Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    If 80 is the threshold its probably cleaner to just leave it 80 and above. Dont see value breaking it up 80/85/90 but thats on you.
    It's not broken up.

The three sections are independent. If you don't care about 85+ or 90+, you just ignore those sections.

To be clear, the 80+ section counts all games 80 and higher (not just 80-84).
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

cuco33 is offline Member

If 80 is the threshold its probably cleaner to just leave it 80 and above. Dont see value breaking it up 80/85/90 but thats on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    80+ is a cutoff for a great many people, myself included. mid's cut off is (well, was) 85.

DLC is included for those that care about it. If you don't, there is specifically a section which removes it from considerations.

I know for a fact that downloadable add-ons can be significant. The ones that aren't won't be scored highly anyway.
    I just dont get why dlc would even make it in. Its the game that matters, not so much the dlc. As an example resogun, a small indie title, is counted up 3x because of the 2 dlcs heroes and defenders. Like imagine if halo 5 dlc came out every quarter (kind of like cod) and reviewed, that halo 5 could potentially get counted 5x rather than once. Another example, forza 4 had the porsche expansion pack, but I would only have counted fm4 only and not the expansion; and imagine if all dlcs were reviewed? Fm4 would have gotten added up like 10x if rated 80 or above. Obviously some dlc is much better than others and even stand alone.
    But again, its your thread and rules. I just think its strange counting it.
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

cuco33 is offline Member

It's not broken up.

The three sections are independent. If you don't care about 85+ or 90+, you just ignore those sections.

To be clear, the 80+ section counts all games 80 and higher (not just 80-84).
    Gotcha. I just see it as extra effort to split out more tiers that arent really needed. If it were my thread id set the threshold at 75 or 80 and list all games, split em up as indies and full titles maybe.

Still, will be intersting to see how bad current gen is. Thats my mantra, my motto. Im all about that pc nowadays, and I wouldnt count games also available on pc as well. One main reason to get into a console is for the exclusives, the games that arent available anywhere else. Both consoles will suffer if you remove games also available on pc.
    Too many variables
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

I just dont get why dlc would even make it in. Its the game that matters, not so much the dlc. As an example resogun, a small indie title, is counted up 3x because of the 2 dlcs heroes and defenders. Like imagine if halo 5 dlc came out every quarter (kind of like cod) and reviewed, that halo 5 could potentially get counted 5x rather than once. Another example, forza 4 had the porsche expansion pack, but I would only have counted fm4 only and not the expansion; and imagine if all dlcs were reviewed? Fm4 would have gotten added up like 10x if rated 80 or above. Obviously some dlc is much better than others and even stand alone.
    But again, its your thread and rules. I just think its strange counting it.
    The size is what matters. I didn't count the Bloodborne expansion as a full game, because it's not. Bloodborne is. The Bloodborne expansion IS however a big game; that's why it is included. It isn't a full-price game, so it's not counted in that list.

Anyway, you can see easily that the expansions have little effect on the result because PS4 has so many more titles anyway.

P.S. Map packs are not typically reviewed, so it's pointless to imagine it. Expansions are reviewed and are fair-game.
    Last edited by RedRedSuit; 01-15-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Gotcha. I just see it as extra effort to split out more tiers that arent really needed. If it were my thread id set the threshold at 75 or 80 and list all games, split em up as indies and full titles maybe.
    I DID split out full titles vs. smaller games.

85+ and 90+ have been oft-discussed tiers on this board and needed to be included.

Every conceivable combination is in the OP.

cuco33 is offline Member

I DID split out full titles vs. smaller games.

85+ and 90+ have been oft-discussed tiers on this board and needed to be included.

Every conceivable combination is in the OP.
    OK cool then. Still disagree on approach to include dlcs and not factor games also available on pc. My reason being it really shows game exclusives to console with the only threshold being metascore 80 and higher

not factor games also available on pc.
    rm did that for you.

The size is what matters. .
    That's the same thing your mom told me. BEWM!!!!!!!

Anyway--- I'm just feeling very excited that RRS was so rattled by PS4aintgotnogames that he spent hours of research on this and collecting it all.

What happened to you man?!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post

Anyway--- I'm just feeling very excited that RRS was so rattled by PS4aintgotnogames that he spent hours of research on this and collecting it all.

Trollus Vulgaris,

it took about 20 minutes.

Trollus Vulgaris,

it took about 20 minutes.
    There has been a rattling......have you felt it?

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

80+ is a cutoff for a great many people, myself included. mid's cut off is (well, was) 85.

DLC is included for those that care about it. If you don't, there is specifically a section which removes it from considerations.

I know for a fact that downloadable add-ons can be significant. The ones that aren't won't be scored highly anyway.
    For a great game... easy.

Weird that game reviewers can change their points they give out on reviews, yet people like us can't update theirs?

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post

I was going to write up something similar but then said fuck it.

There has been a rattling is correct! ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnIghtEr View Post
    For a great game... easy.
    OK. Then Halo 5 is not a great game, correct?

Anyway, this is exactly why I broke it down by 80+, 85+, and 90+. So that all moods and preferences are covered!

Weird that game reviewers can change their points they give out on reviews, yet people like us can't update theirs?
    Not sure what this means exactly. Do you have a new cut-off for what a great game is? Is that what you're saying? If so, what is it now? Is it 84? 80?

Also not sure what you mean by game reviewers changing their points. Retroactively changing a score is quite rare, at least if the game has been out for a month or more.

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

Acceptance is the final step
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Acceptance is the final step
    Aye, it's taken you guys quite awhile to get to realizing that ps4 aintgotnogames.
    I'm proud of you.

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast