Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1519
    weasl is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M. View Post
    The Switch already puts the PS4 and Xbox One to shame in the over 97 tier.
    Nintendo games always seem to have like an extra 5 points tacked onto their scores. Theirs definitely a hardcore sense of nostalgia fanboyism that permeates a lot of the people who review their games. Not the same bitter whiny rantings of most western reviewers.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I've got a friend who is all about the Switch who is trying to convince me to buy one. I said, name 2 good games for me to buy with it. Of course, he comes back with Zelda and....Zelda.

Yeah....sounds great.
    Not to defend the switch, because I don't support the idea and strategy behind the console, but most people here bought Xbones or PS4's at launch, and neither of them had a great title at that point either, much less two great titles. Naming more than a small handful of must-own exclusives for either is still hard to do without leaving mainstream gaming -- so if nintendo puts out a couple more really high quality titles, they've already caught up.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RM
    RM is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post

Not to defend the switch, because I don't support the idea and strategy behind the console, but most people here bought Xbones or PS4's at launch, and neither of them had a great title at that point either, much less two great titles. Naming more than a small handful of must-own exclusives for either is still hard -- so if nintendo puts out a couple more really high quality titles, they've already caught up.
    Yeah, but those machines were the obvious place to play third party titles(for non PC folks), so they had value beyond their exclusives.

Nintendo's only selling point is the first party exclusives, so they need more to justify the cost of the hardware. That's the price Nintendo pays for choosing to be an independent bubble in the market.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Yeah, but those machines were the obvious place to play third party titles(for non PC folks), so they had value beyond their exclusives.

Nintendo's only selling point is the first party exclusives, so they need more to justify the cost of the hardware. That's the price Nintendo pays for choosing to be an independent bubble in the market.
    I can agree with this reasoning, but if we're going with the "name x good games for it" sort of preamble to a listwar route, I have a hard time accepting multiplats as a legitimate answer. Multiplats belong to the generation, not any one console. And yes, as you mention, I buy multiplats on the PC at this point - so a console, to me, is really only defined by and as good as its exclusives. It sounds like PS4 is trying to pick it up a little but, by and large, this generation has been a snoozefest on that front.
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RM
    RM is offline Member

PCMR problems.

PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Dennis M. is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    Nintendo games always seem to have like an extra 5 points tacked onto their scores. Theirs definitely a hardcore sense of nostalgia fanboyism that permeates a lot of the people who review their games. Not the same bitter whiny rantings of most western reviewers.
    It was a joke, in case it wasn't clear.

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Night in the Woods (bring on the "jokes") is garnering strong reviews as an artsy downloadable game.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Night in the Woods (bring on the "jokes") is garnering strong reviews as an artsy downloadable game.
    Dude, not one person here (well, maybe twonun) wants to hear about Badger and yours hipster honeymoon in the Colorado Rockies.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

weasl is online now Member

I almost picked that up due to the reviews but passed. Didn't even realize that it was an exclusive.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

RedRedSuit is online now Member

It's finally here... Persona 5.

This year has been tsunami(TM)-like.

I credit myself for actually finishing a couple of the games instead of just endless backloggery.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

RM
    RM is offline Member

Seems like it might be the best year since 2007. Pretty impressive.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

It's finally here... Persona 5.

This year has been tsunami(TM)-like.

I credit myself for actually finishing a couple of the games instead of just endless backloggery.
    Badger sweating it out tonight. Are RRS and Weasl a thing now?!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Badger sweating it out tonight. Are RRS and Weasl a thing now?!
    It's all good - it seems that the games are starting to trickle out this gen; I ordered UC4 which came this week, and while I wasn't originally interested, it seems almost everyone here really enjoyed Horizon, so I'll have to pick that up at some point too (UC4 obviously is a 2016 game, but my PS4 will see two highly rated full-fledged exclusives this year nonetheless). The Persona and Nier games don't do anything for me, but not every game is for everyone; they're both reviewing well and it sounds like this is actually turning out to be a very decent year which is a pleasant surprise given the prior state of this gen.

RM
    RM is offline Member

Did you look at Nioh Badger?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

hdinred is offline Member

Never really got the appeal of Persona games, but yeah, Sony is on a roll lately.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast