Page 306 of 316 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 4734
  1. #4576
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    It does make me wonder what would happen if something like Vive got an after-market 3rd party peripheral for their shooter games. I imagine that with the Lighthouse sensor system they have in place, that could make for some really insane/intense shooting experiences if you have the room in your home for it.
    Sounds like imagine the possibilities 2k17
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  2. #4577
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,920

    Default

    Well, no choice in this case. I have neither the room nor am I willing to commit the finances required for the full Vive set up, since I'd need a brand new PC to run it, so that's all I've got...

  3. #4578
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Well, no choice in this case. I have neither the room nor am I willing to commit the finances required for the full Vive set up, since I'd need a brand new PC to run it, so that's all I've got...
    Scorpio will save you.....
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  4. #4579
    DaveS1138's Avatar
    DaveS1138 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bedford, NH
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    Loving Bridge Crew. Incredibly easy to jump around the crew positions in single player which makes things nice and easy...but clearly this is designed with 4 players in mind.
    Also very impressed with how good it looks. We are a long way from the days of Driveclub VR looking like utter garbage.

    It's great to see that we are moving away from great VR experiences and onto great VR games with this and Farpoint.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

  5. #4580
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,920

    Default

    I haven't yet built up the courage to go on multi-player with this game yet, I've only messed around in single-player with the Captain's chair, but... yeah, this game is kind of crazy, just because of that "Good God, I'M IN STAR TREK" moment you have when you're issuing commands, looking around, the red alert sound is blaring through the bridge and shields are going up. Playing with the Move controllers also feels more natural.

    For Star Trek nerds, this is pretty much a must own. I just about died laughing when the Kobayashi Maru showed up.

  6. #4581
    DaveS1138's Avatar
    DaveS1138 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bedford, NH
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I haven't yet built up the courage to go on multi-player with this game yet, I've only messed around in single-player with the Captain's chair, but... yeah, this game is kind of crazy, just because of that "Good God, I'M IN STAR TREK" moment you have when you're issuing commands, looking around, the red alert sound is blaring through the bridge and shields are going up. Playing with the Move controllers also feels more natural.

    For Star Trek nerds, this is pretty much a must own. I just about died laughing when the Kobayashi Maru showed up.
    It sounded like they used the actual audio from Wrath of Kahn when the Kobayashi Maru hails you which was a nice touch

    My only disappointment so far is how long it takes to do anything....It takes 20-40 seconds for the transporter to lock onto 6 people??? In the show they do that in a second....or a full minute to load up two photon torpedoes??? It makes things feel too clunky Its set after the reboot movie so things should be a lot faster.

    I finally worked out how to get the helmsman to impulse and warp to targets without me having to take over his station which made things much easier

    Really liking the game though even with that said. Going to have to try out the classic bridge later And I really will have to try with some real people. I heard this is cross play with the Occulust and Vive people so that should at least give plenty of people to try it with.

    I'm playing with two move controllers which feels nice and natural (even when I have to move things around a little to stop the buttons in game from being below the armrests of my chair ) but it does make me wish the move controllers were a little more accurate. After trying the Vive equivalent once those things were absolutely rock solid in a way that the move just isn't capable of being



    ....I hope Cuco is having a little chuckle somewhere about us all having to use move after all
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

  7. #4582
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    My only disappointment so far is how long it takes to do anything....It takes 20-40 seconds for the transporter to lock onto 6 people??? In the show they do that in a second....or a full minute to load up two photon torpedoes??? It makes things feel too clunky Its set after the reboot movie so things should be a lot faster.
    Yeah, that takes some getting use to, although that's definitely a deliberate design choice/limitation, to add more tension to the game when it comes to executing those actions. It makes it feel less video-gamey and almost more submarine-like.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    I'm playing with two move controllers which feels nice and natural (even when I have to move things around a little to stop the buttons in game from being below the armrests of my chair ) but it does make me wish the move controllers were a little more accurate. After trying the Vive equivalent once those things were absolutely rock solid in a way that the move just isn't capable of being



    ....I hope Cuco is having a little chuckle somewhere about us all having to use move after all
    I haven't had any major tracking issues with the Move controllers, but I think my lighting conditions are pretty good, so there's that. I imagine it might actually be more efficient to play with the DS4 controller, but doesn't feel as fun.

    I also love how the directional audio works in this game. I find myself reflexively turning to look at the crew members when they start giving status updates about how things are going.

    It's one of the few times I'm advocating this, but I hope Ubisoft takes advantage of the DLC model and gives us more content and cosmetic options. I'd buy the Enterprise D bridge, or the Enterprise A bridge from the movies in a second if it was available.

  8. #4583
    DaveS1138's Avatar
    DaveS1138 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bedford, NH
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yeah, that takes some getting use to, although that's definitely a deliberate design choice/limitation, to add more tension to the game when it comes to executing those actions. It makes it feel less video-gamey and almost more submarine-like.
    It's odd because I really do like that submarine-like aspect.....it's just a little glaring when you compare it to the show



    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I haven't had any major tracking issues with the Move controllers, but I think my lighting conditions are pretty good, so there's that. I imagine it might actually be more efficient to play with the DS4 controller, but doesn't feel as fun.

    I also love how the directional audio works in this game. I find myself reflexively turning to look at the crew members when they start giving status updates about how things are going.

    It's one of the few times I'm advocating this, but I hope Ubisoft takes advantage of the DLC model and gives us more content and cosmetic options. I'd buy the Enterprise D bridge, or the Enterprise A bridge from the movies in a second if it was available.
    Yeah I haven't had any bad tracking issues with the move controllers...but they do bounce around a little which the Vive controllers don't. It would just be nice to have that level of control

    I like the idea of the different bridge DLC too. (although would it kill them to make it free DLC ) but with the Enterprise D playing as solo as captain it would be a pain in the ass to have to turn around to give commands to the tactical station which would be behind you
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

  9. #4584
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,369

    Default

    I have Touch which is allegedly the best way to play this Star Trek game. I also hear coop is the only good mode.

    Anyone on here want to play coop Star Trek this weekend, and I don't mean that sexually (this time)? This is a rare weekend of solitude for me: Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  10. #4585
    RM's Avatar
    RM
    RM is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    11,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    This is a rare weekend of solitude for me: Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday.
    Lucky man. I haven't had one of those in 9 years...
    PS4 - Because Cronie

    PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

  11. #4586
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Lucky man. I haven't had one of those in 9 years...
    (Seriously? Not ONE?)
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  12. #4587
    DaveS1138's Avatar
    DaveS1138 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bedford, NH
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    I'm free Sunday night if anybody wants to put a crew together

  13. #4588
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,369

    Default

    Hmmm, I guess I have some buying and single player training to do before then?

    We shall see.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  14. #4589
    Shoeless's Avatar
    Shoeless is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
    I'm free Sunday night if anybody wants to put a crew together
    I *might* be able to swing that. I'm free on Sunday night, but not sure yet if by "free" that means I'm actually doing something with the wife. Still, if you want, you can PM your PSN user-name and I can put in a friend request, or I can PM you mine.

    I'm okay so far with the Captain's seat, tactical and helm, but I don't have much experience with engineering.

  15. #4590
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    I have Touch which is allegedly the best way to play this Star Trek game. I also hear coop is the only good mode.

    Anyone on here want to play coop Star Trek this weekend, and I don't mean that sexually (this time)? This is a rare weekend of solitude for me: Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday.
    Ah, that time RedRedSuit and Badger played Kirk and Spock.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1