Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314
Results 4,696 to 4,708 of 4708
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    That's getting far more toward tempting. I still need to see the space develop a good bit more as I don't really have the early-adopter urge at all for VR, and I agree with Shoeless that they're probably well into version 2.0 development at this point and likely developing around patents tied up in the prior lawsuit. I think I'm firmly in the waiting camp on this one.
    Well, I need a whole new computer. So, that is already a roadblock. And, with the shifting needs of my money currently, I can't justify it. Still, being in this boat, I think it's smarter to wait. The devs want to develop it. It has the support to at least carry it through another round of upgrades.

Hell, if my PC was on point, I'd probably grab the Oculus right now solely because of price. Still, I can't justify any of it right now with trips and celebrations in the pipeline. Though, now that I'm a bit more stable than the last two years...I can definitely see myself being convinced sooner rather than later.

Still, I just upgraded my squat rack I bought last year to a new one that I won't even use for another few months. Deal is a deal. Stupid Prime day. I really, really wanted a lat pulldown pulley system integrated into the rack.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RM
    RM is online now Member

Did you go PowerTec?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Did you go PowerTec?
    Actually, I got this...

https://www.amazon.com/Valor-Fitness...or+fitness+bd-

Well, a "different brand" but the same thing. I think it's an Akonza or something. It's literally the same thing under a different badge. It was on Jet.com for like $287. It's the only reason I bought it now and not in October/November when I would be heading home.

I'm only 180lbs. So, I don't need to support 1000lbs on the rack. HAHA.

Oh, if you're looking for a 300lbs Olympic Weight set, Jet.com has a Gold's CAP set for $169. That's CHEAP!!!
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

RM
    RM is online now Member

I actually gave up using the straight bar completely about two years ago. My L4/L5 is too sensitive to getting tweaked by traditional squats and deadlifts, and I've got no good reason to risk a permanent injury. These days I stick to Landmine Squats and Hex Bar Deadlifts.

I'm still using the hole-in-the-wall gym down the street from my house because they've got heat/AC, and a decent Elliptical. As soon as my company sells and my stock is cashed out, I'll be moving into a house where I can get heat and AC installed in the garage. That's not an option at my current house.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

I actually gave up using the straight bar completely about two years ago. My L4/L5 is too sensitive to getting tweaked by traditional squats and deadlifts, and I've got no good reason to risk a permanent injury. These days I stick to Landmine Squats and Hex Bar Deadlifts.

I'm still using the hole-in-the-wall gym down the street from my house because they've got heat/AC, and a decent Elliptical. As soon as my company sells and my stock is cashed out, I'll be moving into a house where I can get heat and AC installed in the garage. That's not an option at my current house.
    I deadlift and squat in Alaska because I have access to a full gym. My home gym? I primarily use my squat rack as a free standing pull up bar, and to hold my resistance bands for lats and stuff. It's why I wanted the lat pulldown/pulley system. Resistance bands are okay...but I prefer weights. I'll still use the resistance bands from time to time, but I like options.

I Bulgarian split squat with my powerblocks. Because it take up less space to just use a bench and dumbbells.

I had one of those doorway pullup bars, but I broke my frame once and fell. I laughed and cried. It was kinda painful...but also funny. So, at the cost of getting a free standing one, I'm spending the same on a squat rack. My old one was $100. This one is $287 with a lat pulldown/pulley system. So, I save space by combining the two instead of getting a separate machine for roughly the same price.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Gutter21 is offline Member

http://wccftech.com/vr-lots-passion-...unlike-kinect/

Brian Fargo: VR Has Lots of Passion Behind It, Unlike Kinect Which Felt Forced
    umm ok
    Last edited by Gutter21; 07-18-2017 at 04:11 AM.
    Lens of Truth: Did you hear that? That sir is the sound of the bar being raised.

RM
    RM is online now Member

A few million passionate people can't keep the high cost of the VR market afloat. VR needs tens of millions of people in the pool to generate enough revenue to sustain itself. That's the entire problem. If someone's got a plan for boosting headset sales by 10x, let's hear it.
    Last edited by RM; 07-18-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Well, if supply is greater than demand, price falls. If it gets low enough and people are still not buying, then there's nothing that can be done.

The driving factor will be content. If content is something that people want, they'll get it.

I want VR, but I can't justify it in Alaska. Limited space. So, MD has to be my goal. However, I have an incredible amount of upgrading to do in order to be ready for it. Not even counting the headset and controllers itself. I'm not in the mood to spend $2000+ on videogames.

Third, did anyone see the new 2018 Indian Bobber Scout? My god!!! I want it!
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Third, did anyone see the new 2018 Indian Bobber Scout? My god!!! I want it!

I don't know a thing about bikes, but that's pretty sweet lookin.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

I don't know diddly about them either. I'm about to take a class. I've been interested in getting one for a few years now. Responsibilities kept getting in the way. Still, this bike is EXACTLY the style that I want.
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

DaveS1138 is offline Member

A few million passionate people can't keep the high cost of the VR market afloat. VR needs tens of millions of people in the pool to generate enough revenue to sustain itself. That's the entire problem. If someone's got a plan for boosting headset sales by 10x, let's hear it.
    tens of millions of people is no guarantee of success. Kinect had that and where is it now?

What you need is content that shows off how this is a better and more immersive form of gaming that those boring old "Flat" games you play on your TV. Kinect never had that....there was never a game that Kinect made better than just pressing buttons on your controller would do.....VR already has games that are better than just pressing buttons on a controller is......but VR has the added disadvantage that you can't easily show that in an advert, you have to get people into the headsets so they can experience it for themselves......and even then the cost of entry and having to wear the "headbucket" have to be shown to be worth it.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

RM
    RM is online now Member

Obviously it's not a gaurentee, but it still has to have tens of millions of people in the pool to be able to sell enough content to be sustainable. The fact that it's got quality content is meaningless if the economics don't add up. So far, they don't. Creating high quality content is expensive.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

RM
    RM is online now Member

Looks like Oculus is giving up on the dream:

Oculus reportedly announcing a $200 self-contained headset this year

Oculus is working with Xiaomi on a self-contained $200 headset shipping in 2018, Bloomberg Technology reports. The device’s prototype will reportedly be called “Pacific,” loosely following Oculus’ California-centric naming conventions. It’s supposed to look like a “more compact” version of the Rift, and it will be a fully standalone device, not connected to a PC or phone. Bloomberg says it’s lighter than Oculus and Samsung’s Gear VR mobile headset, and will have more powerful graphics, courtesy of a Qualcomm Snapdragon mobile chip. However, it won’t have positional tracking, which will create a major feature gap between it and higher-end headsets — including Google’s standalone Daydream devices, which were announced earlier this year.
    PS4 - Because Cronie