Page 309 of 312 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 4667
    DaveS1138 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    The only plane that matters is a P-51 Mustang.
    Pffttt. The Spitfire is the single most beautiful object man has ever made fly.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

Absolutely not.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

The Mustang is a beautifull aircraft.

But dude.....

That's just in a world of its own
    And the sound of that Merlin engine as it flys past.........
    Oh baby

twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony

It gets points for the Mickey. Nothing else. Mustang shits on it.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RedRedSuit is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    On another note, Red, did you see that Ace Combat trailer? Strangereal is totally back, and so is the melodramatic anti-war storyline.
    I'm on media blackout for it now. Now that I know it's on the right track, I don't need to see any trailers. Will wait for reviews now as a sanity check against a monumental fuckup... other than that, I'm in, trailers or no trailers.

Not sure what to do VR-wise, though, if that part of the game delivers. I really don't want to set up that PS VR monstrosity in my media center, given that I have Oculus with Touch already. So I don't know if I'm to wait for the PC version, double-dip, or what.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Badger3920 is offline Member

I don't know what it is about the lines of the F-22, because while I can acknowledge its technical prowess, its actual design just doesn't do much for me. I still prefer the look of the more recent SU planes, and I guess depending on who you read, they can still put up a pretty decent fight against the F-22.
    I love the lines of the F-22 because it's basically like they took the F-15 and made it stealth. Keep in mind that it might look different to your eye because its armament and fuel tanks are all internal -- the naked wings look different if you're not keeping that in mind.

Spoiler:

I guess the F-35 is kind of a joke this point though, doesn't seem like they're having much luck getting that one to come out according to plan.
    Yep, the program is a disaster. Ridiculously late and overbudget, and the plane isn't any good. Turns out that trying to design one plane to work as a fighter and bomber and stealth aircraft for land operations, and carrier operations, and even vertical takeoff/landing, nets you a Frankenstein plane that's sort of okay at all of it but not great or impressive at any of it in the end. It's also ugly, not that it matters.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Ah, good, someone agrees with me F-35 is ugly. Though, you should see it's prototype competitor from Boeing. Makes F-35 look like Miss Universe!

Regarding F-22 vs. older planes like Su-27/35/etc. and F-16: they're all beautiful. F-22 has an almost alien beauty, like it was built by some other civilization. It's thin and subtly rounded with gentle angles everywhere. Looks stunning -- futuristic. It could be used as a new fighter type in Star Wars after a different paint job, and it would fit in. Whereas the older planes are the epitome of "organic" or "natural" beauty; the Sukhois and F-16 look like deadly killer birds of prey or something, really graceful and fast looking but also familiar instead of high-tech futuristic like the F-22. And then F-15 looks like flying tank that's going to fuck you up before you can say anything. People say A-10 Warthog is ugly, but IMO it is utterly badass looking, alsp like a flying tank but in a difference sense.

Of the WW-II war planes, I too have to go Spitfire. I mean it's just a classic fighter look. Not a single piece of metal is out of place... it defines "nimble" without even moving.

All in all, fighter planes are undoubtedly the coolest looking pieces of technology ever decided by man. Sorry, cars. You're cool, but holy shit... fighter planes.

Ugh, now I want to go play Ace Combat. Hey, Shoeless, wasn't there some rumor about an AC5 remaster? Have you heard about this?
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Ugh, now I want to go play Ace Combat. Hey, Shoeless, wasn't there some rumor about an AC5 remaster? Have you heard about this?
    The rumor was because Bamco put out a survey with a few choices asking which PS1/2 games people would like to see remastered, which included a mix of Ace Combat and Ridge Racer games. AC5 came in at #1, with RR4 at #2, which, in my opinion, was also a solid choice.

So we'll see whether that pans out. If it does, I'm hoping that even as a remaster, the PS2 era level of graphics would leave AC5 open to a PSVR mode. I certainly wouldn't say no to that.

Well, looks like it's official, Microsoft changed their minds about VR support on the new console.

SOURCE

“The opportunity on PC is larger, because the install base is larger and we think the customer experience will be better on PC,” was the statement made by the Xbox marketing chief, Mike Nichols, who told The Wall Street Journal in an interview.
    I guess after some discussion, they decided they were trying to bite off more than they could chew and backed down on it.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Good. They should focus on being the best core gaming company they can be. It's their wheelhouse.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Well, we'll see if any other outlets can confirm this, but Ace Combat's VR mode is apparently pretty big.

SOURCE

According to Bonacci, the VR mode of Ace Combat 7 will take around 12 to 15 hours, depending on how proficient a player is and his style of gameplay, to complete. So make sure to watch out for Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown in 2018.
    It's also looking pretty good. They already have some gameplay videos and... yup. It's Ace Combat. With more bells and whistles.

If the PS4 gets a few more cockpit games for VR, I might invest in a HOTAS stick.

Is there any word yet on if Elite Dangerous will have PSVR support when it releases?

It will not. People have been hounding them about patching it in at a later date, but they've been really cagey with their responses to that.

Regarding AC VR, I wonder if it'll be a real story mode or more like that arcade mode from AC 04. If the latter...:-( :-(....

Though, still not fatal. VR fighters are that damned sweet at a basic level.

It will not. People have been hounding them about patching it in at a later date, but they've been really cagey with their responses to that.
    I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2