View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

8 61.54%
  • Yes, they’ll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

4 30.77%
  • Yes, they’ll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    james is offline Member

June 13th will be a day long remembered. It will see the death of your spec advantage, and will soon see the end of the PlayStation fanboy.
    Lol, at your signature. You have been in this game long enough to know that spec advantages are transient and fanboys aren't going anywhere. I applaud MS for appearing to return to the philosphy that made me loyal to their brand originally, though.

hdinred is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Lol, at your signature. You have been in this game long enough to know that spec advantages are transient and fanboys aren't going anywhere. I applaud MS for appearing to return to the philosphy that made me loyal to their brand originally, though.
    Just meant to be fun in a smackdown sort of way.. But seriously, start repenting now and we might let you back in when Scorpio is released.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

JAC35 is offline Member

No they will go as is. They are ahead and can afford to take the wait and see approach.
    Blu-ray Player w/ Harmony Adapter
    Toshiba HD-A32.5
    + Win7 Home Premium HTPC
    Panasonic Plasma TC-P54G10
    Panasonic SA-BX500 Receiver
    SVS 5.1 inc. SVS PB12-NSD Sub

Quote Originally Posted by JAC35 View Post
    No they will go as is. They are ahead and can afford to take the wait and see approach.
    Umm.. they are making the first move and are ahead of MS on the upgrade path.. not exactly "the wait and see approach"

The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

RM
    RM is offline Member

Seemed odd that they said it wouldn't be shown at E3. When I saw you guys talking about the Scorpio specs, it made sense. Sounds like they got some intel ahead of time and are going back to the drawing board again to bump the specs up further if they can. While specs aren't everything, I would imagine most of the testing that's being done is on the software side, and not so much the hardware. I would also imagine if they are launching this holiday, they'll be starting manufacturing around August/September? That would mean they need the specs finalized by late July or early August, so they've got time if they are retooling.

Exciting stuff from both camps. I wish the PC had this much competition.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    I would also imagine if they are launching this holiday, they'll be starting manufacturing around August/September? That would mean they need the specs finalized by late July or early August, so they've got time if they are retooling.
    PS4K is based on the RX480 and anything other than clock speeds would certainly delay them well into next year. (according to digital foundry)

Bane is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Seemed odd that they said it wouldn't be shown at E3. When I saw you guys talking about the Scorpio specs, it made sense. Sounds like they got some intel ahead of time and are going back to the drawing board again to bump the specs up further if they can. While specs aren't everything, I would imagine most of the testing that's being done is on the software side, and not so much the hardware. I would also imagine if they are launching this holiday, they'll be starting manufacturing around August/September? That would mean they need the specs finalized by late July or early August, so they've got time if they are retooling.

Exciting stuff from both camps. I wish the PC had this much competition.
    It's an exec speaking so grain of salt but, Andy House said in an interview he was surprised MS announced it. He also talked about how they want to approach things like Apple now, announce hardware shortly before release, so it's possible it still comes out this year?
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

DaveS1138 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
    PS4K is based on the RX480 and anything other than clock speeds would certainly delay them well into next year. (according to digital foundry)
    Would they care?
    Another year of dominating the XBox one then still beating the Scorpio to market with a identical spec.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    Would they care?
    Another year of dominating the XBox one then still beating the Scorpio to market with a identical spec.
    Highlighted the key word for you hehehe

Would they care?
    So, you think Sony should scrap NEO, copy Scorpio's hardware and bring it to the market sooner?

weasl is offline Member

Would they care?
    What are you talking about, the slim will have 4k blu-ray support that's a total victory for the Xbox and it will steamroll into next year .
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

weasl is offline Member

So, you think Sony should scrap NEO, copy Scorpio's hardware and bring it to the market sooner?
    What makes you think that random leaked specs = the only specs? They've probably designed multiple consoles up until this point with different price points to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    What makes you think that random leaked specs = the only specs? They've probably designed multiple consoles up until this point with different price points to pick from.
    Perhaps. I voted that they will change specs (thinking up-clocks), so obviously I think it's possible. On the other hand, everything else about the leak seems to have been true, which means dev kits and documentation have been sent out and those are the specs.

weasl is offline Member

Perhaps. I voted that they will change specs (thinking up-clocks), so obviously I think it's possible. On the other hand, everything else about the leak seems to have been true, which means dev kits and documentation have been sent out and those are the specs.
    Dev kits don't even have retail specs in them so.. Honestly I think the Neo is more like what they had planned inline with the Slim not the Scorpio, but I do think there's a chance that they'll have a reworked console to compete with the Scorpio if they're smart. I wouldn't be surprised to see both a reworked slim neo model at the current price point and a full fledged scorpio competitor.

DaveS1138 is online now Member

Personally I don't think either one of them should be bringing out a new console yet.

But Sony are in the dominant position. They don't need an upgrade as urgently as Microsoft do. And since Microsoft have shown their hand already why wouldn't Sony just take some more time and match them for spec? With how well the PS4 is selling why would they need to rush?
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast