Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1436
  1. #31
    thejnc's Avatar
    thejnc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    14,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger3920 View Post
    I wouldn't expect free games -- it was only down from late morning until eveningish (at least for PS3; I understand PS4 was out longer). It sucked, but it's sort of whatever.
    PS3 was up by mid afternoon. I was able to get on and do Rayman Legends Challenges, but yeah, PS4 was down quite a few hours more.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

  2. #32
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    It will be noticeable (and interesting) if PS4 version runs better and expectations for Xbox One version are lowered.
    It remains to be seen if graphics matter again but D3 running worse on Xbox One can't be denied.



    10 complete outages. Only two affected me while all of them affected respawn who tweeted that is was an MS cloud problem to take the heat off them.

    "the cloud" issues are only as excusible as the strength of denial.
    The hype has failed.

    On the PSN DDOS attack side, sony needs a much better response time.
    Allowing the attack to persist for so long speaks incompetance.
    Has the frequency decreased?

    Will those ten outages forever doom it as a worthless iteration or solution?
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  3. #33
    thejnc's Avatar
    thejnc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    14,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Will those ten outages forever doom it as a worthless iteration or solution?
    Obviously yes.
    Finished 2017 Games
    Finished 2016 Games
    Finished 2015 Games
    Finished 2014 Games

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRedSuit View Post
    Thejnc has essentially perfect grammar around here...

  4. #34
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Has the frequency decreased?

    Will those ten outages forever doom it as a worthless iteration or solution?
    The time between events? I'm not sure that matters.
    10 outagages is a huge number for an hyped always on solution.

    Forever doomed is rather much. Very few people should still have a death grip on "the cloud 300k servers" as a bullet point until something down the road proves its worth.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  5. #35
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    The time between events? I'm not sure that matters.
    10 outagages is a huge number for an hyped always on solution.

    Forever doomed is rather much. Very few people should still have a death grip on "the cloud 300k servers" as a bullet point until something down the road proves its worth.
    You're missing the point.

    What the fuck does any of this still have to do with the always on solution? It's a dedicated server solution....who the fuck cares if you're trying to prove a now invalid point from 14 months ago? Last time I checked, the XBox One is NOT always on now. And I was asking essentially if it's improved. If the frequency of downtime has decreased, you could point to that that data as improvements to the system.

    So it's not a useful iteration or solution to the current model because it's not a useful bullet point in a message board argument?

    You're really worse than you portray yourself.

    I guess it will never matter if it's helpful for developers, reduces costs for devs, supplies new resources to devs, reduces lag to more players, all because Xbox One USED to be an always on solution.

    And ON TOP OF THAT, Titanfall was sometimes down but Live wasn't. You are totally grasping.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  6. #36
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    You're missing the point.

    What the fuck does any of this still have to do with the always on solution? It's a dedicated server solution....who the fuck cares if you're trying to prove a now invalid point from 14 months ago? Last time I checked, the XBox One is NOT always on now. And I was asking essentially if it's improved. If the frequency of downtime has decreased, you could point to that that data as improvements to the system.

    So it's not a useful iteration or solution to the current model because it's not a useful bullet point in a message board argument?

    You're really worse than you portray yourself.

    I guess it will never matter if it's helpful for developers, reduces costs for devs, supplies new resources to devs, reduces lag to more players, all because Xbox One USED to be an always on solution.

    And ON TOP OF THAT, Titanfall was sometimes down but Live wasn't. You are totally grasping.
    Ouch?
    I made no reference to the DRM fiasco, not sure why you went there.

    If we can't hold companies and fanboys to agendas from 14 months ago then I suppose it's free passes for nonsense all around.
    300 XBL servers is an invalid point? Really?
    Every time TF was down, it was because the cloud servers were down. Every time.

