Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 671
  1. #16
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
    Yeah, that service is lighting up the fuckin charts, I tell ya. I mean, I signed up right away! I bet all the other cronys here use this service on a daily basis, dont you?


    If you werent such a whore for any corporation with microsoft in the title, youd make the same claim. But you have a role to play, so keep on dancin, monkey.
    So Sony spent a ton of money on Goku and the PSNow service, and MS spent a ton of money on BC support because they just don't matter anymore?
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    God of War 3
    Journey
    Uncharted collection
    Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD
    Tearaway Unfolded

    Seems PS4 users like to pay to play their old games.
    Updated versions? Sure, why not. You guys don't seem to have a problem with the fact that 2/3 of the year's XBONE lineup is cross-gen.

    Also, Journey's cross-buy compatible, so it's free for people who had it on PS3. Still, nobody really counted Journey to begin with.

    As for Tearaway... Barely anyone played that game on Vita, so for most people? It's not going to be an "old game" especially since it's mostly new content to boot, not a remaster.
    Great quotes on the internet:

    I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post


    Playing the same old games just how you played them 10 years ago matters when that's what your lineup looks like in 2015.
    Damn, Gears and Rare in August got delayed?!!? I mean they must have if Indy's calendar is right
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
    I was thinking about buying an x1, but since the only games worth of shit to play on it have already been out for 5 years, I'll just stick with the piece of shit xbox I already have.

    thanks obama
    I would assume this is the same reason you haven't bought a PS4.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  5. #20
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
    Its all they have. Let the poor xbots have their fun. Its not their fault that their exclusives are so pitiful, piss-poor and underwhelming that they have to attach themselves to the success of their last-gen machine. Its kinda like these guys running around with rebel flags. Living in the past...back when things went their way.

    Hell, mid has made more threads on wrinkly, stale old games than he has for any of the new ones. that shows just how excited he is over these "amazing" exclusives.
    Now Xbox users are being compared to racist southerners.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  6. #21
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    Updated versions? Sure, why not. You guys don't seem to have a problem with the fact that 2/3 of the year's XBONE lineup is cross-gen.

    Also, Journey's cross-buy compatible, so it's free for people who had it on PS3. Still, nobody really counted Journey to begin with.

    As for Tearaway... Barely anyone played that game on Vita, so for most people? It's not going to be an "old game" especially since it's mostly new content to boot, not a remaster.
    So to summarize:


    -Same game I played before: Fuck that I never want to play that shit again.
    -Same game as before with a little better resolution: I would rather pay for a little improvement than get the same experience for free.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  7. #22
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    So to summarize:


    -Same game I played before: Fuck that I never want to play that shit again.
    -Same game as before with a little better resolution: I would rather pay for a little improvement than get the same experience for free.
    Incorrect. It's actually like this:

    For a given game X I would actually play:

    - If I haven't played X yet: Remaster of X is clearly better, because it's the less-gimped version and usually includes all DLC as well. (Ask anyone who played GTA V on PS4 vs. PS3, or TLoU on PS4 vs. PS3.) Choosing to instead buy and play the old version is just dumb, unless you are utterly destitute.
    - If I have played X: I probably don't want to play it again.
    - If I have played X, but it's so amazing I want to play it again: 50/50. Free is good, but playing it with better visuals and 2x the frame rate is probably worth $X as well... at least it adds a reason to play it yet again. Do I just want to watch Terminator 2 on VHS yet again... or do I want to pay $10 to upgrade to DVD? If I'm such a huge fan of T2 as to want to watch it for the 5th time... yeah, I'll spring on the DVD.

    So as you see, for a given game a remaster is actually quite attractive, if you actually look at it logically instead of brain-vomiting, as a fanboy does, on the topic.

    Of course, REMASTERS VS. BC is not the real fight; it's just a strawman. If every game that was available with BC were available truly and well remastered, then it would be a fight (and remasters would win that fight, I assure you... people love to double-dip for a better version). That's not the case however.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    Now Xbox users are being compared to racist southerners.
    You only have yourselves to blame for bringing us PS4 Yankees the CoD crowd. Now we gotta deal with the toothless hicks, gun nuts and kissing cousins who play that series. Shit, I gotta brush up on my Jeff Foxworthy jokes and Larry the Cable Guy movies now.

    It's a good thing I only pay for games and not MP when I pay for PS+.
    Great quotes on the internet:

    I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland,Maine
    Posts
    22,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    You only have yourselves to blame for bringing us PS4 Yankees the CoD crowd. Now we gotta deal with the toothless hicks, gun nuts and kissing cousins who play that series. Shit, I gotta brush up on my Jeff Foxworthy jokes and Larry the Cable Guy movies now.

    It's a good thing I only pay for games and not MP when I pay for PS+.
    Damn, you should switch to the xbox son. You get MP and games for free there. *


    *Free with $50 charitable donation to the MS fund.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

    I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

  10. #25
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Incorrect. It's actually like this:

    For a given game X I would actually play:

    - If I haven't played X yet: Remaster of X is clearly better, because it's the less-gimped version and usually includes all DLC as well. (Ask anyone who played GTA V on PS4 vs. PS3, or TLoU on PS4 vs. PS3.) Choosing to instead buy and play the old version is just dumb, unless you are utterly destitute.
    - If I have played X: I probably don't want to play it again.
    - If I have played X, but it's so amazing I want to play it again: 50/50. Free is good, but playing it with better visuals and 2x the frame rate is probably worth $X as well... at least it adds a reason to play it yet again. Do I just want to watch Terminator 2 on VHS yet again... or do I want to pay $10 to upgrade to DVD? If I'm such a huge fan of T2 as to want to watch it for the 5th time... yeah, I'll spring on the DVD.

    So as you see, for a given game a remaster is actually quite attractive, if you actually look at it logically instead of brain-vomiting, as a fanboy does, on the topic.

    Of course, REMASTERS VS. BC is not the real fight; it's just a strawman. If every game that was available with BC were available truly and well remastered, then it would be a fight (and remasters would win that fight, I assure you... people love to double-dip for a better version). That's not the case however.
    The fedora has spoken ladies and gentle sirs.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Occupying a job
    Posts
    11,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    I would assume this is the same reason you haven't bought a PS4.
    You would assume right. The fact that anyone owns these consoles right now kind of mystifies me. Maybe im just fucking old and crotchety.

    If fallout wouldnt have been announced, id happily wait until late next year to get one but in order to keep the peace in the household, i'm going to have to spring for one of these new stupid ass consoles sooner rather than later.

  12. #27
    Pyrochaos's Avatar
    Pyrochaos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    7,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    You only have yourselves to blame for bringing us PS4 Yankees the CoD crowd. Now we gotta deal with the toothless hicks, gun nuts and kissing cousins who play that series. Shit, I gotta brush up on my Jeff Foxworthy jokes and Larry the Cable Guy movies now.

    It's a good thing I only pay for games and not MP when I pay for PS+.
    Pro Bass fishing and Cabela's Big Game hunter confirmed exclusives at E3 2016?
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

  13. #28
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    I cant wait until the bulk, if not all my 360 (and og xbox) games work on the one. I can retire my x360 to another room, even replace it with one of my fats that is collecting dust.
    But i am biased, i love the idea of a new console playing older games as i rotate games like a girl on her heavy period changes tampons

    I am also ok with remasters, i just hate how much emphasis they are this gen with being the big game released. Its a fresh coat of paint, not a NEW game..
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  14. #29
    cuco33's Avatar
    cuco33 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Damn, Gears and Rare in August got delayed?!!? I mean they must have if Indy's calendar is right
    Forza 6 is also launching september 2015
    Polished turd is still turd
    ~my PC has me by the webos~
    Driveclub no longer rattling cronies since 2013 because racing games no longer count!

  15. #30
    RedRedSuit's Avatar
    RedRedSuit is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    25,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
    You would assume right. The fact that anyone owns these consoles right now kind of mystifies me. Maybe im just fucking old and crotchety.
    I don't get this at all.

    If you have a good PC, OK, fair point. But if you don't, there are plenty of good games released on the new consoles. Most of them aren't exclusive, but that isn't a requirement.
    Receiver: Denon 3808CI / Remote: Logitech Harmony 1
    Speakers: Monitor Audio RS6 front, RSLCR center, R90 back, Elemental Design sub
    Consoles: Wii, GC+GBAP (digital), Xbox 360 S (250GB), PS3 (+320GB), PS4, GBA SP
    PC: Intel i7 3770k (+10%), nVidia GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB, HDMI to receiver
    Set top boxes: Apple TV 1G 160GB, DirecTV HR44 HD DVR, Sony BDP-S6500
    TV: Samsung UN55D6000 55" LED TV

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1