Page 316 of 316 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316
Results 4,726 to 4,734 of 4734
    RM
    RM is online now Member

Second generation high end headset after the first one failed to sell a million units, and a stand alone low tier unit that will likely create market confusion and canibalize sales, at the same time?

Seems unlikely...
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    This looks amazing. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lone-echo (VR game out now)

I am getting it.
    Looks interesting. Hopefully it will make it's way to PSVR too.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Second generation high end headset after the first one failed to sell a million units, and a stand alone low tier unit that will likely create market confusion and canibalize sales, at the same time?

Seems unlikely...
    They paid $2 billion for it just three years ago. Even with ugly early sales, I find it unlikely that they cede the market, throw in the towel and just chase low tier unit dominance. It's not inconceivable; maybe they've determined that the mainstream market for VR, if it ever develops, is only in the lower tier / lower budget - like PSVR or less. But I don't see them giving up this early. They got schellacked in court -- they need to do a redesign to get away from infringement issues, ensure they owe as few royalties as possible, improve form factor, and reduce price. My bet is they do it by competing with a lower tier standalone unit, and then redesigning the main unit.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    Looks interesting. Hopefully it will make it's way to PSVR too.
    Side note... http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lone-echo is by Ready At Dawn. The people behind all those good PSP games and piece of shit / graphical tour-de-force The Order.

Didn't notice that fact earlier....
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Side note... http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/lone-echo is by Ready At Dawn. The people behind all those good PSP games and piece of shit / graphical tour-de-force The Order.

Didn't notice that fact earlier....
    The order had some control issues and was a little short but other than that I really enjoyed it. Probably because I picked it up for $5 on sale. Not sure how I would have felt paying $60 for it.

Loved their PSP God of War games
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

RM
    RM is online now Member

Saw The Order on sale for $5 a while back and didn't hesitate to skip right past it.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

RedRedSuit is online now Member

People should definitely play Lone Echo. Not only a stunning demonstration of free 3D motion in space (sans cockpit or vomit, even), and a visually beautiful game, it's also shaping up to be just a straight up cool game with a cool story.

If it weren't so slow to get out of the gate (tons and tons of practicing of various mechanics based on ththe excuse you're cleaning up the space station module after an "anomaly" hit from Saturn), I'd be tempted to call it a killer app. We will see if it holds up to the end. So far I give it a B+. That grade is as a game, not as "VR demo material" or whatever.

Also Rez Infinite, another high scoring VR hit, just came out for PC (PS VR only since October).
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

I've been playing more Arizona Sunshine now that it's been patched so that the AIM controller works properly.
    It's a pretty big improvement. Head shots are now much easier with the AIM since it's stable in game and they have added a sight to the guns and the movement works much better than it did with the move controllers.

but.....go into a confined space and the nausea is there in a way I never had with the other control schemes......it's a pity since I'm really enjoying the game.....just having to play it in small doses

They really need to fix this

People should definitely play Lone Echo.)
    Would love to.
    Is this exclusive to Rift or does anybody know if it will make its way to PSVR?