and "Sure glad I bought a gaming PC this year" type comments in there. It really has paid to own a PC this gen; I have no idea what these guys are doing and I don't think they do either.
    I wish I could feel satisfied with PC gaming again.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I wish I could feel satisfied with PC gaming again.
    Sure, satisfaction is all relative. PC gaming is expensive - no way around it. But then again, I didn't buy a PS4 and I won't buy a Pro. With the way this generation has gone, I'd do it all again. All up to preference, but I'd rather spend $1,000 on a PC than $800 on two different PS4's this gen (I won't have spent $1,000; more like $700 in upgrade tax, offset by $200 in selling used parts). I'm getting the slow trickle of xbone exclusives, and my PS4 is waiting on sony to figure theirs out, and I'm now free of the garbo gaming subscription fees to boot.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    Multiplayer games must run at same frame-rate on both systems, so as not to give one set of players an advantage.
    Fair enough but they should run at same resolution also to not give an advantage
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

bruceames is offline Member

I never would have believed that it could come down to this. Seriously, it's Microsoft instead of Sony that will be selling millions of UHD BD-enable players to help give the new format a jump-start? Wow, I bet the typical MS hating on this board will be at an all-time low the next few months at least, lol.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
    I never would have believed that it could come down to this. Seriously, it's Microsoft instead of Sony that will be selling millions of UHD BD-enable players to help give the new format a jump-start? Wow, I bet the typical MS hating on this board will be at an all-time low the next few months at least, lol.
    Only a couple of people here care about UHD BD these days, so it means very little in practical terms. It's great from an irony standpoint though.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

It's funny that Sony says they are going to update the original PS4's to support HDR yet Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming require HDMI 2.0a connections to display HDR, which of course the launch units don't have (which is why the Xbox One didn't update originals to HDR).
    I mean yeah, it will display any games that support HDR but most people are going to want to use it for movies/tv shows, especially if they are invested in a 4K tv (which are the only tv's that display HDR).

Seems like Sony would have been better off waiting until next year and launching something more in line with the Scorpio.

Then again, the cronies on multiple other forums are already talking about how 4.2tf is "enough" and that Scorpio will be too expensive and blah blah. Anything to back up their Sony agenda!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Badger3920 is offline Member

Whatevs, 1080p is good enough. I also am looking forward to my new exercise program where I walk to and from my janitor-version PS4 several times a day to swap out disc 5 for disc 6 of my Mass Effect trilogy remake; I don't need it all on one disc, I like swapping discs!!!
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

hdinred is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    It's funny that Sony says they are going to update the original PS4's to support HDR yet Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming require HDMI 2.0a connections to display HDR, which of course the launch units don't have (which is why the Xbox One didn't update originals to HDR).
    I mean yeah, it will display any games that support HDR but most people are going to want to use it for movies/tv shows, especially if they are invested in a 4K tv (which are the only tv's that display HDR).
    Yeah, it makes no sense.. seems like more of a way to add a bullet-point than offer any viable functionality.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

RM
    RM is online now Member

Didn't the same thing happen with 3D on the PS3? The HDMI spec sidn't support the 3D standard, so they made some fake version of 3D that was custom to that console?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Krawk is online now Super-Duper Mod

It's funny that Sony says they are going to update the original PS4's to support HDR yet Amazon streaming and Netflix streaming require HDMI 2.0a connections to display HDR, which of course the launch units don't have
    To play copyrighted material they require you to have HDMI 2.0a but to do HDR not so much.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    To play copyrighted material they require you to have HDMI 2.0a but to do HDR not so much.
    Well, to play any streaming movie with HDR requires it.
    Like I said, games. That's about it.
    Lame.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

weasl is offline Member

Sounds like the Pro is supporting supersampling, good news for people not making the jump to 4k TV.

weasl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Sure, satisfaction is all relative. PC gaming is expensive - no way around it. But then again, I didn't buy a PS4 and I won't buy a Pro. With the way this generation has gone, I'd do it all again. All up to preference, but I'd rather spend $1,000 on a PC than $800 on two different PS4's this gen (I won't have spent $1,000; more like $700 in upgrade tax, offset by $200 in selling used parts). I'm getting the slow trickle of xbone exclusives, and my PS4 is waiting on sony to figure theirs out, and I'm now free of the garbo gaming subscription fees to boot.
    On one side it's the cost, but really it boils down to the games. I'd have to own a PS4 to play it's exclusives so in the end it really just boils down to if the cost value of going full on PC gaming again just for higher res multi-plats.

The Pro is cheap enough that I'll bite, I actually have a history of buying mid console refreshes (Slim and Elite last gen) so the prospect of a more powerful version for an extra 100 works. Lack of UHD is a pisser, but I've fallen out of purchasing blu-rays so I can't say it even will have an affect at this point.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Digital media makes UHD redudant.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    personally I would rather have a $400 console do both than have to have a $400 console and $400 UHD player sitting under my TV
    If you're in the "UHD world" then Oppo and that brand level of video is your interest too. I doubt Sony or MS can come up with a player that satisfies that.

I did not like using my PS3 as a Blu Ray player. It did a solid job for a long time, but I was actively looking for a replacement. Eventually settled on the Panasonic BD-500 or whatever. Much better player. Though, I'm eying an Oppo, but will probably hold for 4K.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast