Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1792
    cuco33 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    I haven't spent a lot of time with DriveClub, but from what I've played, it reminds me of older racers that were less focused on simulation and more interested in fun. My racing game interest peaked with GT2 and started to fade with GT3. I tried Forza 3 hoping I could get back some of that feeling, but it didn't click with me.

I'm so much more interested in shooters, RPGs and action games these days that I find it hard to jump into racers. But every time I do play a few rounds in DriveClub, I feel like I should play more of it. Keep in mind I picked it up a year ago, and I don't play any multiplayer, so my impression is just the carrear mode.
    You should try the Forza Horizon series, it might be what you are looking for. 1 and 2 were great and from folks who sunk a lot of time into 3 they say thats the best of the 3. Ill snatch 3 when its on super sale and when i have more time, which is far more limited now than in the past

FM/GT games I loved a lot more when my friends and I were in leagues and had our friendly competition. I think that is where the sims shine most, competing either in a race against each other or selecting a track to get best time. These games have these modes now built in better than before, like rivals, which is fun.... or not, like my recent rivals time trial I did against a friend's time in a Porsche 911 GT3 in the night. F U night... F U... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    Perhaps so -- it was audio/visual candy. I never played it but much of the feedback on this board consisted of mediocre impressions. I remember people raging against the homicidal AI that made it near impossible to race cleanly.

Nevertheless, with how badly the game was managed up to and through its launch, including delays and overall broken or missing components, it seems fitting that it gets a lukewarm overall review reflecting all of this.

I don't want to relitigate GT5 or GTA4, but the utility of a re-review for something like DC seems minimal. At what point in time should people agree to go back and re-review titles and why? If the lion's share of people experience the title in close proximity to its release, it's harder to argue that a review score should be updated to reflect fixes that came along (possibly missing the bulk of a game's players).

A re-review policy for something like MC seems problematic. MC currently works because most reviews come out having reviewed a title in close proximity to one another, therefore reviewing the same experience. A re-review policy would break that uniformity. It also lifts part of the penalty against devs for releasing a broken game. The only real benefit of re-reviews would be to a gamer like me, who isn't concerned (for the most part) with playing titles day-one, and generally likes to wait for things to be patched up and dropped in price, and I'm probably quite in the minority there.
    I think reviews will always have issues to some degree but for me it was pretty obvious how much the meta score was influencing sales and company outcomes, and how much those same meta scores were being influenced by the big names. It got pretty obvious too how money was funneled depending on how well something reviewed and it shouldnt be that way. If something is truely great or total shit, adverts and funding shouldnt influence if something is great or shit. That financial bias should never have been there. It may have gotten better over time though

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
    You should try the Forza Horizon series, it might be what you are looking for. 1 and 2 were great and from folks who sunk a lot of time into 3 they say thats the best of the 3. Ill snatch 3 when its on super sale and when i have more time, which is far more limited now than in the past

FM/GT games I loved a lot more when my friends and I were in leagues and had our friendly competition. I think that is where the sims shine most, competing either in a race against each other or selecting a track to get best time. These games have these modes now built in better than before, like rivals, which is fun.... or not, like my recent rivals time trial I did against a friend's time in a Porsche 911 GT3 in the night. F U night... F U... lol
    I would love too, along with Gears 4 and a some of the other Xbox exclusives. But Microsoft doesn't want my business because I'm still happy with Windows 7.

Maybe one day...
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

I would love too, along with Gears 4 and a some of the other Xbox exclusives. But Microsoft doesn't want my business because I'm still happy with Windows 7.

Maybe one day...
    MS snuck in Win10 updates on my machines and at first I was like WTF on verge of rolling back. Gave it a chance and I liked it so stuck with it. MS really trying to force that win10 hand on all their users

RM
    RM is online now Member

IT updated my work laptop and said it wouldn't give me any trouble. Several programs stopped working, I've had some crashes in programs that never gave me problems before, and firefox keeps locking up. Further reaffirms my "never upgrade - always format" stance with Windows.

I don't hate W10, but I don't need any of the new features, so I have no incentive to upgrade. The biggest issue though is I've got a couple dozen game saves on my machine that I don't want to mess with. I'd rather just finish those games on my 7 install and move to W10 when I'm at a natural stopping point.

Also, Microsoft has published games on Steam in the past, so I'm hoping they'll give it up eventually and I can get Gears & Forza there.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

If they are Steam games, a lot of them use Steam Cloud. You can also migrate those saves to MS Onesync or whatever it's called. It's what I do. So, I can access my saves in MD or Alaska.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RM
    RM is online now Member

I didn't think about using OneDrive. That might be a good option.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

RedRedSuit is online now Member

More new exclusive backlog I can't keep up with: Hellblade, Icey.

Though I'm currently swept up in VR killer app, Lone Echo (PC). Also Uncharted 2 to de-stress with kids watching for 20th time.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

So do you need to stop playing games until it's releases then?

I pretty much have.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

RM
    RM is online now Member

I pretty much have.
    Another hipster who doesn't actually play games.

*smh*
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Another hipster who doesn't actually play games.

*smh*
    I'm still playing, just haven't bought much in the way of newer games this year. Figure I might as well wait and experience them in their full glory.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Ergo-Proxy is offline Member

I'm still playing, just haven't bought much in the way of newer games this year. Figure I might as well wait and experience them in their full glory.
    Which XBOX games are these?

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo-Proxy View Post
    Which XBOX games are these?
    All the fantastic 3rd party games that will look and run better than their ps4 counterparts. The same games that are typically buggy and have performance issues on PC.

I'll wait to play the in the most powerful console ever created.

Ergo-Proxy is offline Member

All the fantastic 3rd party games that will look and run better than their ps4 counterparts. The same games that are typically buggy and have performance issues on PC.

I'll wait to play the in the most powerful console ever created.
    Oh those

Typically buggy and performance issues....Rrrrriiiight

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo-Proxy View Post
    Oh those

Typically buggy and performance issues....Rrrrriiiight
    Son, I don't got time to be making boot disks and setting IRQ's to get my games running!