Page 11 of 316 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    My quote would have been exactly the same regardless of what you said you were. It's a go to line for me.
    If you had said ethnically Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Jedi, Atheist, Agnostic, whatever, I would have said the same thing. Why you make me rip the troll mask off son?!
    And then midnighter came scrambling in and latched himself on to that statement ("LMFAO!! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa I literally just post the same type of thing. Too funny. And so true.").

It's so good, you can't make this stuff up.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

RedRedSuit is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post

$80, will do fine.
    Actually... flying insect slaveowner guy in TPM/AOTC was a fairly clear Jewish stereotype (just like the Trade Federation guys all sound like stereotypical Chinese Americans). I remember I was about to get pissed about it, but then when the Jedi Mind Trick didn't work on him I felt a perverse sense of pride in my people. "You think you're some kind of Jedi or something" was actually an excellent laugh line for me.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Actually... flying insect slaveowner guy in TPM/AOTC was a fairly clear Jewish stereotype (just like the Trade Federation guys all sound like stereotypical Chinese Americans). I remember I was about to get pissed about it, but then when the Jedi Mind Trick didn't work on him I felt a perverse sense of pride in my people. "You think you're some kind of Jedi or something" was actually an excellent laugh line for me.
    It's ok, us Asians got represented by Nute Gunray and co (more of Japanese stereotype).

It was not the most flattering thing.

Imagine my shock when Force Awakens had not one but TWO Asians!
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

I worked with this jewish guy, George at TRU. He was a huge jew (meaning like big into the religion and all that) but he hated other jews. It was the weirdest thing.
    My most memorable moment was him huffing and puffing and coming into the security booth (which was misnamed, that's what they called that closed in section with the door and window where you would pick up video games and electronics after you bought them with a ticket), and mumbling to himself.
    "George, what's wrong?"
    "I just had to put up with this jewish couple trying to buy their kid a bike!"
    "Oh, what happened"
    "The cheap fucks were trying to get every nickle and dime they could off of the price of the bike. They wanted to buy the floor model (which back then were actually $10 more, since they were pre-built) and wanted me to knock off $30!"
    "oh, so what did you do"
    "I just gave them an attitude and told them to take it or leave it and then told Mike to help them out. I can't stand these cheap jewish fucks!"
    "Uh George.....aren't you jewish?"
    "Yeah, and I'm cheap too but that doesn't mean I want to put up with some other jews cheapness!"

My friend Brent and I were rolling around laughing (not literally). We still talk about this encounter even now.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

It's ok, us Asians got represented by Nute Gunray and co.

I know, I mentioned it. I actually felt bad for asians. Honestly, it probably would have been OK to maybe overlook if they didn't specifically have the Chinese accents. It was just... really, really blatant. I would love to see how Lucas, or whoever, specified that that is how it should be done.
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver

RM
    RM is online now Member

Erm... wow. Well, I didn't know that about Hasids, but in general they are embarrassing to us. They're sort of like the really hardcore fundamentalist Muslims are to most other Muslims: they keep their women hidden away from the world and generally treat them like shit, dress like jackasses, and basically just isolate themselves in their weird neighborhoods. So whenever they come up I feel embarrassment.

(_)

But you're an Athiest...? I...I don't get it.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

I worked with this jewish guy, George at TRU. He was a huge jew (meaning like big into the religion and all that) but he hated other jews. It was the weirdest thing.
    My most memorable moment was him huffing and puffing and coming into the security booth (which was misnamed, that's what they called that closed in section with the door and window where you would pick up video games and electronics after you bought them with a ticket), and mumbling to himself.
    "George, what's wrong?"
    "I just had to put up with this jewish couple trying to buy their kid a bike!"
    "Oh, what happened"
    "The cheap fucks were trying to get every nickle and dime they could off of the price of the bike. They wanted to buy the floor model (which back then were actually $10 more, since they were pre-built) and wanted me to knock off $30!"
    "oh, so what did you do"
    "I just gave them an attitude and told them to take it or leave it and then told Mike to help them out. I can't stand these cheap jewish fucks!"
    "Uh George.....aren't you jewish?"
    "Yeah, and I'm cheap too but that doesn't mean I want to put up with some other jews cheapness!"

My friend Brent and I were rolling around laughing (not literally). We still talk about this encounter even now.
    OK, OK, bring it down a notch. Everybody's cheap. You see weird arguing from every race.

Quote Originally Posted by rm082e View Post

(_)

But you're an Athiest...? I...I don't get it.
    Jews are an ethnic group. There are Ashkenazi and Sephardic subgroups. They tend to have certain physical features, for example. Sephards tend to have darker skin, while Ashkenazi have the ol' big noses and (my favorite thing) the women tend to have big boobs.

Some of them follow Judaism. Some don't. Some kind of follow it by celebrating <whatever> but don't give a shit about god. Etc. Sometimes non-ethnic Jews convert to Judaism. Some people call anyone following Judaism a "Jew," but it's just an overloaded term that means 2 different things depending on context.

That's why I say "ethnic Jew" vs. "religious Jew."

OK, OK, bring it down a notch. Everybody's cheap. You see weird arguing from every race.
    Aye, That's the part that makes this sort of thing funny.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Aye, That's the part that makes this sort of thing funny.
    Basically he latches onto a shitty stereotype used against his own people. Which is indeed funny.

Jews are also allowed to make Holocaust jokes. Everyone else... not so much.

Basically he latches onto a shitty stereotype used against his own people. Which is indeed funny.

Jews are also allowed to make Holocaust jokes. Everyone else... not so much.
    Shit, when did that memo go out?

In real life, I tend to just hate everyone. This keeps it simple and I wouldn't want to exclude anyone.

Shoeless is online now HDD Contributor

I actually felt bad for asians. Honestly, it probably would have been OK to maybe overlook if they didn't specifically have the Chinese accents. It was just... really, really blatant. I would love to see how Lucas, or whoever, specified that that is how it should be done.
    As Onslaught said, it was a lot closer to a Japanese accent than a Chinese one, but you'd have to either be Asian or spend a lot of time in Asia to make the distinction.

RM
    RM is online now Member

Jews are an ethnic group. There are Ashkenazi and Sephardic subgroups. They tend to have certain physical features, for example. Sephards tend to have darker skin, while Ashkenazi have the ol' big noses and (my favorite thing) the women tend to have big boobs.

Some of them follow Judaism. Some don't. Some kind of follow it by celebrating <whatever> but don't give a shit about god. Etc. Sometimes non-ethnic Jews convert to Judaism. Some people call anyone following Judaism a "Jew," but it's just an overloaded term that means 2 different things depending on context.

That's why I say "ethnic Jew" vs. "religious Jew."
    See, I can follow your line of logic on that just fine. As an ethnic mutt who has no culture tied to my ancestry, I have to bend my mind into a pretzel to process it, but I get what you're saying.

What I can't understand is Antisemitism: Do anti-semites have a problem with the ethic part, or the religious part? Are there some of both? If so, do they argue with each other over which part is the "right" one to have a problem with? Do they then demonize each other for being "wrong" about which part to hate?

And then those questions are made all the more confusing to me because here in Oklahoma, a lot of white people have some small amount of Native American blood. I've known two people who were of (mostly) Jewish ancestry, and they looked just like all the other white mutts with some Native American blood around here. So if there are anti-semites who are jerks about the race thing, but not the religion stuff, what's their justification for singling out jews in a society where there's no clear lines of race to begin with?

I have a feeling if I lived in Europe I would have better context for the issue maybe? Having been raised by hippies here in the US, it just doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by RM; 12-27-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, BenQ 27" Quad HD monitor, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

It's ok, us Asians got represented by Nute Gunray and co (more of Japanese stereotype).

Imagine my shock when Force Awakens had not one but TWO Asians!
    There's a lot more than two Asians in TFA... You racist!
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Quote Originally Posted by rm082e View Post
    See, I can follow your line of logic on that just fine. As an ethnic mutt who has no culture tied to my ancestry, I have to bend my mind into a pretzel to process it, but I get what you're saying.

What I can't understand is Antisemitism: Do anti-semites have a problem with the ethic part, or the religious part? Are there some of both? If so, do they argue with each other over which part is the "right" one to have a problem with? Do they then demonize each other for being "wrong" about which part to hate?

And then those questions are made all the more confusing to me because here in Oklahoma, where a lot of white people have some small amount of Native American blood. I've known two people who were of (mostly) Jewish ancestry, and they looked just like all the other white mutts with some Native American blood around here. So if there are anti-semites who are jerks about the race thing, but not the religion stuff, what's their justification for singling out jews in a society where there's no clear lines of race to begin with?

I have a feeling if I lived in Europe I would have better context for the issue maybe? Having been raised by hippies here in the US, it just doesn't make any sense.
    I think in the US people in general don't realize there is an ethnic and religious part of being a jew. The ones who don't like them just hear the word and know, oh, I don't like them.
    It's like how a lot of American's don't like Mexicans (stealing all of our jobs yo!) but they couldn't tell a Mexican from a Honduran.
    One interesting thing though is that I never understood is that most of the hispanics I've worked with didn't like Puerto Ricans. I don't know what the difference is (they all look the same amirite?!) but they would talk shit all the time. One of my current good friends is this Puerto Rican girl and she loathes Cubans for some reason.

Page 11 of 316 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast