Page 284 of 287 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4299
    RM
    RM is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    (and currently AC Syndicate)
    Pretty good? I played 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Black Flag. Only really liked 2 and Black Flag. I got a cheap key for Syndicate a while back, but haven't installed it yet.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Pretty good? I played 1, 2, Brotherhood, and Black Flag. Only really liked 2 and Black Flag. I got a cheap key for Syndicate a while back, but haven't installed it yet.
    Well, I'm at 5% completion. But I'm enjoying it. I have a love-hate thing with Ass Creed, but this game is hitting me the right way for the time being.

I agree 2 and Black Flag are good (2 being close to great), but Brotherhood to me is an extension of 2 and is therefore also solid.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by weasl View Post
    I've stopped caring.

Sorry.

I stated something that I felt was fact "consoles have dedicated developers and that is a plus" which you were desperate to shit on.

Enjoy your PC is superior wars, i'm too busy playing games to give flying f.

You win. I don't care.
    Someone cared enough to post it though.

BOOOM! Badger wins!
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

RM
    RM is online now Member

I agree 2 and Black Flag are good (2 being close to great), but Brotherhood to me is an extension of 2 and is therefore also solid.
    Seemed great, I just tried to play them back to back, and it was too much. I think I made it half way through Bro before getting bored and moving on to something else. If I had played them both new, when they were a year apart, I probably could have appreciated it better.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design Define R4, i5 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Godstar is offline Member

VR reminds me of BD 3D in a lot of ways. I just don't care for either experience and like my unencumbered two dimensional media. It has that cool factor, but for the time I have and the money, it has little value proposition.

DaveS1138 is online now Member

I guess a dedicated gaming environment is a big advantage. I have my PSVR constantly plugged in and sitting next to my gaming chair so it takes me all of 10 seconds to get into it. It's so much more immersive I can't imagine being stuck in boring old 2D for these types of games.

My big issue at the moment is just with the lack of software that I would want to play. Still no racing game that's worth playing on PSVR...I'm perfectly happy with sticking to cockpit games but there aren't enough of them out there at the moment. I would probably be happier with an Occulust. I would appreciate the higher resolution and project CARS and Elite : Dangerous would be more than enough to fill my time.

I'm loving Battlezone co-op and have played the VR X-Wing experience more times than I care to count......it just needs more full titles that are worth playing.
    PSN : DaveS1138
    The Definitive (tm) GT5 vs Forza 3 bet
    Vanquished I retreat from the field.....the victory is miDnIghtEr's
    Forza - Finally able to race at night and in the wet...just like GT3 did.....in 2001.....on the PS2

Well, I'm at 5% completion. But I'm enjoying it. I have a love-hate thing with Ass Creed, but this game is hitting me the right way for the time being.

Ass Creed games always remind me how behind Japanese game tech is compared to the west. There's this huge beautiful city of London, fully explorable. You get a rope dart which yiu can use to basically make zip lines from anywhere to anywhere. Meanwhile SE expresses fear they cannot do FF7's world justice in the modern day. FF15's biggest city looks stunning (Altissia) but is mostly a clever backdrop for a few small explorable areas; and the game took 10 years to make.

A combination of Japanese imagination and western technology. That's my dream.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

Favelle is offline Member

A combination of Japanese imagination and western technology. That's my dream.
    That is hard to argue with. They can imagine some of the most stunning backdrops.....but it seems so lifeless and fake when you can't explore it, manipulate it, or alter/destroy it.
    You don't keep friends who use low resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    "You don't keep friends who use low volume."
    Intel i7 4770k (@4.5Ghz) + CrossFire Gigabyte R9 290x's w/ 4GB video RAM! + 16GB DDR3 RAM (STEAM/Origin: Nealon_Greene)
    Elitist >> mindless peon
    Yamaha 6260 - 7.1 Polks - 2 LLT subs powered by 1000W
    Optoma HD20 with 123" fixed screen for movies

RM
    RM is online now Member

Do you think maybe Japan is just not willing to tolerate the inherent technical problems that can come from open world games? Is it a cultural philosophy sort of thing that's influencing design?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Do you think maybe Japan is just not willing to tolerate the inherent technical problems that can come from open world games? Is it a cultural philosophy sort of thing that's influencing design?
    Given that I've seen Japanese devs refer multiple times to the gap between East and West technology, my impression is that the problem is organizational. The way they run companies over there doesn't seem to translate well to these huge game projects. They seem to be too rigid and unable to be nimble. So they trip over themselves, and everything takes 10x as long.

Another factor is that Western devs are more willing to put out formula games. A Final Fantasy game will never be a formula game; they HAVE to try to push the envelope and do something different every time. On the other hand Ubi will happily make Far Cry 3, 4, 5, 6, ... which are virtual copies of each other, every 1-2 years. Even something like Mass Effect is still an attempt to find a formula and then repeat it. It's basically somewhat lazy compared to the big JP devs.

I mean, we know Japanese devs *can* equal Western devs. It just takes them several more years per game.

DaveS1138 is online now Member

Dirt Rally is getting PSVR support

https://www.gtplanet.net/dirt-rally-...ampaign=buffer

hdinred is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    If your stomach and nerves can handles it, try Resident Evil 7 when it comes out in a couple of weeks.
    I definitely will.. an easy purchase since it's a wanted game even without VR.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Maybe it's just me but RE7 looks like complete crap. It's not what I want from an RE game.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Maybe it's just me but RE7 looks like complete crap. It's not what I want from an RE game.
    Capcom is a mainstream company. They can't put penis gobblers in it. Maybe in 2018.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

i couldn't finish the demo, not feeling it and would rather have traditional campy 3rd person RE
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo