View Poll Results: Will Sony change their NEO/PS4K plans because of Scorpio?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, as is with the rumored specs.

8 61.54%
  • Yes, they’ll tinker to bring it closer to the 5.5 TF RX480.

4 30.77%
  • Yes, they’ll scrap NEO altogether and go big!

1 7.69%
Page 111 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1702
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

The first Crysis doesn't really get "interesting" until like midway through, then it ends. Warhead was good though.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

Averry is offline Member

Ubisoft has been talking the talk with the new AC, lets see if they walk the walk.

They're talking upgraded combat, more open worldly, more witchery.....Ill be curious I guess.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Does high image quality make up for lacking gameplay for you? It never has for me. I obviously appreciate it when games look nice, but there's no substitute for fun.

The first Crysis game and the original AC are good examples of that. Great looking games in their day, but stone cold boring. Meanwhile Dark Souls looked like something dug out of a cat litter box, but I spent well over 300 hours with it across three different platforms.
    This is smackdown, I was being a bit of a wiseass.

That being said, I agree with your post. High quality image doesn't make up for gameplay. I also feel they just raped the AC series with SO many games.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    The first Crysis doesn't really get "interesting" until like midway through, then it ends. Warhead was good though.
    I thought the first Crysis's biggest THING was the graphics. At the time it was way ahead of everything. The story was not even secondary. It was almost like the graphics were 1st and 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    I thought the first Crysis's biggest THING was the graphics. At the time it was way ahead of everything. The story was not even secondary. It was almost like the graphics were 1st and 2nd.
    It's a prettier Far Cry. That's basically it. Personally, I think Warhead is the last time that formula worked. But, some people really like Far Cry 3 and so on.

Ubisoft is the worst. I'm still angry that they got South Park.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    2 was better, and 3 was great.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

weasl is offline Member

Hey.. Don't mock Crysis. Shit is decently fun.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

weasl is offline Member

Old games (not remasters) are what matters currently..
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Ergo-Proxy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Apparently, Xbox One X enhanced games will have bigger texture packs...somewhat obvious....but the same game will download smaller texture assets to regular Xbox Ones.

But makes me wonder, what happens if I plugged my hard drive straight to the Xbox One x with the lower rezz downloads on it? Will it need to be patched to run?

What about disc based games? Will it install differently?

I'm very curious. But fuck, my 500 GB SSD is going to be swapping out current games more quickly.

This is going to be kinda weird guys.

Also, do we "KNOW" if and what the Xbox One will do for non patched games?

Do games with auto scalers still scale at least to 1080p without a patch. 🤔 So fucking curious.

But I watched some Titanfall 2 4k comparisons to the Xbox One on Youtube in 4k.

Guys...its pretty obvious when you see it side by side on a 4k AT home in the same chair and TV that Ill be playing on.
    What I wonder is if you will not be able to play the game at all if you dont connect to the internet to download the textures. Sounds like a sneaky way of slowing forcing a portion of MS's initial plan of always online and DRM checks until they get it full

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo-Proxy View Post
    What I wonder is if you will not be able to play the game at all if you dont connect to the internet to download the textures. Sounds like a sneaky way of slowing forcing a portion of MS's initial plan of always online and DRM checks until they get it full
    Of course not. If you were playing an unpatched game, it would just use the lower res textures. There is zero reason to force people to be online for something as trivial as slightly higher res art assets.

Also, these higher res textures rarely make a noticeable difference, assuming the rendering resolution is the same across all samples. This is a point I've made repeatedly on the PC gaming forums - XO/PS4 typically look like the "High" detail setting of the PC version, which leads to PC idiots touting their Ultra settings (assuming the game has low, med, high, ultra) as validation that they made the right choice by spending 5 times as much on the hardware. Meanwhile if you actually compare whatever the highest and second highest settings are, you can rarely tell any difference.

Native resolution and frame rate are 80% of the presentation. Get rid of the jaggies and keep the frame rate rock solid, and the game will "feel" nice, regardless of the texture resolution, shadow detail, spline reticulation, etc.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Ergo-Proxy is offline Member

Of course not. If you were playing an unpatched game, it would just use the lower res textures. There is zero reason to force people to be online for something as trivial as slightly higher res art assets.

Also, these higher res textures rarely make a noticeable difference, assuming the rendering resolution is the same across all samples. This is a point I've made repeatedly on the PC gaming forums - XO/PS4 typically look like the "High" detail setting of the PC version, which leads to PC idiots touting their Ultra settings (assuming the game has low, med, high, ultra) as validation that they made the right choice by spending 5 times as much on the hardware. Meanwhile if you actually compare whatever the highest and second highest settings are, you can rarely tell any difference.

Native resolution and frame rate are 80% of the presentation. Get rid of the jaggies and keep the frame rate rock solid, and the game will "feel" nice, regardless of the texture resolution, shadow detail, spline reticulation, etc.
    Yeah but I didnt have in mind your average XBOX One game, but games like Forza 7 which acording to MS regardless what your TV you have (i.e 1080p), the game on X will download all the 4K assets which amount to a total of around 100GB installed to your HDD (including the game). F7 appears to be a unique example where textures won't simply be higher but they will be up to a level where the 4K quality is fully complimented.
    The way it was stated, implies the possibility that the 4K assets will be a requirement on X

cuco33 is online now Member

Crysis games are more about pushing their tech and game engines then the game being a game. That's what I always thought.

I've said it a few times, but graphics don't make a game. They can make a game better though. I'm no spec wore but if something more powerful can run a game better than sweet. I just prefer better peromance and a stable frame rate over a game that is occasionally goregeous but screen tears and dips frames like no tomorrow. I have friends who are the opposite though. Would be nice if all pro/xbx games follow the pc thing on letting the user pick options to cater how he wants the game to run. Some games do that but would be great if all of them did it.

Warhead is really the only one I truly like. Crysis 2 is kinda junky. Crysis 3 I got bored with midway through.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Is this trolling again?
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Averry is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo-Proxy View Post
    Yeah but I didnt have in mind your average XBOX One game, but games like Forza 7 which acording to MS regardless what your TV you have (i.e 1080p), the game on X will download all the 4K assets which amount to a total of around 100GB installed to your HDD (including the game). F7 appears to be a unique example where textures won't simply be higher but they will be up to a level where the 4K quality is fully complimented.
    The way it was stated, implies the possibility that the 4K assets will be a requirement on X
    I dont think there's in any way anything to WORRY about. I'm just curious what happens in fringe cases.