View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

    8 61.54%
  • Yes, they’ll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

    4 30.77%
  • Yes, they’ll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

    1 7.69%
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1702
  1. #1666
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post

    Is this trolling again?
    Nope. Crysis 3 was certainly the best in the series.

    Not that those games were that great - they were B-grade shooters with halariously over the top tech behind them. But of those three (and a half) mediocre games, 3 was the best.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  2. #1667
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,472

    Default

    Live by the troll, die by the troll...
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  3. #1668
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Also, Star Wars and Metal Gear are terrible.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  4. #1669
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Also, Star Wars and Metal Gear are terrible.
    Disney is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars in my lifetime.

    Oh, and the MCU is the worst thing to happen to film in my lifetime.

    Oh, Oh, and MGS 2 is the worst thing to happen to gaming in my lifetime.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  5. #1670
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Corydon, IN
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Disney is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars in my lifetime.

    Oh, and the MCU is the worst thing to happen to film in my lifetime.

    Oh, Oh, and MGS 2 is the worst thing to happen to gaming in my lifetime.
    So you don't want a Star Wars movie a year for the next 20 years, or an origin story for characters that never needed a back story to begin with?!?

  6. #1671
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Also, the Xbox One X seems very able to do regular ass Xbox One games at 4K...


    But neither the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X boosted the CPU enough to even be able to push games into a new generation territory. I find that interesting.

    An Xbox One X "only" game may not be all that more impressive from any standpoint other than frame rate and resolution.

    It seems like Microsoft and Sony intentionally left that restriction in to level the playing field between their respective consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    It will upscale unpatched games to 4k and any game with dynamic resolution will cap out (like Titanfall 2 does at 4k 60fps). That said if the dynamic resolution max is set to 1080p that will be the max resolution. The majority of games use a fixed resolution and while you won't see improved visuals you'll see maxed out framerates. And yes a previously 800p game running at 4k is pretty noticeable.

    Mostly the XBX is going to need custom made versions of games to actually shine, much like the PS4 Pro.
    Unpatched Xbox One (& 360, & OG Xbox) games have access to about 3TF of the GPU. So they should run at max frame-rate and max dynamic resolution if applicable.

    The excess RAM is used as a ram-drive, so that plus the faster RAM/CPU/Hard drive should lead to much faster loading times.

    Also, all XB1 games are locked into 16X AF (anisotropic filtering).
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  7. #1672
    hdinred's Avatar
    hdinred is online now Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Disney is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars in my lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by themisfit138 View Post
    So you don't want a Star Wars movie a year for the next 20 years, or an origin story for characters that never needed a back story to begin with?!?
    I'd be fine with more Rogue Ones and less direct squeals.. TFA wasn't bad, just a low risk rehash in too many ways..
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One – The Leader in 4K Entertainment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

  8. #1673
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    I suspect at dynamic resolutions though an unpathched game won't go above 1080p.

  9. #1674
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Disney is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars in my lifetime.
    I haven't seen any of the new stuff, but I can't imagine it was worse than the prequels. OMFG those were so terrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Oh, and the MCU is the worst thing to happen to film in my lifetime.
    I saw the first three X-men and Spiderman movies, but I guess they don't count? The first Iron Man wasn't too bad, but the once Don Cheadle showed up in 2, I checked out.

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Oh, Oh, and MGS 2 is the worst thing to happen to gaming in my lifetime.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  10. #1675
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Lucas is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars in my lifetime.
    I fixed that for you.

    Thank GOD for Disney.

    George Lucas is a piece of shit. I'm thankful he STARTED that universe but that's it. He's done more harm to it than helped it.

  11. #1676
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Nope. Crysis 3 was certainly the best in the series.

    Not that those games were that great - they were B-grade shooters with halariously over the top tech behind them. But of those three (and a half) mediocre games, 3 was the best.
    That's fine. I lack an opinion on this. I agree that Crysis and Crytek are the embodiment of graphics-first mediocrity; beyond that it's hard to care about the nuances.

    Though the VR game The Climb is pretty cool. Hehe.

    It's just that one time you made an extra insane statement re Uncharted and Crysis, and because it was so deadpan I took it seriously. Then you explained you were but trolling. Pwned, etc.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  12. #1677
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I fixed that for you.

    Thank GOD for Disney.

    George Lucas is a piece of shit. I'm thankful he STARTED that universe but that's it. He's done more harm to it than helped it.
    I disagree. It was Lucas to destroy. Like Lynch with Twin Peaks. I have no qualms with a creator dealing out their own art. It's effects were limited to those particular films. However, frustrating they were, it wasn't spreading like a cancer to other avenues and causing others to follow suit.

    Disney in it's current domination form either Star Wars or MCU, is arguably the worst thing to happen in film in my lifetime. The MCU in particular.

    Disney is 1-1 with me on Star Wars films. I enjoyed TFA well enough because it doesn't pretend to be more than a "fun film" even if it's soaked in nostalgia and completely low common denominator.

    Rogue One is poop. Disney should offer refunds and destroy the negatives.

    Disney is so prolific in this manner that I've decided to name a new genre of film with their films in mind. Though, if you break it down, you'd find Transformers, and a few others pre-date the films by a few years. Still, the modern era of film should simply be labeled, CG Bukakke.

    It's not even that the MCU films are all that bad. I mean, these aren't Scary Movies or Meet the Spartans, but they aren't "good" either. As the majority of them are barely films to begin with. They are episodes of a TV series with little appreciation for a cohesive narrative/point. Still what makes the MCU terrible for film has been the effect it has had. Since the bubble doesn't seem to be bursting anytime soon, this is only going to swallow us more and more.

    This doesn't even talk or discuss the effects of our generation being completely incapable of growing up and insisting on playing it safe. No new ideas, just repeat memories of childhood like an opiate. I find myself becoming increasingly bitter towards people that bare these marks of refusal to acknowledge their age, or the fact, that perhaps, they should try something new.
    Last edited by twonunpackmule; 09-14-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  13. #1678
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,403

    Default

    Once again, it's not acceptable to call George Lucas a "piece of shit." First of all that's annoying Internet tough guyism in the first place. Secondly no one that gave the world Star Wars deserves that assessment, even if he did make 2 bad movies in that series.

    In other words, shut your trap and show some respect.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  14. #1679
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    It's just that one time you made an extra insane statement re Uncharted and Crysis, and because it was so deadpan I took it seriously. Then you explained you were but trolling. Pwned, etc.
    "Crysis 3 is way better than Uncharted 2"

    ?

    Sounds like a troll I would shoot for.

    = D
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  15. #1680
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Once again, it's not acceptable to call George Lucas a "piece of shit." First of all that's annoying Internet tough guyism in the first place.
    No it's not. I'll say to anyone outside of the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Secondly no one that gave the world Star Wars deserves that assessment, even if he did make 2 bad movies in that series.

    In other words, shut your trap and show some respect.
    If you think the reason I feel this way is just because of 2 bad movies you are wrong.
    Second, if Lucas had any respect he would have respected his fans.

    I'm sure if Naughty Dog took Uncharted and changed the games, then went all out to destroy any remnants of the original games you love you would be pretty upset too.

    This is off topic from this board so I am done here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

//
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1