    You are unnecessarily defending.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  7. #37
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Ouch?
    I made no reference to the DRM fiasco, not sure why you went there.
    10 outagages is a huge number for an hyped always on solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    If we can't hold companies and fanboys to agendas from 14 months ago then I suppose it's free passes for nonsense all around.
    300 XBL servers is an invalid point? Really?
    Every time TF was down, it was because the cloud servers were down. Every time.

    You are unnecessarily defending.
    It's almost like you're not smart enough to tell the difference between XBL itself, and the Titanfall solution as you really really really really really want to tie both of those soooooo tightly together to shit on all of them at once. But I know that's not the case. You're just shitting on for shittin on's sake.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  8. #38
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    It's almost like you're not smart enough to tell the difference between XBL itself, and the Titanfall solution as you really really really really really want to tie both of those soooooo tightly together to shit on all of them at once. But I know that's not the case. You're just shitting on for shittin on's sake.
    If noticing that XBL cloud servers went down 10 times taking TF with it is "shitting on the entire solution" what is "trying to sweep it under the rug"?

    XBL "the cloud" is different than XBL which has many, many facets, perhaps you think I implied otherwise?
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  9. #39
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    If noticing that XBL cloud servers went down 10 times taking TF with it is "shitting on the entire solution" what is "trying to sweep it under the rug"?

    XBL "the cloud" is different than XBL which has many, many facets, perhaps you think I implied otherwise?
    Indeed I do.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  10. #40
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    Indeed I do.
    Then my last sentence cleared everything up.
    Would you like to continue defending "the cloud" and why it took down TF 10 times?

    In other news, PSN is down again today furthering thier incompetence
    http://t.co/a0pvjVGLGe
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  11. #41
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is online now Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Then my last sentence cleared everything up.
    Would you like to continue defending "the cloud" and why it took down TF 10 times?

    In other news, PSN is down again today furthering thier incompetence
    http://t.co/a0pvjVGLGe
    It's back up. It was only down for like 30 minutes.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
    Look at God of War. That is one of the best looking games I have ever seen.
    MAD even knows when to bow!

  12. #42
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    It's back up. It was only down for like 30 minutes.
    30 minutes too long IMO, reoccurring outages look ever worse (unless the frequency is decreasing?)
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  13. #43
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    Then my last sentence cleared everything up.
    Would you like to continue defending "the cloud" and why it took down TF 10 times?

    In other news, PSN is down again today furthering thier incompetence
    http://t.co/a0pvjVGLGe
    I believe Microsoft's solution will be better for gamers and devs. You're just annoyingly dismissive.

    But you're right.

    It hasn't been perfect.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  14. #44
    Averry's Avatar
    Averry is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    30 minutes too long IMO, reoccurring outages look ever worse (unless the frequency is decreasing?)
    It has actually been increasing, so way to shoot yourself in the foot.

    And it's PSN in its entirety, not just one game in question.

    Don't juke when you should jive.
    PSN: AverryXC
    XBL: AverryXC

    27 inch Insignia 720p
    Reclining Chair 14 feet back.

  15. #45
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    I believe Microsoft's solution will be better for gamers and devs. You're just annoyingly dismissive.

    But you're right.

    It hasn't been perfect.
    Using the cloud is not a MS solution, ND and others used it last gen and there's nothing preventing sony or even Nintendo from using it as well.
    MS is indeed first to incorporate the cloud with mild usage in games but it's not very good (drivitar, TF AI, etc). Will this change? I certainly hope so but what they're doing isn't proprietary and definitely doesn't meet the expectations people had (and maybe still have) to market it over the PS4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Averry View Post
    It has actually been increasing, so way to shoot yourself in the foot.

    And it's PSN in its entirety, not just one game in question.

    Don't juke when you should jive.
    Aye, frequency doesn't matter specifically in that context of time. It's plain awful that it keeps occurring.
    As mentioned, PSN down twice in two days isn't failed marketing or hype. It's something worse. Happening again a week from now isn't better than happening tomorrow.

    Not sure why you're sill defeating XBL.

    *edit* clarified
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1