Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pyrochaos is offline Member

I had the physical release, and all DLC, so I never downloaded the GWG version. Unless there is a decent improvement I don't see a reason for me to spend money on it.
    AOS Pyrochaos
    Pyrochaos
    Quote Originally Posted by WellInformed View Post
    Yes, X360 has technical advantages over the PS3. Bad code can still run on the X360. It can't run on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
    I had the physical release, and all DLC, so I never downloaded the GWG version. Unless there is a decent improvement I don't see a reason for me to spend money on it.
    I always download the GWG version. That way I can trade in my physical copy for like $2 and feel bad later that I got ripped off.
    Even Sponsored by Crony Mule admits:
    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    Uncharted peaked with 2 and each one just gets worse.

I'll say this...I actually finished 3, I couldn't bring myself to finish 4. It was so boring.

Do you want to pay $40 for a remaster? Or do you want to pay $60 for it since it doesn't include premade DLC?
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

weasl is offline Member

Makes me wish I had grabbed it off of PS+. I wouldn't mind replaying it for $20. Great game.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

hdinred is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    Do you want to pay $40 for a remaster? Or do you want to pay $60 for it since it doesn't include premade DLC?
    $40 version for me, which is still $10 too much IMO. The beta was fun though, looking forward to it.
    DarkRedRain (XBL, PSN, Steam)
    Xbox One The Leader in 4K Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The question boils down to this: is 4K really worth it? And the answer to that is pretty straightforward - it definitely is. The detail increase is profound in its own right and moves into a different level entirely with HDR engaged. Link

Looks like the GoW: UE's remade cutscenes has fans split on which looks best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zpt931_kj8

TBH, outside of the character models (albeit, I don't like Cole's new model) and the added effects/animations? I think the original CG is better. I find the new cutscenes' heavy focus on the characters seems a bit out of place compared to the original.
    Great quotes on the internet:

I hear Galaxy is brilliant, and it probably is. Just can't picture myself sitting down and playing it. That would take time away from watching the Disney Channel and working on my coloring book.
    Ryan Payton (MGS4 Associate Producer)

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
    Looks like the GoW: UE's remade cutscenes has fans split on which looks best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zpt931_kj8

TBH, outside of the character models (albeit, I don't like Cole's new model) and the added effects/animations? I think the original CG is better. I find the new cutscenes' heavy focus on the characters seems a bit out of place compared to the original.
    Old ones look better

I also like the old ones better.
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:
    PS4,ONE,Gamecube, N64, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn,PSTv,Vita,3DS, Retron 5
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    2017 Completed List:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...inish-481.html
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Bane is offline Member

New ones look way better, especially RAAM's introduction.
    One thing they do now, I noticed, is they have these platform wars, like "Xbox is better than Playstation." That's nerdy to me. What the fuck is the matter with you?
    - Ice-T on video game fanboys.

weasl is offline Member

I loath to say this but I kind of miss the more black and white'ishness of the older visuals. Reminds me of Saving Private Ryan.
    - Gamer, the true master race -
    PS4 - PS3 - 360 - Wii - Vita - PSP - DS - PC
    Game Collection (Backloggery)

miDnIghtEr is offline Banned

New one looks better to me... but nothing incredible. Waiting on the new Gears here.

RM
    RM is offline Member

Okay, I know I'm four years late to the party, but I played a bit of The Last of Us for the first time tonight. I got up to the part where I'm now with Ellie, and this lady who I'm guessing is about to die.

Why do people dislike this game? So far, it feels like the Tomb Raider devs made a slightly less combat - heavy game with a much better story and dialogue. I'm not seeing how this is going to turn shitty...

Edit: played another hour and got through the office building and onto the roof. I see how some people might be annoyed that you can't blast your way through the clickers, but it still seems like a great stealth-action game.
    Last edited by RM; 07-12-2017 at 08:02 AM.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

michealo is offline Watcher of stances

i quite enjoyed TLOU and more so the DLC.
    the multiplayer is where things really shined however.

speaking of remasters, FFXII was delivered yesterday. will start once i can tear myself away from Neir
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony

Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Okay, I know I'm four years late to the party, but I played a bit of The Last of Us for the first time tonight. I got up to the part where I'm now with Ellie, and this lady who I'm guessing is about to die.

Why do people dislike this game? So far, it feels like the Tomb Raider devs made a slightly less combat - heavy game with a much better story and dialogue. I'm not seeing how this is going to turn shitty...

Edit: played another hour and got through the office building and onto the roof. I see how some people might be annoyed that you can't blast your way through the clickers, but it still seems like a great stealth-action game.
    I hate the story because it's a sexless Children of Men. The male character is a dominator that chooses the fate of his "partner."

Secondly, the AI is terrible and the game is clunky and too easy. It's a whole game that plays like the locked down stealth segments of Uncharted 2. It never opens up.

I mainly dislike the game for the story. I really don't like it and I think they should include a "Based on Children of Men by P.D. James." I don't like how it is borderline plagiarism, I don't like how it handles its choices, and I don't like how characters dominate over the other. No growth occurs, only dominance. It's disgusting.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

RM
    RM is offline Member

Hmm. So did you dislike There Will Be Blood? These types of stories seem like character studies, rather than conflict resolution stories. Not all characters are likable people...

I never read Children of Men, I only saw the movie. I'm sure the book was better, but was it significantly different from the film?
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast